• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

norcal_indy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by twocoloreyes
ok, but what of the creases on the left one? my right one is pretty much smooth, so are all the other pairs ive seen.
I've had multiple pairs of 1000 Mile boots and each pair wore a bit differently. My right foot usually creased a bit more...

ADDIC

Reaction score
which size should i go with?

clarks db: 8.5
red wing 8130: 9.5
converse: 9.5

norcal_indy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ADDIC
which size should i go with? clarks db: 8.5 red wing 8130: 9.5 converse: 9.5
Interesting... I wear the same size in Chucks and Clarks DB (11D), which is the same as my size in 1000 Miles (11D). Not sure what to tell you if your DBs and Converse are a size different...

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm also confused by this person's sizing. For me, Clarks DB and Red Wings size identically.

ADDIC

Reaction score
im confused myself.

ive looked through this forum and sufu and found that the sizing from the shoes/boots that i have are way different than others.

guess i'll just have to find a place and try them on in person.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ADDIC
which size should i go with?

clarks db: 8.5
red wing 8130: 9.5
converse: 9.5

Originally Posted by norcal_indy
Interesting... I wear the same size in Chucks and Clarks DB (11D), which is the same as my size in 1000 Miles (11D).

Not sure what to tell you if your DBs and Converse are a size different...

I'm an 11 in most dress shoes, sneakers and brannock. Clarks DB's I size down a full size to 10. I took the generally advised route for Wolverine 1K's and sized a half size down to 10.5D for a perfect fit.

judgecrandall

Reaction score
For what it's worth, my DB and 1000 mile sizing aren't the same. 9.5 in 1000 Miles, 10 in DBs (with both still a bit tight in width). This is because of my wide feet (I wear a 9EEE in Allen Edmonds), so that might have something to do with the differences in sizing between people.

ADDIC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrick_b
I'm an 11 in most dress shoes, sneakers and brannock. Clarks DB's I size down a full size to 10. I took the generally advised route for Wolverine 1K's and sized a half size down to 10.5D for a perfect fit.

thats what i was thinking. but i noticed some people were the same in clarks and red wings. no way i can fit into a RW 8.5.

phxsuns13

Reaction score
I'm a 9.5 E in dress shoes, 9.5 in Clarks DB, 9 in Converse, and 9.5 in the 1K boots.

I think that it'd be helpful if you guys listed your widths in dress shoes.

drmrhiggins

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my 1000 Mile boots with a Vibram Gumlite lug sole.

39N4n.jpg

wdXYI.jpg

6TAHd.jpg

1vk8R.jpg

jfVTn.jpg

MSAINT

Reaction score
drmrhiggins, amazing combo, stunning rugged option, just perfect. Thanks for the nice pics!

drmrhiggins

Reaction score
It cost about $60, plus taxes. I dropped them off last Monday afternoon and picked them up on Thursday. I think the new soles will be much more functional during the long (Canadian) winter, and certainly throughout the remainder of what feels like the wettest springtime in years.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look fantastic. Good job and give your cobbler a high five.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads