Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Well it just so happened that a pair of 1000 mile boots in my size ended up in the store. So now they are on my feet. The pair I now own is brown and they are very comfortable straight out of the box. Now I say this with some reservation because I'm used to very heavy work/hiking boots that take weeks to break in. If you're used to gym or dress shoes then wear them for a few hours a day for a week or so. Your feet will appreciate it.

OK so I'm about a week into wearing these boots and where I live it's muck season. I'm not worried about the uppers. Horween Chomexcel is about as good as it gets when you're talking boot leather. Now the leather soles on the other hand is something I was a bit worried about. Not anymore. I've worn them in mud, sloshed through standing puddles and have walked through a few wet pastures. I also hiked/fished one of my favorite Crappie lakes all day last week to "test" these boots out. Yeah it's muck season for sure. The soles survived just fine and for that matter I didn't get wet feet either. One thing I won't do is stand in 2 inches of water for any length of time with these but that's just a common sense kind of thing.

I don't see any particular reason to baby these boots and I'm certainly not going to. I'll run them through my usual boot care routine but other than that I am planning on wearing them in any condition the day throws my way. 1000 miles says Wolverine. We shall see about that.

I'll update this thread with more test results and pics from time to time.

2. RAM1988

RAM1988 Well-Known Member

yep many thanks to those mentioning the first time revolve discount. bought a pair of wrath arcane denim (my buddy's line) the other day and had no idea about the discount.. prolly smarter to use the discount on a bigger ticket item, but oh well.

3. citamlli

citamlli Member

I want a pair soon to replace my gentlemans travellers

4. ispace

ispace Senior member

I don't see any particular reason to baby these boots and I'm certainly not going to. I'll run them through my usual boot care routine but other than that I am planning on wearing them in any condition the day throws my way. 1000 miles says Wolverine. We shall see about that.

I'll update this thread with more test results and pics from time to time.

Looking forward to your updates.

B.

5. marineabilly

marineabilly Member

Did you all see this insanity?

Sold on 17 March for only $185.50 and they aren't supposed to come out until the Fall. They were a size - my size!!! Insane!!

[​IMG]

Vintage Engineer Boots

6. Motorsport226

Motorsport226 Senior member

Did you all see this insanity? Sold on 17 March for only $185.50 and they aren't supposed to come out until the Fall. They were a size - my size!!! Insane!! [​IMG] Vintage Engineer Boots
    Those are gorgeous! Are those a special edition of the 1000 mile? -226

7. Motorsport226

Does anyone own the brown boot? If so, does it have as much of a cherry hint to it as it does on the Wolverine site?

Thanks!

8. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

Does anyone own the brown boot? If so, does it have as much of a cherry hint to it as it does on the Wolverine site?

Thanks!

The pics on Revolve's site are really accurate:

http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...=Wolverine&d=b

9. Motorsport226

10. ispace

ispace Senior member

Thanks!

No, it has no cherry at all (so to speak).

B.

11. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Sold on 17 March for only $185.50 and they aren't supposed to come out until the Fall. They were a size - my size!!! Insane!!

[​IMG]

Vintage Engineer Boots

How? Bigger pics please

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

How?

Bigger pics please

They look like this boot

http://blog.leffot.com/wp-content/up...-fall-2010.jpg

It's the addison, comes out before fall, I have em reserved at leffot, but i want to know how he got them for $185

13. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

If they are the Wolverine Addison it's possible they are a reps sample. I saw the original 1000 mile boot months before the official release date.

14. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

If they are the Wolverine Addison it's possible they are a reps sample. I saw the original 1000 mile boot months before the official release date.
    Yeah my money is on this. The color looks darker and redder/rustier than the tan shown in that promo photo that's been making the rounds. Can't say I'm into the wing design, though. Will probably pass on these, although it's so hard to pass on anything so close that's also made of Chromexcel.

15. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

[​IMG]

Vintage Engineer Boots

Those look great. Only $185?!?