1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. anrobit

anrobit Senior member

On the contrary my friend, this thread is awesome.

2 people like this.
  2. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

All evidence points to you being a perverted moron. Please show me studies that prove otherwise.

5 people like this.
  3. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

Well, at least part of your claim seems to be true. Seriously, what kind of person thinks it's a good idea to suggest using a hair dryer on boots?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  4. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Crazy Karl Crane's knows very little about actual boot care. He hasn't proven any of his claims with scientific study. It's all absurd heresay.

Trust the guys over at Viberg any day over this fool. Crane's tries to sell shoddy products with veiny creases at full value. Total scam artist. Surprised how many times he's gotten away with his lies.

1 person likes this.
  5. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Lol, I put mine in the oven per SnoSeal's instructions.

2 people like this.
  6. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

For applying sno seal ?

Well, the manufacturer of sno seal for one - http://www.atsko.com/articles/footwearcare/article-snosealinstructions

The personal attacks and name calling should stop.

7. SiegfriedFuerst

SiegfriedFuerst Well-Known Member

As you're probably aware, beeswax is a primary component of both obenaufs LP and sno-seal, both of which seem to be used rather liberally by people in this thread, it has a melting temperature of 144-177 F or 62-64 C. Of course, this doesn't affect it's usefullness at low temperatures because below it's melting point it's obviously not becoming rigid solid, just reverting to being a soft wax. As a matter of fact, I've worn my shoes down to -20F, -29C (inadvisable for other reasons) but it's pretty stupid to posit that there would be a performance issue at low temps. Especially considering that the melting temperature for obenaufs and sno-seal as compounds is higher.

1 person likes this.
  8. anrobit

anrobit Senior member

Snoseal is a different matter anyway. It's a product composed entirely of beeswax and mineral spirits, and will dry your boots out.

9. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Hear, hear!

I put mine next to the prime roast after the broil cycle. :)

If I get a pair of 8" boots, I will have to get a bigger oven or use a pizza oven.

10. misterjuiceman

Sno-Seal and other waxed-based protectants have no business being used on CXL or shell. The ill-effects of Sno-Seal aside, it's not a good idea to use a hair-dryer (especially on high, as he recommended) on boots.

11. anrobit

anrobit Senior member

I agree. I'm rather tired of being called an industrial saboteur and moron without any sort of explanation.

I wouldn't even mind it if I was told whom I supposedly represent.

12. themonster

themonster Well-Known Member

I sno-seal'd my beater boots. Terrible idea if you plan on really swampy feet in the summer. [​IMG]

13. misterjuiceman

I did some really awful things with Obenauf's LP before I knew any better. Some saddle soap would do the trick, but be sure to condition it afterward.

1 person likes this.
  14. themonster

themonster Well-Known Member

Nah, I don't mind it when it's in the negative temperature now. Plus I don't mind the "Crane patina" when dirt sticks to it. [​IMG]

15. backtoreality15

backtoreality15 Member

Hello doods. Just adding to the picture collection here. Browns with light two-tone laces. Works well, imo.

[​IMG]

Also, do you think that wrinkling on the right boot is normal? Should it be cause for concern?

Just kidding, it's perfect. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

Serious question: are you the owner of Crane's? I know you use their name on here and potentially represent them, but are you an owner? I've heard conflicting reports, so I'm just curious.

17. striker

striker Senior member

Maybe as alleged, I am illiterate or can't fucking read but I don't know if any explanations to someone whose mind is closed to other opinions or suggestions would actually serve any real purpose other than a verbal target to latch onto for further debate or argument.

One thing I realized with boot care and many other aspects of life is that there are so many ways to skin a cat.

18. loug

loug Well-Known Member

What amazes me is all the people who have all this time to play with their boots. Maybe its just my lack of respect for my boots.

19. Iipe

Iipe Well-Known Member

Do you use them for walking? That's just disrespectful!

20. lefty

lefty Senior member

I have no knowledge about coconut oil other than it seems one of those products that people look at as a panacea to all of life's maladies. And I'm sure GlenKaren makes a fine product, but one of the best shoe care products on the market? Based on what?

Is it because you can also spread it on toast?

lefty