• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My boots today after rain and run on muddy grass and some horse hair brushing this morning.

Lookin' good with that toe shine bruh!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look awesome, wish there was a DOTD for the cordovans!

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I can certainly do an everyday deal. It won't be as good as the DOTD but it'll still be a pretty good deal.

nevereast

Reaction score
Is there a consensus on meltonian colored creams? I just bought the Brick color.

Does it stain the threads?

newbie91

Reaction score
I just received a reply from Wolverine but I am no longer in the States. They said to send the shoes back for inspection but I feel it wouldn't make economical sense for me to send them halfway round the globe for this. It will probably end up as my ****-kicking boots in any case. However, I am still curious about the bumps and how to get rid of it.

Let me know how yours turn out.

Hey there striker (and to anybody else who might be interested)

I contacted wolverine, and they too, requested that i send the shoes back for inspection. It's a definitely "no-go" for me because I stay in Asia and so I requested them to forward to horween. They have yet to reply though. I'll give them a few days more before i go andy dufresne on them.

I bought my boots to a local cobbler and he said that for my case, it was because i applied too much leather creme. He heated up a spoon and he became to melt the bumps off! So a suggestion he gave was to thoroughly clean the layers off and apply a new single coating.

cj10

Reaction score
after applying the leather conditioner on the boots and leaving it for about 20 mins, the oil on the boots "disappeared" with some spot of oil on em which i quickly buff the boots to spread em...is it suppose to be like that?

cj10

Reaction score
Hey there striker (and to anybody else who might be interested)

I contacted wolverine, and they too, requested that i send the shoes back for inspection. It's a definitely "no-go" for me because I stay in Asia and so I requested them to forward to horween. They have yet to reply though. I'll give them a few days more before i go andy dufresne on them.

I bought my boots to a local cobbler and he said that for my case, it was because i applied too much leather creme. He heated up a spoon and he became to melt the bumps off! So a suggestion he gave was to thoroughly clean the layers off and apply a new single coating.
whats the problem?
i have recieve my boots(black courtland) recently after getting them for amazon. the boots tracking package was last sent to brazil(if im not wrong) in 2011 which means it is a "old" boots. After it arrived, it has alot of scratches on em. the "tongue" too has the marking caused by the eyelet staining the tongue brown.
i have oil the boots with leather conditioner but the scratches is still there is there anyway to remove em?

Mr M

Reaction score
whats the problem?
i have recieve my boots(black courtland) recently after getting them for amazon. the boots tracking package was last sent to brazil(if im not wrong) in 2011 which means it is a "old" boots. After it arrived, it has alot of scratches on em. the "tongue" too has the marking caused by the eyelet staining the tongue brown.
i have oil the boots with leather conditioner but the scratches is still there is there anyway to remove em?
Apply same colour wax to cover those scratches. That's what I do on my Cordovan 8.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flash Deal

It's not quite as good as the DOTD but those won't happen all that often. Now flash deals? Yeah I can do those much more often.

This deal is limited to the first five buyers and then it's done.

FLASH5 is the magic word.

http://cranesboots.com/store/products/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads