1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. loug

loug Well-Known Member

those boats are too small for you.

2. anrobit

anrobit Senior member

Looks like they were a little narrow, but not too short. Possibly even a hair long

3. Pecan89

Pecan89 Well-Known Member

Yea they're def a little long. But I think going down to a 12 would be worse. I've always been unsure about the width and tell myself I need to go somewhere I can try on the wider boot. But I bought these on a whim and didn't have time to try the wider

4. loug

loug Well-Known Member

if those are D's you need at least a EE.

5. Pecan89

What makes you say they're small tho? The left shoe fits a little narrower but that's just my foot shape? Also that's with an insole that'slike 1/2 thick which was really sshoving my foot into the top.Man I guess I need to stop lying to myself. Maybe I can trade them in.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  6. anrobit

anrobit Senior member

I really suggest getting Brannock measured if you have not already. It's an excellent baseline to work from

7. krisisme

krisisme New Member

I received my Addison's in the mail today from Nordstrom. Let me know what ya'll think! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. loug

loug Well-Known Member

those insoles are thick. try the thinnest you can find. have some that are about 1/8" in my 1K's. the top of the shoes where the shoe laces are should not be that wide apart. maybe an inch at the most. no less than 5/8th of an inch. but i'm not an expert by any means. 1/2" insoles? wow.

9. Pecan89

Yea without the insoles and laced up as tight as before without the in sole the laces are about 3/4in or a little more apart at the widest part.

This pair does fit a little longer than my originals dunno why. They both feel a little narrow at my left pinky toe. But fit fine on the right foot so I've just chalked that up as my feet being different and my gait

10. StarterStyle

StarterStyle Senior member

Those addisons have a whooooole lot of stretchmarks. Blame factory farming, steroids, antibiotics, and grain-feeding.

11. anrobit

anrobit Senior member

Leather in general isn't what it used to be, that's for sure. Another thing to blame is that the leather industry is now a byproduct of the meat industry

12. loug

loug Well-Known Member

read somewhere that freezer bags can be filled with water, inserted into the boots and put into the freezer letting the water freeze, in turn stretching the boot. haven't tried this yet but seems like it'd work.

13. anrobit

anrobit Senior member

Buy boots that fit in the first place, don't stretch to fit. You will never have as good a fit as you should

14. Pecan89

That's loco bro

If wolverine made a 12.5 1k I'd buy it

2 people like this.
  15. Exdeath

Exdeath Senior member

Just got an e-mail in my inbox doods, not really interested but thought I'd pass it on. ruzeshoes.com has black Austens and Addisons on sale for like $160-190 right now.

16. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Do you happen to have a side view of the raptor sole on the 1ks? The tread looks a lot more useful than the one on the vibram 2337 stresa's which is only a mm thinner, but I want something that isn't too noticeable. Also, I've read on here that to install the half sole the cobbler has to shave off a bit of the sole, or do they just lightly sand it?
    So that's what that is, stretch marks? Any problems with them other than not looking so good? Is it so common nowadays that it's considered normal?

17. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

2 people like this.
  18. Iipe

Iipe Well-Known Member

To me they don't look that bad. All the marks appear to be vertical on the shafts. Someone might even have given some thought to it when putting them together.

19. loug

loug Well-Known Member

too late for this in this case.

20. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Those aren't stretch marks. The lines perfectly match across multiple pieces of leather. If I were to guess those are burnishing/buffing marks caused by the edge of the wheel. That's something that will take care of itself over time. About the only thing i see on those boots that would concern me is the toe. We make it a point to look over each pair of boots we ship out. We wouldn't ship those out because of the toe.

Lose the 1/2 inch insoles. Try some Wolverine Durashox insoles. They have a good amount of gel cushioning in the heel and just a bit of cushioning in the forefoot section. About a 1/4 inch thick in the heel and an eighth in the front section.