• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

ekim31

Reaction score
Hey guys, where's the best site/store to get a pair of black original 1Ks in Toronto? Checked out CM, but can't use student discounts on 3rd party products and I don't see any deals online aside from revolve, but they don't have black or the sizing for others as well.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, where's the best site/store to get a pair of black original 1Ks in Toronto? Checked out CM, but can't use student discounts on 3rd party products and I don't see any deals online aside from revolve, but they don't have black or the sizing for others as well.

You can check out Due West/Next Door, they had some.

You can probably say what size in the black you're looking for, someone maybe be able to help you out.

Carlp336

Reaction score
hey guys, wanted mention I've following this thread for some time.. recently i was able to try on the 1000mile, the Addison, and the Montgomery at a local shop. i had every intention going in to get the original but once on i wasn't sold on it. i ended up liking the Addison the most and unwilling to pay full retail i grabbed them online. i highly recommend everyone (if able) try some on first.

i measure a 13(left) and very slightly over a 12.5(right), crazy i know. i generally wear a 12 or 13 in most shoes. both addison and the original fit almost identical after trying the 11.5, 12, and 13. i went with a 12. it fit best overall, not tight across the top, and with proper heel placement and movement. they will also allow for thicker socks if needed.
also note i found the toe on the original and addison to be quite roomie, so if not used to this style boot it may feel awkward..

Reginald Bartholomew

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the Wesleys fit? I have the standard 1Ks in 8.5, I assume these will fit the same?

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a copy of the new Wolverine 1000 Mile "Austen" boots. Leather is different from regular 1000 Mile boot, instead of CXL it's a waxy "Predator" leather from Horween. Note that for some reason these run TTS, so order .5 up from your regular 1000 Mile Boot size. Haven't seen anyone talk about these or post photos yet, so here they are. Click on the thumbnails for high-res goodness:

Last edited:

Dayman

Reaction score
I almost got a pair of those myself (they were on sale about half off) but, none in my size at the time.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0mg spy shot of new Fall '12 Wolverine 1000 Mile boots... I'm liking that tasty new perf cap toe.

Last edited:

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know how the Wesleys fit? I have the standard 1Ks in 8.5, I assume these will fit the same?

That'd be my guess. I wear a 10 in Wesleys, 10.5 in chucks, 10 in Red Wing GTs, but I haven't tried the standard 1k boots. I take a 9.5 in the Addison model, though.

Last edited:

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0mg spy shot of new Fall '12 Wolverine 1000 Mile boots... I'm liking that tasty new perf cap toe.

fing02[1].gif

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a copy of the new Wolverine 1000 Mile "Austen" boots. Leather is different from regular 1000 Mile boot, instead of CXL it's a waxy "Predator" leather from Horween. Note that for some reason these run TTS, so order .5 up from your regular 1000 Mile Boot size. Haven't seen anyone talk about these or post photos yet, so here they are. Click on the thumbnails for high-res goodness:

Very nice. If I had those instead of my standard Rust 1Ks, I could do away with the constant boot pampering (LP, brushing, reno, brushing...).

replicat0r

Reaction score
I just got my 1k today! Fit like a glove.

It was a nice walk to school and back, however i noticed that the contact with the pavement has already worked on the front half of the boots and started on the stitching.. so i was wondering if I should add sole to the front half to prevent the stitching from breaking apart?

can any shoe shop do this? how much will it cost?

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any cobbler can apply a rubber topy half-sole. Costs about $30 usually.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got my 1k today! Fit like a glove.
It was a nice walk to school and back, however i noticed that the contact with the pavement has already worked on the front half of the boots and started on the stitching.. so i was wondering if I should add sole to the front half to prevent the stitching from breaking apart?
can any shoe shop do this? how much will it cost?

Do it. Just make sure they use a good half sole (pref. Vibram). I had half soles put on mine just after the stitching started to fray ever so slightly (about a month of owning them). I stride much more confidently in them now. You can always take off the half soles (sort of...). But if you mess up your real soles, it's an expensive trip to Wolverine HQ.

replicat0r

Reaction score
thanks!

i guess it wont be a problem if the top half is already dirty and worn?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads