• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

zrnk

Reaction score
Trying to decide between my first pair of these, I can't decide if I want standard brown, rust or cordovan. Somebody want to sway me in any direction?

zrnk

Reaction score
I am a fan of the rust. It's also a little different shade of brown than the leather jacket I'm planning on getting relatively soonish (also brown), which is good because I don't want them to look too samey when worn together.

Mr M

Reaction score
As close as you can get to superman boot without looking like a circus performer. Cordovan 8.

ronnythebest

Reaction score

What are you doing to them to cause this?

I am not sure what happened to these boots, but I had a brand new 1st pair that was almost like that from the box - thats it, showing brown raw leather when its supposed to be black. They were sent back right away.

ErPupone

Reaction score
Hello,

I've decided to sell my boots since they are slightly too big and I can't get used to it. They went through 2 winters in the Czech Republic (tough ones), and are still in very good condition/shape.

Only the sole is to be replaced. Being in the CZ I would preferably sell them to someone living within the UE.

Please let me know or send me a private message if you are interested. Size is a 9,5.

ErPupone

Reaction score
ow, sorry ! i've found the right one, thank you

Last edited:

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As close as you can get to superman boot without looking like a circus performer. Cordovan 8.

That is about the most red I have ever seen them! Every other pic is usually a dark wine purplish brown color.

Mr M

Reaction score
Added thin rubber sole for extra protection for the leather sole.

g0d5hand

Reaction score
Anyone have any good advice for cleaning and general maintenance of brown 1k's? Cleaned my boots the other day and then applied a coat of Red Wing Shoe Cream (Neutral) and wiped off the excess and buffed with a horse hair brush. Walking around today, the first wear since the cleaning and where the boot creases there is a pastie white film. Did I just not buff the shoe enough after cleaning our is this not a good product for conditioning these boots? Live in Canada and haven't found a retailer for Venetian shoe cream yet, but want to condition my boots.

mg2380

Reaction score
Anyone have any good advice for cleaning and general maintenance of brown 1k's? Cleaned my boots the other day and then applied a coat of Red Wing Shoe Cream (Neutral) and wiped off the excess and buffed with a horse hair brush. Walking around today, the first wear since the cleaning and where the boot creases there is a pastie white film. Did I just not buff the shoe enough after cleaning our is this not a good product for conditioning these boots? Live in Canada and haven't found a retailer for Venetian shoe cream yet, but want to condition my boots.
Montana Pitch Blend (using the hair dryer method) worked well for my brown 1K's...

See post 186: http://www.styleforum.net/t/163864/wolverine-1000-mile-boot-review/180

Mr M

Reaction score
I did similar thing the night before yesterday before going to sleep. Apparently I did not wait for the wax to fully dry so it form the white pasties the following day. Just buff it off with some brush or cloth. I applied Chamberlain's Leather milk No. 3 for deep conditioning and waterproofing. And then applied Kiwi neutral colour carnauba wax for the shine which left the white pasties the next day. I just buff it off with a horsehair brush.

DeanC

Reaction score
Hello all. Long time reader, first time poster here...

I just bought my first pair of 1000 Mile Boots at Nordstrom week ago (and yes, this thread and you all share a good part of the credit/blame for that :) ). They were perfectly comfortable right out of the box and I did have to drop a size from my AE Strands for fit. I'm very happy with them so far except I've noticed a defect I missed in the store and I'm not sure if I should return them because of it or not. Can I get an opinion or two?

Thanks and nice to meet you all.

Mr M

Reaction score
It's just a scratch. I would not worry too much. I have the scratch on the side of the leather mid sole. And congratulations on getting a comfortable to wear boots and what nice smell they have.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads