• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So you're saying I should buy a pair to see if they are worth the price or not? No thanks.

No, he's implying you don't have balls and are a girl, and you've handled (men's) balls.

It's funny because you're probably a guy, and he's making a pun based on the fact that the pair you were referring to was a pair of boots, but he twisted it to make it appear as described above.

This is a commonly used style of joke.

I'm here all week.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I planted my 1000-mile saplings last fall, hopefully they will sprout in the spring, so by then, I will have grown a pair.

Fitment is always a problem, especially at the ball of my foot. Throughout the day, my heels swell but I also get a lot of ball shrinkage. Any tips you guys can put in?

Dayman

Reaction score
I planted my 1000-mile saplings last fall, hopefully they will sprout in the spring, so by then, I will have grown a pair.
Fitment is always a problem, especially at the ball of my foot. Throughout the day, my heels swell but I also get a lot of ball shrinkage. Any tips you guys can put in?

I like where this is going.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Dude59

Reaction score
So I just picked up this pair a week ago, and one of them seems to have an awful lot of wrinkling or some such thing going on it. wondering if it is normal or if I should contact wolverine, seems odd as this picture is with less than a mile of walking with them on.

Dude59

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of the addison model a week ago and within the first mile or so of walking around in them I noticed a significant amount of wrinkling on one of them, it doesnt look like a good broken in wrinkle, it looks sketchy. just wondering if its normal or if I should contact Wolverine about it.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most people will probably just chalk that up to "added character." Have you treated them with any leather conditioners? I put a double coat of Obenauf's LP on mine and now I can brush out pretty much any minor scuffing/crinkling.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just bought a pair of the addison model a week ago and within the first mile or so of walking around in them I noticed a significant amount of wrinkling on one of them, it doesnt look like a good broken in wrinkle, it looks sketchy.  just wondering if its normal or if I should contact Wolverine about it.

Leather is not uniform in surface and can sometimes crinkle like that.
That said, your pair looks extreme for a pair of non-seconds.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think some uneven wrinkling is normal, but that looks extreme and like a bad piece of leather. I would contact Wolverine, I bet they'll help you out. I do think it can be one of those things that is tough to tell until the boots get worn...I'm sure they looked pretty normal when new.

mockalite

Reaction score
How often should you condition these boots? I bought some this summer, but some Obenauf's LP on them around September. It's been a very mild fall/winter so far up here in Boston, but I'm wondering if it's time for another coat...

Blacula

Reaction score
What is the opinion on the Addison version of the 1000 Mile? The wingtip really does something for me, but damnit the regular boot is sexy as hell too. Despite the odd wrinking Dude49's Addison is looking mighty good.

drewheifetz

Reaction score
the first picture looks a whole lot worse than the second, I'd say hit them with a decent leather conditioner then wear 'em a couple weeks and see if anything worsens/improves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads