1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

Very nice. If I had those instead of my standard Rust 1Ks, I could do away with the constant boot pampering (LP, brushing, reno, brushing...).

2. replicat0r

replicat0r Well-Known Member

I just got my 1k today! Fit like a glove.

It was a nice walk to school and back, however i noticed that the contact with the pavement has already worked on the front half of the boots and started on the stitching.. so i was wondering if I should add sole to the front half to prevent the stitching from breaking apart?

can any shoe shop do this? how much will it cost?

3. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Any cobbler can apply a rubber topy half-sole. Costs about $30 usually.

4. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

Do it. Just make sure they use a good half sole (pref. Vibram). I had half soles put on mine just after the stitching started to fray ever so slightly (about a month of owning them). I stride much more confidently in them now. You can always take off the half soles (sort of...). But if you mess up your real soles, it's an expensive trip to Wolverine HQ.

5. replicat0r

replicat0r Well-Known Member

thanks!

i guess it wont be a problem if the top half is already dirty and worn?

6. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

nope, it'll be fine. I wore mine for a few weeks before taking them in to get a topy applied. any shoe shop can do it, but if you're having trouble finding one in your area, call a store that sells nice shoes and they should be able to recommend a place.

7. ohyouz

ohyouz New Member

are there any other websites that sell the original 1k mile in brown for around the same price as revolveclothing? (~240$)

they are on preorder until march, im not sure if i can wait that long, but i would also prefer to save 100$ :eek:

8. boibleu22

boibleu22 Well-Known Member

Where are you getting that revolve has them for ~240? I doubt you'll be able to find them under 300.

9. stevent

stevent Senior member

If it's your first purchase, you email them for a 30% new customer discount

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

Also if anybody is looking for the two-tone Addison boots for 50% off retail let me know and I'll pick up a pair for you tomorrow if your size is available.

11. Carlp336

Carlp336 New Member

my 2 weeks old addisons in tan (did a 2 coat pitch blend before wearing)

[​IMG]

12. ohyouz

ohyouz New Member

also could anyone tell me the insole size in cm/inches for the original 1k miles in sizes 8 and 8 1/2? i found out that size 9s are 11 1/2 inches, which is about 1 1/2 inches too big.

not sure whether i should get 8 or 8 1/2 now :/

13. mike134

mike134 Well-Known Member

unionmade had the rockfords for $220 a couple weeks ago, I bought a pair online a few minutes after they went on sale, and the company screwed me over. They refused to send me my boots... They kept saying they would "probably be sent out tomorrow", then they emailed me saying they don't have them anymore...

14. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Give Unionmade a break. They're a small outfit and usually do a damn fine job.

15. stevent

stevent Senior member

In store they've always been good. But taking over a week to ship and not having stock of most of the order you placed is not really acceptable given the size of your stores. They aren't that small of an outfit with 3 stores.

16. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

The service seems a bit spotty there. I've had sales guys who were very helpful and friendly but once I was in there and they guy had something up his butt or something because he acted like a total jerkhole. He actually shocked some of the other patrons in the store with how rude he was being.

17. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

wow these are tits. Makes me want a pair. Going with a brown though :happy:

18. mike134

mike134 Well-Known Member

Quote: Give Unionmade a break. They're a small outfit and usually do a damn fine job.

Why would I give Unionmade a break? There are plenty of places to shop. I love their selection of Aldens and a lot of the other clothes they stock, but there is no way in hell I'll ever try to purchase anything from them again.

19. 89andy

89andy Senior member

anyone wear these with slimmer jeans like APC PS?

20. darkness2505

darkness2505 Active Member

So before I wear my 1000 miles out, is it recommended to add a topy or a half vibram sole over the stock leather sole?

Thanks