1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

No experience with the aforementioned products, but if you wish to change the colour of your boots and add a shine a little, then a decent polish is the obvious way to go. The trick is to choose a colour that when applied to your boots will result in a colour that is acceptable.

Choose a good brand of polish without harsh ingredients and use it religiously once a week for a month or two without conditioning to see how the colour and shine develops. Hopefully, you will get results that meet your expectations and at which point you can probably use any conditioner you like and then follow up with your usual polish and buff.

CXL is a soft leather so bear that in mind regarding expectations about the level of shine that can be reasonably expected.

2. Bms259

Bms259 Member

@milw50717

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I'm not committed to actively changing the color, least not yet. And I don't need an intense high shine, I just can't seem to get some of the shine I've seen others get in photos.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  3. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

There really is no secret to a shine - wax + elbow grease. Maybe use a neutral wax until you know what you want to do with the colour.

4. cj10

cj10 Active Member

does anyone know the life-span of the sole as the sole is rather thin and do anyone here have pics of their resoled wolv

5. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

The life span of the sole is how long it lasts on a given boot before needing replacement. This will be dependent upon any number of factors - amount of use, environment, surfaces walked on, gait of the wearer, phase of the moon and the prevailing wind direction. Replace the sole when it is very thin or has already cracked or has holes. Consider heel replacement at same time. Consider applying Topys if you are concerned about rate of wear and cost.

1 person likes this.
  6. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Same can be said for most leather soled shoes and boots. Some people seem to chew through soles quicker than others. I like to think of it as the difference between people who can walk in flop-flops/thongs by lifting them vs those who just drag them along the ground :)

Anyone put a double leather sole on their 1Ks ?

7. 7strung

7strung Member

i've been hunting for a pair without the veiny leather... it's been tough to say the least, i've looked through four pairs. sucks. Any boot recommendations that are similar to the 1k's in shape? red wings are too bulbous and the 1ks are just right. i've seen the white's semidress, not really a fan.

8. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

...... arf ...

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  9. taylorswift

taylorswift Active Member

I am wonder how do folks match your pants with your pair of wolverine 1000 mile boot
    the boot is fantastic but not easy to match with pants
    i have some levi's straight, slim fit, skinny fit jeans. None of them is good with workboots
    Rather, i have a pair of slim fit brooks brothers chino which is a wise choice for wolverine 1000 mile boots
    Other ideas?

10. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

It depends what color you have, but the opportunities are endless. I have a younger style but you can wear them with anything from jeans, to chino's, even louder patterns like camo.

If I wear jeans, its your basic straight fit jean, cuffed at the bottom.

11. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

1000 Mile Boot Special.

Call in or on the web.

Every available color and style is up for grabs. If you don't see it on the site call the store. 573-254-3311

The magic word is;

WALLCLOUD20

http://cranesboots.com/store/products/

In honer of capturing my first well formed wallcloud of the 2014 storm season.

12. cj10

cj10 Active Member

Do you guys ship to singapore? Do you have the rockford boots

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  13. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Yes we ship to Singapore. What size Rockford are you looking for? I can check Wolverines inventory for you.

14. cj10

cj10 Active Member

size us 7

15. cj10

cj10 Active Member

Do anyone know the difference between obenauf lp and obenauf leather oil? or are they the same thing

16. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

It looks like the black version is being discontinued. No stock available. Currently size 7 in the brown version is out of stock. The replenishment date is June 24. If you can wait for them I'll cut you the same deal that I'm currently running when they become available again.

17. cj10

cj10 Active Member

okay thanks!

18. taylorswift

taylorswift Active Member

the colour of my boot is Cordovan No, 8
    Do you have some images that can show me?

19. cj10

cj10 Active Member

20. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

You can probably get a light shine like this on a black boot with just a simple hit with a brush.

Now if you want real shiny, break out the wax, the lighter, the cottonballs and the hairdryer........