• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

seasquirrel

Reaction score
Just received my custom "Vintage Stone" (Horween Essex) 1k Mile boots. I wanted to try Wolverine's rugged Vibram sole, though it's a little on the chunky side.

IMG_0474.jpg IMG_0469.jpg IMG_0481.jpg

SSingh1975

Reaction score
^ I like the color. It's kinda different from the typical black/brown boots we see all the time. Reminds me of this To Boots to New York chelsea that I used to own a while ago and it had the similar color/vintage look. Too bad the sizing was off so I ebayed it for cheap.

If you want flat laced tan laces, look here. I have the same ones on my 1k right now (it's a UK seller so about 7 days in transmit).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008ML6R1K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did some minor upgrades to my 1ks. Had local cobbler add in vibram half soles (sewn in) and switched to khaki waxed flat laces. Also applied Red Wing boot oil over the weekend which has added in more richness to the color. Love it.
View attachment 909329

Man that's exactly what I wanted done to my pair, but the guy said he, 1) couldn't use that half sole for some reason 2) didn't want to sew on the half sole. I've not been back since that job. Oh, and the left half-sole was severely off centered.

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just found a pretty clean pair of original 1000 Mile boots at a thrift store. I'd like to shine them up, but the only black polish I have is kiwi black and kiwi parade black. I'm betting both are the wrong choices.

What are y'alls choices for black polish? I'm assuming they should be a kind of satin shine, not super gloss?

Last edited:

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a black pair of chromexcel black 1000 Mile, the only thing I use is a leather conditioner and brush, brush and more brush. The leather natural oils are the best polish unless you want a glossy finish: in that case, you can use your Kiwi but as the last stage of your maintenance.

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! There are a few nicks here and there I'd like to cover... I conditioned them with bric 4. Might use a bit of kiwi for touch up. They were well cared for. Leather soles look good, relatively new vibram heels, no major creases or damage to the leather. Fit is amazing.

I have a black pair of chromexcel black 1000 Mile, the only thing I use is a leather conditioner and brush, brush and more brush. The leather natural oils are the best polish unless you want a glossy finish: in that case, you can use your Kiwi but as the last stage of your maintenance.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the Adrian Cap Toe boot considered a work boot? If not, what kind of boot is it considered?

Bms259

Reaction score
I have a pair of 1000 mile boots that I absolutely love. I wear them almost every day, and have for 4 years or so (resoled once). I wear them with jeans and an oxford shirt or dockers and sport coat on occasion. But I'm finding myself needing to dress up a little more, and so I want to get a pair of chukka boots that will have some of the same qualities of the 1000 mile boots (namely craftsmanship, comfort, and style versatility), while being better suited to a bit more formal attire. I'm looking for something a little less clunky and a bit more refined without venturing into dress shoe territory. The way I see it now is that my 1000 Mile boots are great with my everyday jeans and OCBD and are passable with chinos. I need something that will work well with chinos, but still work great with denim. I'm hoping the community here can point me toward something you have found to love in a similar way to the 1000 Mile boot. Thanks!

Chawk806

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of 1000 mile boots that I absolutely love. I wear them almost every day, and have for 4 years or so (resoled once). I wear them with jeans and an oxford shirt or dockers and sport coat on occasion. But I'm finding myself needing to dress up a little more, and so I want to get a pair of chukka boots that will have some of the same qualities of the 1000 mile boots (namely craftsmanship, comfort, and style versatility), while being better suited to a bit more formal attire. I'm looking for something a little less clunky and a bit more refined without venturing into dress shoe territory. The way I see it now is that my 1000 Mile boots are great with my everyday jeans and OCBD and are passable with chinos. I need something that will work well with chinos, but still work great with denim. I'm hoping the community here can point me toward something you have found to love in a similar way to the 1000 Mile boot. Thanks!
Nice. Bet they look even better with some age. Any pics of them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads