Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Mercurio

Mercurio Member

I want to waterproof and darken one pair of my 1000 Mile boots. I already have both SnoSeal and Mink Oil: which one is better for the purpose? Should I use just one or can I use Mink Oil beforehand and apply SnoSeal as the last coat?

2. Mercurio

Mercurio Member

Are these the same color than yours originally? I wonder if they will age in a nice color, I don't know if the color is real or its due to the lighting for the photo... What is the name of this color?

As with my last question, can I get a darker tone with Sno Seal or some other boots oil?

[​IMG]

3. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

You can apply snoseal over the top of mink oil.

I would perhaps consider doing a test Use mink oil on one of the tongues and sno seal on the other. Leave for a few days to see the results. You can then add either further coats or snoseal over the top of the mink oil.

4. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

Hey looks like this year's Nordstrom Exclusive Wolverine boot will be a chelsea boot in a light brown suede. Almost certain it's the Montague but in a suede that's exclusive to Nordstrom. It will be on sale for $197. Also, looks like they're keeping the Adrian Boot and that one will be on sale as well for $278....

5. Mercurio

Mercurio Member

Thank you for your early news, I will be looking forward the Adrian, Chelsea boots are not really my cup of tea...