Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. ekim31

ekim31 Active Member

Hey guys, where's the best site/store to get a pair of black original 1Ks in Toronto? Checked out CM, but can't use student discounts on 3rd party products and I don't see any deals online aside from revolve, but they don't have black or the sizing for others as well.

2. althanis

althanis Senior member

You can check out Due West/Next Door, they had some.

You can probably say what size in the black you're looking for, someone maybe be able to help you out.

3. Carlp336

Carlp336 New Member

hey guys, wanted mention I've following this thread for some time.. recently i was able to try on the 1000mile, the Addison, and the Montgomery at a local shop. i had every intention going in to get the original but once on i wasn't sold on it. i ended up liking the Addison the most and unwilling to pay full retail i grabbed them online. i highly recommend everyone (if able) try some on first.

i measure a 13(left) and very slightly over a 12.5(right), crazy i know. i generally wear a 12 or 13 in most shoes. both addison and the original fit almost identical after trying the 11.5, 12, and 13. i went with a 12. it fit best overall, not tight across the top, and with proper heel placement and movement. they will also allow for thicker socks if needed.
    also note i found the toe on the original and addison to be quite roomie, so if not used to this style boot it may feel awkward..

[​IMG]

4. Reginald Bartholomew

Reginald Bartholomew Senior member

Does anyone know how the Wesleys fit? I have the standard 1Ks in 8.5, I assume these will fit the same?

5. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

looks tits! you have some nice taste in boots

6. Dayman

Dayman Senior member

I almost got a pair of those myself (they were on sale about half off) but, none in my size at the time.

7. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

That'd be my guess. I wear a 10 in Wesleys, 10.5 in chucks, 10 in Red Wing GTs, but I haven't tried the standard 1k boots. I take a 9.5 in the Addison model, though.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012

8. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

[​IMG]

9. BostonHedonist

Very nice. If I had those instead of my standard Rust 1Ks, I could do away with the constant boot pampering (LP, brushing, reno, brushing...).

10. replicat0r

replicat0r Well-Known Member

I just got my 1k today! Fit like a glove.

It was a nice walk to school and back, however i noticed that the contact with the pavement has already worked on the front half of the boots and started on the stitching.. so i was wondering if I should add sole to the front half to prevent the stitching from breaking apart?

can any shoe shop do this? how much will it cost?

11. BostonHedonist

Do it. Just make sure they use a good half sole (pref. Vibram). I had half soles put on mine just after the stitching started to fray ever so slightly (about a month of owning them). I stride much more confidently in them now. You can always take off the half soles (sort of...). But if you mess up your real soles, it's an expensive trip to Wolverine HQ.

12. replicat0r

replicat0r Well-Known Member

thanks!

i guess it wont be a problem if the top half is already dirty and worn?