1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

How durable is the leather bottom? Do I need to put some rubber on it if I wear them a lot or something?

I topy'd mine for the wintertime (snow/slush isn't exactly leather sole friendly), basically a thin rubber sole applied over the leather one.

If Wolverine did a 1000 Mile boot with a commando sole I'd be all over it.

2. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Any experience with the various Wolverine 1000 mile boots vs. Aldens in terms of sizing?

Are they all on a Munson-like last, like the LL Bean Katahdin boots?

3. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

I topy'd mine for the wintertime (snow/slush isn't exactly leather sole friendly), basically a thin rubber sole applied over the leather one.

If Wolverine did a 1000 Mile boot with a commando sole I'd be all over it.

That thin rubber sole sounds like a good idea...

4. Christobevii3

Christobevii3 Senior member

What about using that boot dressing for cowboy boots? I think its a glossy rubbery/silicone? Its for keeping the edges the same color?

5. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

That thin rubber sole sounds like a good idea...

$30 investment to help the soles last. It's worth it.

6. Mikey33

Mikey33 Member

7. TheChefs

TheChefs Well-Known Member

Just ordered a pair at Revolve. Got the 30% discount and free shipping. Can't wait to get them. It was a toss-up between the Wolverines and the JCrew version of the RW Beckman.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/Ne...wing/30489.jsp

What was the discount code? Cheers...

8. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

first time shopper deal, just call customer service either during or after your order to get a one time discount of 30% off [some excluded brands)

9. B_RAD

B_RAD Well-Known Member

so do these fit half or a full size large? How should I size on them compared to my red wing GT size?

10. TheChefs

first time shopper deal, just call customer service either during or after your order to get a one time discount of 30% off [some excluded brands)

It's not going to be my frist time shopping there, more like 2nd time. Also I would have preferred avoid calling, since I'm in Australia. Time zone difference and all...

11. auggie

auggie Well-Known Member

What have you guys been using to maintain your boots? I've been using obenauf's cream every so often, but am wondering if there is something better that I could be using? Btw...these boots are fantastic. thanks

12. EClayton08

EClayton08 Member

They do that with the Wolverine 1000 mile boot? I really want those but didn't really wanna pay $325 for them, if I can get them with 30% off thats about the same price as the GTs.

13. bobm

bobm Senior member

What have you guys been using to maintain your boots? I've been using obenauf's cream every so often, but am wondering if there is something better that I could be using? Btw...these boots are fantastic. thanks

I just ordered this product (Montana Pitch Blend) from a NYC retailer (Leffot) today and they are showing it used on the 1000 mile boots - which I have. I am hesitant to use Obenauf's on these boots as the color is so nice, I am not taking any chances on their products (good though they are), since they do change the color on some shoes/boots/leathers.

http://blog.leffot.com/category/shoe...end-shoe-care/
    I will report back on this product soon.

Bob

14. StopPolloition

StopPolloition Senior member

They do that with the Wolverine 1000 mile boot? I really want those but didn't really wanna pay $325 for them, if I can get them with 30% off thats about the same price as the GTs.

http://www.revolveclothing.com/b/Guarantee.jsp

On the bottom of their guarantee is a list of brands that they carry who requested not to allow discounts. Wolverine isn't on the list, so I assume the first time buyer discount can apply on them. I called them yesterday, and they told me that after placing my order at regular price, just to e-mail or call them with the order number to ask for the 30% first time order discount and it will be applied retroactively to the order. Sounds like a great company.

15. TheChefs

I've emailed Revolve and they are willing to apply the discount on my 2nd purchase. I've to agree, great company. Not to mention free international shipping over $100 orders. Now I have to decide which boots I will get Wolverine 1000 or Red Wing GT...

16. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

i prefer to buy from revolve over most other stores because of their discounts/fast shipping/easy returns

too bad they dont have more SF type clothing there

17. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

^^^ x2

Revolve has pretty decent prices when you factor in their coupons and discounts. Too bad most of their stuff runs from 'meh' to 'suck'.

18. EClayton08

EClayton08 Member

Placed my 1000 mile boots, whats the best stuff to put on them?

19. bobm

bobm Senior member

Placed my 1000 mile boots, whats the best stuff to put on them?

Posted this yesterday.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by auggie

I just ordered this product (Montana Pitch Blend) from a NYC retailer (Leffot) today and they are showing it used on the 1000 mile boots - which I have. I am hesitant to use Obenauf's on these boots as the color is so nice, I am not taking any chances on their products (good though they are), since they do change the color on some shoes/boots/leathers.

http://blog.leffot.com/category/shoe...end-shoe-care/
    I will report back on this product soon.

Bob

20. aka

aka Member

so do these fit half or a full size large? How should I size on them compared to my red wing GT size?

Just picked up a pair in rust yesterday. In my experience, I went down one full size from my true size. The boot fits just about perfect, with a bit of extra room for thicker socks and wiggling toes.