1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Mercurio

Mercurio Member

I want to waterproof and darken one pair of my 1000 Mile boots. I already have both SnoSeal and Mink Oil: which one is better for the purpose? Should I use just one or can I use Mink Oil beforehand and apply SnoSeal as the last coat?

2. Mercurio

Mercurio Member

Are these the same color than yours originally? I wonder if they will age in a nice color, I don't know if the color is real or its due to the lighting for the photo... What is the name of this color?

As with my last question, can I get a darker tone with Sno Seal or some other boots oil?

[​IMG]

3. milw50717

milw50717 Senior Member

You can apply snoseal over the top of mink oil.

I would perhaps consider doing a test Use mink oil on one of the tongues and sno seal on the other. Leave for a few days to see the results. You can then add either further coats or snoseal over the top of the mink oil.

4. Newberry

Newberry Senior Member

Hey looks like this year's Nordstrom Exclusive Wolverine boot will be a chelsea boot in a light brown suede. Almost certain it's the Montague but in a suede that's exclusive to Nordstrom. It will be on sale for $197. Also, looks like they're keeping the Adrian Boot and that one will be on sale as well for $278....

5. Mercurio

Mercurio Member

Thank you for your early news, I will be looking forward the Adrian, Chelsea boots are not really my cup of tea...

6. Tomtom89

Tomtom89 New Member

Hi! Do You know what kind of leather are these McClean? I've read this forum and I know, that some of McClean are Chromexcel, and other are different kind. Thanks and greetings! wolverine mcclean.jpg

7. Cymrik

Cymrik Member

I got a pair of 9.5s. I'm a 9.5 in iron rangers. They feel good so far, nice and snug in the arch and along top but with lots of toe room (which I like because I get ingrown toenail otherwise) and ever so slight heel slip. I'm afraid to wear them outside because I'm not sure if a 9 would fit better. I really don't wanna order a 9 too but there's no place to try them on here. I could get the 9s with the intent to return a pair or drive an hour to try a pair on and probably not buy them...

8. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor Well-Known Member

I’ve got both 1000 Miles and IRs in a 9 and though they both started out pretty great, my IRs are now fully broken in and fit like a glove while the CXL 1Ks stretched out and now fit better with an insole. Not sure if anyone else has had similar experiences. I was actually torn between 8.5 and 9 when I first bought my 1Ks, initially bought the snug 8.5, then quickly turned around and switched them out for the 9. I now rather wish I had kept the 8.5 and the experience put me off buying CXL footwear for a while. Of course, your mileage may vary!

9. Cymrik

Cymrik Member

Thank you for the insight. I will try 9s before I wear them outside.

10. seasquirrel

seasquirrel Senior Member

Has anyone bought custom 1000 mile boots from the Wolverine website? I ordered a pair based on natural cxl last year that turned out well. I'm intrigued by some of the leather options: squash chromepak, gold cavalier, vintage stone essex. However, I can't find any photos of actual boots using these leathers. Anyone seen any of these leathers in the wild?

11. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor Well-Known Member

I've got "whiskey" Cavalier on a pair of Quoddys. It's really nice.

12. seasquirrel

seasquirrel Senior Member

Thanks SD! I also appreciate the whiskey cavalier Quoddys. Anyone seen squash, gold, or vintage stone leathers?

13. Cymrik

Cymrik Member

I tried on 9s briefly and they were... snug. The one pair was uncomfortably tight, the other pair was just tight. My toes almost hit the the front. The 9.5 is more comfortable. It still slips ever so slightly in the back. The dude at the store said go a little bigger for thicker socks too. Ahh well. I hope i decided correctly.

14. SSingh1975

SSingh1975 Senior Member

I had my RW Iron Rangers for almost 1.5 yrs but sold it due to 2 things.
    1) Could never get good fit (8.5 was too tight..size 9 was ok with thick socks but some slippage)
    2) More of a work boot especially with the bulbous nose so I wouldn't wear it as much as I wanted to (to offfice anyways).

I got the 1ks today (from the Amazon $199 x-mas sale). Absoutely LOVE it. Size 9 fits me like glove and it's not even broken yet. I changed the stock laces with these pumpkin off my other Allen Edmonds boots.

Gonna wear these for couple of weeks and then take it to my local cobbler to have vibram half soles put on.
    20180104_162426.jpg 20180104_162324.jpg