• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

mg2380

Reaction score
Anyone know of a place I could purchase some Obenauf's or Snoseal in Europe, preferably Germany or, better yet, in store in Berlin [or a place that will ship to Germany from the US and still manage to keep the cost of a tub under $30 usd]? I'm a displaced American and I'd like to hit my 1K's with some really good rain/salt/snow protection before the winter picks up. I've found some places in the UK, but at 18 quid for an 8oz tub + ~20 quid shipping that is a bit rich for my blood.

Or alternatively, is there a good Euro replacement for proper treating/conditioning/waterproofing of CXL? I was thinking maybe Saphir dubbin (since Saphir stuff is pretty ubiquitous at local Berliner Cobblers): http://www.avel.com/products,1,41 [specifically the Dubbin HP, Sport HP or Ouraline?], or would any of my fellow Euro SF'er be able to point me in the right direction?

Vielen dank!
Have you tried Amazon's German site http://www.amazon.de/?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my first pair of 1000 Miles from the Haberdash sale. May or may not treat them with LP, I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Eagle County that I used the Crane method on for my winter beater boot. These are going to be more for a fall/ spring type of boot.

Is using Saphir Reno ok on Chromexcel? I was thinking of using that and brushing for my regular maintenance routine. Any suggestions are welcome, currently making my way through the thread so will probably find some answers along the way. I apologize if it has been asked 100 times.

Edit: Haberdash oversold before getting a chance to update the site, they just emailed cancelling my order. They still have the No. 8 in my size but I think I would prefer the Brown. Guess I won't have a pair just yet.

Last edited:

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just ordered my first pair of 1000 Miles from the Haberdash sale. May or may not treat them with LP, I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Eagle County that I used the Crane method on for my winter beater boot. These are going to be more for a fall/ spring type of boot. 

Is using Saphir Reno ok on Chromexcel? I was thinking of using that and brushing for my regular maintenance routine. Any suggestions are welcome, currently making my way through the thread so will probably find some answers along the way. I apologize if it has been asked 100 times.

Edit: Haberdash oversold before getting a chance to update the site, they just emailed cancelling my order. They still have the No. 8 in my size but I think I would prefer the Brown. Guess I won't have a pair just yet.

All is not lost. Give us a call.

Mr M

Reaction score
Spit shined my boots.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks I will give a call tomorrow, I just tried and realized the store was closed already for the day. Do you guys ship to Canada?

Yep and just about everywhere else too.

mixProtocol

Reaction score
The brown on Nordstrom's site looks more accurate to me. The brown on the Wolverine seems to overstate the red/mahogany tones.

glum

Reaction score
just got pair of 1000k miles sent by Cranes to Toronto. Cranes had great service and fast delivery. anyone know where to find some Obenaufs or snoseal here in Toronto? if not what do you think is best readily available product to treat these?

zinc2162

Reaction score
just got pair of 1000k miles sent by Cranes to Toronto. Cranes had great service and fast delivery. anyone know where to find some Obenaufs or snoseal here in Toronto? if not what do you think is best readily available product to treat these?

Did you get charge tax/duties?

I don't think there are any places that sell Obenaufs in Toronto. There is a Moneysworth & Best near Yonge and Bloor that sells Snoseal.

space4lyfe

Reaction score
I ordered obenauff's straight from their website as I couldn't find any stores that sell it in Toronto.

michaeljohnr

Reaction score
The strangest thing happened this evening when I tried on my just opened 1000 Miles.

(Please let's not go into where they were purchased because this has nothing to do with the retailer)

When I had them on, my right foot felt very weird compared to the left. I could not figure out what was going on.

Both boots fit properly, but something was definitely strange.

I removed the boots and look what I found. The right sole is noticeably thicker than the left - maybe 25%?

Enough so that when standing, you could feel the difference. You can even see the difference in the height of the sides.

The boots are being exchanged no problem, but I have never seen this with a shoe or boot before.

Weird, and a bit disappointing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads