• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

ErPupone

Reaction score
thank you both, patrick are you reffering to Obenauf Heavy Duty LP ?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife dragged me into DSW at Downtown Crossing in Boston last night and they had several different 1K Mile models priced at $199. Not sure if they were factory 2nds or 1st quality. No original model boot, I think the boot was the Darby in brown and they had three different oxfords, all the same model in different colors (blk, tan, brown). The oxfords had a wingtip-like toe cap but it wasn't brogued. Shoes were also $199.

When trying to ID the boot this morning online, I see the Darby is discounted elsewhere as well (on the fly for instance has it for $168.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Patrick, where did you get you leather laces from? (Brendan from USN)

Just sent you a PM at the USN.

thank you both, patrick are you reffering to Obenauf Heavy Duty LP ?

Yes.

Direct from Obenauf is $13.95:
https://www.obenaufs.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20&product_id=30

Amazon seller for a buck cheaper (no experience with the reseller, not amazon):
http://www.amazon.com/Obenaufs-LP-Boot-Preservative/dp/B0002X520S

If you have a cabela's nearby, they carry Obenauf as well.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My wife dragged me into DSW at Downtown Crossing in Boston last night and they had several different 1K Mile models priced at $199. Not sure if they were factory 2nds or 1st quality. No original model boot, I think the boot was the Darby in brown and they had three different oxfords, all the same model in different colors (blk, tan, brown). The oxfords had a wingtip-like toe cap but it wasn't brogued. Shoes were also $199.
When trying to ID the boot this morning online, I see the Darby is discounted elsewhere as well (on the fly for instance has it for $168.

Hm.. That can't be the same construction as the 1K, can it? On the Fly says it retails for $225.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patrick, I have to admit I copied you directly, and was able to get some strips of chromexcel leather to use as laces. This is also after using Obenafu's LP, and as you can see there's not a lot of darkening (brown shoes).

Sorry for the bad pic, all I have available right now.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hm.. That can't be the same construction as the 1K, can it? On the Fly says it retails for $225.

They were legit 1000 Mile boots & shoes. The discount stems from the fact that they are either factory 2nds or discontinued models.

iceblink

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of tan addisons and am wondering what to use to take care of them. I have read this whole thread and was thinking sno seal and obenauf's leather oil or possibly montana pitch blend dressing, but I didn't know how the tan would look afterwards. I've seen the pics of how sno seal darkens the brown and am assuming it would be even more dramatic on the tan. Does anyone have any experience with this or pictures of how the tan looks after treatment?

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you had read the whole thread, you would see that most here suggest not wearing Sno-Seal, but just using Obenauf's LP. And OLP won't darken your shoes much.

ErPupone

Reaction score
Just sent you a PM at the USN.
Yes.
Direct from Obenauf is $13.95:
https://www.obenaufs.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20&product_id=30
Amazon seller for a buck cheaper (no experience with the reseller, not amazon):
http://www.amazon.com/Obenaufs-LP-Boot-Preservative/dp/B0002X520S
If you have a cabela's nearby, they carry Obenauf as well.

Thank you. Problem is that i live in Europe and Obenauf is not sold here... someone could advise me ?
I had to paid $ 80 of customs fee when i went to pick up my 1k to poste office... i'm bit "cold" now to try again experience by purchasing Obenauf from USA

ErPupone

Reaction score
Pb is Obenauf was is not sold in Europe.
I had to paid $ 80 of customs fee when i picked up my 1k to poste office, don't want to try again in purchasing the product from US website.

Anyone got some advise ? is there any equivalent to Obenauf for Europe market ?

indigoeagle

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of tan addisons and am wondering what to use to take care of them. I have read this whole thread and was thinking sno seal and obenauf's leather oil or possibly montana pitch blend dressing, but I didn't know how the tan would look afterwards. I've seen the pics of how sno seal darkens the brown and am assuming it would be even more dramatic on the tan. Does anyone have any experience with this or pictures of how the tan looks after treatment?

I've just done that, i.e. treating my tan Addison 1,000 Miles with Obenauf LP. They did in fact get darker, from the kind of yellowish colour they had in the beginning to a mahogany/tobacco like colour, which I like, though.
I've just done it now. The colour might again be a bit different tomorrow after the LP has been soaked up properly.
By the way my tan Addison ordered via Crane's don't have any empty stitching holes. Not a big deal to me anyways, but still nice to see.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A real complaint about the Wolverine 1000 Mile Wesley:

Picked up the 2 tone Wesley for Black Friday. Wore them shopping to try and break them in some on Sunday. Holy crap, I got a blister on my left heel, but my right heel was destroyed. Like, major blister that then got popped and ripped to shreds. Yowch.

So, investigated and found a shoe nail embedded in the leather inside the right heel. The head was poking out just a bit and shredded by heel completely. I just pulled it out, don't know how I missed it to begin with.

Also: Made in China. That's a little disappointing for ~$270 boots.

Other than that, bitchin boots.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads