• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Iipe

Reaction score
Does anyone use Chelsea Leather Food (CLF) on their Wolverines? It's good for waterproofing pretty much any leather, but I'm just wondering if there is a reason to prefer Obenauf's LP or Sno-Seal over it?

michaeljohnr

Reaction score

Does anyone use Chelsea Leather Food (CLF) on their Wolverines? It's good for waterproofing pretty much any leather, but I'm just wondering if there is a reason to prefer Obenauf's LP or Sno-Seal over it?

I've used CLF on my kangaroo leather soccer boots for years and it works very well. No experience using it on W1000's though.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what if i wear them for a few months first to break in the boots.....or is it something that even breaking in doesnt help?

If the boots are too small there isn't a thing you're going to do to fix it short of buying the right size. A bit too big is something that can be fixed with insoles, thicker socks and lacing techniques. IF you are going to make a mistake in sizing you are far better off erring on the big side. Many people are realizing that sizing down has been a huge mistake.

mg2380

Reaction score
heavy duty lp? not obenaulf leather oil? (i will be wearing em in cities)
do the heavy duty lp shine the boots? if not can i add a layer of boot cream over the heavy duty lp?
Even though you'll be wearing them in the city, I'd still go with something heavy duty to protect them (after you condition them). You can encounter a lot of cr@p in the city. Rain, puddles, snow/slush, ice salt, a spilled beer ;-), etc...

And yes, adding an extra layer of cream should give your boots some shine.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/163864/wolverine-1000-mile-boot-review/4155

http://www.styleforum.net/t/163864/wolverine-1000-mile-boot-review/4290

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Crane's: did I miss the link to the DOTD?:embar:

Nope. I'm waiting for an authorization code for a real time processor. Then I'll do a deal.

Mazzasan

Reaction score
To topy or not to topy? How do most people feel about this I wonder? I recently purchased my first pair and have worn them pretty much every day for the past few wks. I initially thought i wouldn't bother but i'm having second thoughts especially given the recent discussion on this board. Appreciate your feedback.

cj10

Reaction score

If the boots are too small there isn't a thing you're going to do to fix it short of buying the right size. A bit too big is something that can be fixed with insoles, thicker socks and lacing techniques. IF you are going to make a mistake in sizing you are far better off erring on the big side. Many people are realizing that sizing down has been a huge mistake.

Im talking about adding half soles...because it was mentioned that it will make walkin harder as the leather is alread hard and that d half sole may even retrain the bending of the toe part when walkin so do i add the half sole when it is new(to protect d leather sole and make it last longer) or add them after the toe part of the leather is broken in(softer) den add the half sole...

fitchottie

Reaction score

Im talking about adding half soles...because it was mentioned that it will make walkin harder as the leather is alread hard and that d half sole may even retrain the bending of the toe part when walkin so do i add the half sole when it is new(to protect d leather sole and make it last longer) or add them after the toe part of the leather is broken in(softer) den add the half sole...

I would do it after having those shoes for a couple months, so they have broken in. Half soles are great, I have had my wolverines for four years and they are still going strong.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come on USPS. How hard can it be to move me off the test servers to the damn production servers? Gahhh, I should just get a universal code the next time I setup a shipping RTP.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0mg! New Bison leather 1000 Mile boots coming in 2014:

Willin

Reaction score

To topy or not to topy? How do most people feel about this I wonder? I recently purchased my first pair and have worn them pretty much every day for the past few wks. I initially thought i wouldn't bother but i'm having second thoughts especially given the recent discussion on this board. Appreciate your feedback. 

I topy'ed and it was definitely worth it. That thin piece of rubber adds transaction when the streets are slushy if you live in a suburban area. It also increases the amount of time you can walk around before water seeps in and soaks your feet.

kasperoff

Reaction score
Come on USPS. How hard can it be to move me off the test servers to the damn production servers? Gahhh, I should just get a universal code the next time I setup a shipping RTP.
Hi there Mr Crane,

Do you actually stock the 1000 Miles? I had a quick look on your website, but could not see them.

roflzlmao

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm about to get my Wolverine 1k Mile Boots in Cordovan No.8 tomorrow. Really excited. I have some Saphir renovateur as well; should I lightly condition my boots before wearing them? Also, I live in NYC, is it worth it to waterproof my boots with Obenauf's LP using Crane's method? Thank you.

kasperoff

Reaction score
Hi there Mr Crane,

Do you actually stock the 1000 Miles? I had a quick look on your website, but could not see them.
OK, guess I answered my own question! I see the link in your sig, but I'm looking for the Original Boot. Is the "Cranes Boots" website also one of yours? Having a very hard time finding stock in the UK anywhere. Let alone somewhere to try them on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads