• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll probably do that. I'm going to be using them for work, and I spend quite a lot of time on my feet every day, so I'm now considering getting very thick insoles for them, so trial and error might be best.

Is Nordstrom Rack's return policy really as simple and clean as it sounds? There's a location near me that I can take the returning pair to.

You can return rack stuff at Nordstroms as well

otacon

Reaction score

otacon

Reaction score
I ended up going with the 9s.

Though they felt a little loose, (small amount of heel slip before I really tightened them,) I could hardly get my feet into the 8.5s. The 9s will let me put insoles in like I'd been planning, though I may not need them because the soles are a very soft, coushy rubber. The leather itself is a little thinner than I'd hoped, less sturdy, but that means they're comfortable out of the box and less likely to give me blisters while breaking them in. Still thick enough to take a beating though.

Additionally, Nordstrom Rack didn't list the 9s on the invoice, so I imagine returning those would've been an annoyance.

Newberry

Reaction score
Score! Got these Wolverine 1K Duvall boots at Nordstrom Rack today as part of their Clear the Rack Sale. Paid $100 for them. I'm going to head to another Rack tomorrow and see if I can find another great deal...

Newberry

Reaction score

Score! Got these Wolverine 1K Duvall boots at Nordstrom Rack today as part of their Clear the Rack Sale. Paid $100 for them. I'm going to head to another Rack tomorrow and see if I can find another great deal...

Nevermind. I exchanged the Duvalls for these Wolverine 1K Adrian Boots. Got these for $88

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nordstrom Rack has these on sale for $160

6336673.jpg

6093065.jpg

shades9323

Reaction score
What size should I look at for these. I have some AE dress shoes 8e and 8.5e in the 65 last and some 8.5d Justin bent rail cowboy boots.

Last edited:

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What size should I look at for these. I have some AE dress shoes 8e and 8.5e in the 65 last and some 8.5d Justin bent rail cowboy boots.
^ Post # 7777, congrats.

Going from your AE size, I would guess a size 8 - possibly a 7.5, but not if you have a high instep.

Fabian43

Reaction score
Just scored these off eBay for $63 shippe, 1000 Mile Latham suede chukka. Seller says only wore once...which probably means half a dozen times. Kinda curious why the suede looks so nappy.

Good deal?

Newberry

Reaction score

Just scored these off eBay for $63 shippe, 1000 Mile Latham suede chukka. Seller says only wore once...which probably means half a dozen times. Kinda curious why the suede looks so nappy.

Good deal?

I've always liked that model. I just wish they made a brown cxl version of it. I'd say its a good deal for $63 if it's in great condition

shades9323

Reaction score
So I received a pair of these boots today in size 8. Is a little heel slip normal? Will it go away with break in? Slips with every step and bunches up my sock. It is this boot too big? Toe box seems like a snug fit already.

Fabian43

Reaction score

I've always liked that model. I just wish they made a brown cxl version of it. I'd say its a good deal for $63 if it's in great condition

Just received them today. They are a tad big so it's a catch and release. If anyone is interested I'll sell for what I bought plus cost of shipping to you...so approx $75

milw50717

Reaction score

So I received a pair of these boots today in size 8. Is a little heel slip normal? Will it go away with break in? Slips with every step and bunches up my sock. It is this boot too big? Toe box seems like a snug fit already.

Some heel slip is normal. It may go away or reduce with wear. Bunching up the sock sounds not so good, try a tighter or thicker sock or adding an insole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads