1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. newbie91

newbie91 Member

Hey there striker (and to anybody else who might be interested)

I contacted wolverine, and they too, requested that i send the shoes back for inspection. It's a definitely "no-go" for me because I stay in Asia and so I requested them to forward to horween. They have yet to reply though. I'll give them a few days more before i go andy dufresne on them.

I bought my boots to a local cobbler and he said that for my case, it was because i applied too much leather creme. He heated up a spoon and he became to melt the bumps off! So a suggestion he gave was to thoroughly clean the layers off and apply a new single coating.

2. cj10

cj10 Active Member

after applying the leather conditioner on the boots and leaving it for about 20 mins, the oil on the boots "disappeared" with some spot of oil on em which i quickly buff the boots to spread em...is it suppose to be like that?

3. cj10

cj10 Active Member

whats the problem?
    i have recieve my boots(black courtland) recently after getting them for amazon. the boots tracking package was last sent to brazil(if im not wrong) in 2011 which means it is a "old" boots. After it arrived, it has alot of scratches on em. the "tongue" too has the marking caused by the eyelet staining the tongue brown.
    i have oil the boots with leather conditioner but the scratches is still there is there anyway to remove em?

4. Mr M

Mr M Senior member

Apply same colour wax to cover those scratches. That's what I do on my Cordovan 8.

5. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Flash Deal

It's not quite as good as the DOTD but those won't happen all that often. Now flash deals? Yeah I can do those much more often.

This deal is limited to the first five buyers and then it's done.

FLASH5 is the magic word.

http://cranesboots.com/store/products/

6. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

That's a pretty amazing deal (if only my feet would grow a size).

7. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

I think I sized wrong but I'm not sure.

Ordered a 7.5 because I wear the same in Clarks DB and the consensus seems to be they are about the same sizing.

They fit very secure in the lower ankle/midsole area but I have a lot of room in the toe box and the top of the shoes around the quick lace eyelets fit kind of loose.

Is this normal or do I need to go down a half size? I've heard they stretch a lot.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  8. CityofAngles

CityofAngles Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can find Wolverine Montgomery boots in SF? I can't find them anywhere locally.

9. kennyx

kennyx Member

how much room in the toe box? Just my opinion, but I think generally you just need to worry about having the widest part of your foot matchup with the widest part of the boot. 1 to 1.5inches extra room in the toe box isnt unheard of.

10. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

Im a 9 in Clarks DB and an 8 in Wolverine 1k...so for me its a full size. 8.5 worked for me too, but then I tried an 8 and it felt even better...

11. flatspotting

flatspotting Senior member

I am with you... 12 in most shoes, 11 in CDB/Red Wings, but a 10.5 in Wolverines.

12. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Call the store and talk to Dave about your size. It might be available but in short supply. Remember, when I do these it's based on vendor inventory and my stock. No doubt everyone's size will eventually rotate through.

13. theoldcrew

theoldcrew New Member

First time poster here. I finally picked up a pair of 1K's in Brown. I absolutely love the color. I was afraid that treating them with Obenauf's LP would hurt the color. I followed Crane's method and the color did not change at all! Here are some before and after photos.

Questions: I did not condition or apply anything to the outsoles. Should I apply LP or just leave it as is?

Before LP treatment:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After LP treatment:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. newbie91

newbie91 Member

of course you need to treat the outsoles. After all, the outsoles are the part that will be in contact with the elements, unless you are walking on air

15. mg2380

mg2380 Well-Known Member

Spend 25 bucks and get a half-sole put on.

16. michaeljohnr

michaeljohnr Senior member

This is good to know. Thanks for this.

I have my No. 8's at the cobbler getting rubber half soles put on.

I was going to LP them this weekend.

17. ec123456

ec123456 Active Member

If 14 fits me snugly in the Austens, will I be the same size for the Addisons?

18. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Is there a specific half sole that works well (long lasting, not too noticeable) with the 1ks? I've seen mention of Topy, Vibram 2337 and 2338.

Also, I was checking the 1ks out at a couple of stores last week and noticed a few pairs had some extra thick wrinkling and a veiny appearance, is this considered normal for CXL?

19. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

Probably - I have a pair of the plain toe 1K and a pair of the Addison, and they fit the same. I tried a pair of the Austen in my regular size (12D) and ended up returning them because they were too small for me (not enough toe room).

20. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

Wingtip carries them. Although I'd say go for the real deal - I had a pair of the Montgomery not long after they were first introduced, and they're of noticeably inferior quality to the American made 1K boots, and they didn't last nearly as long.