1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Awesome.

2. mmmtttt

mmmtttt Senior member

Quote:edit : Meh just found shipping to Canada, its indeed pretty steep, still makes it an excellent price for 1k boots but since I just bought brown boots ill pass on this one and wait to see the other DOTD

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  3. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

If it weren't excluded by that size range, I'd be in for sure. That's an incredible deal.

4. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

I'm doing it that way so I can pretty much guarantee delivery.

5. VirtruviusR

VirtruviusR Senior member

Finally found myself some sno-seal and got some meindl water-based boot cleaning solution - and not a moment too soon, Berlin's first snow of the season today [​IMG] Time to treat my malnourished boots to the Crane's Method

6. Mehmet Korkmaz

Mehmet Korkmaz Senior member

Yeah, minus shipping and conversion, it's really great. But I think I'll wait until they go on sale locally; it would come out to almost the same once all those things are considered.

7. flatspotting

flatspotting Senior member

Those who love 1000 Miles you can always watch Sierra Trading Post's site. Earlier this week on Tuesday they had factory seconds in Black/Brown/Tan in all sizes, with their Facebook promotion they were $130 shipped... may not be firsts, but that's still a ridiculous price for 1000 Miles. They had mens and womens, I got my GF a pair and it cost me $139 shipped to Canada.

8. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Good for you, read a few pages back about the horror stories of buying seconds. I don't and won't sell seconds even though I could. Yeah there's some gold to be had but there's some real crap too. Oh and good luck if a warranty issue comes up. You're SOL.

9. flatspotting

flatspotting Senior member

I had actually ordered them from the previous time this deal came up. (100% Identical price, and deal, same starting price and 40% coupon down to the same price shipped for factory seconds, my last post was just to say it happened again and was doable) My GF has worn them daily for 5 months without a single issue - as well, a fellow at my work got the black ones from that deal, and again had 0 issues. I as well did read a few reports of issues, but you have to realize they sold hundreds and hundreds of pairs in two days..... just because the noisy ones are the ones with the issues, doesn't mean everyone else had a problem too.

10. Neognosis

Neognosis Senior member

guys, would you characterize the chromexcel as "durable?"

I am seeing some abrasion damage on my wolverines that I'm not seeing on my red wings. The red wings actually don't look like they have seen any abrasion at all, but the chromexcel on my 1K miles suffers a new scuff with every wear.

I'm concerned that I'll wear a hole through the top if I use them as motorcycle boots.

11. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

I'd be jumping all over this deal if I didn't already have the 1k miles in rust and black. Purchased from Crane's a year ago. [​IMG]

12. michaeljohnr

michaeljohnr Senior member

This is really cool of you to do.

If I could swing another pair, I'd be on it but I just bought a pair from you guys! [​IMG]

13. Saenek

Saenek Senior member

My tan addison 2nds from STP had a spot on each shoe where the leather was discolored, but after some wear and a couple LP treatments I could care less - everything else is fine. They aren't on the same level as the brown cxl rockfords that I just got but I paid about twice as much for 'firsts'. The new cxl feels very different to the predator or whatever leather was used for the tan shoes, much less 'oily' I guess?

14. nevereast

nevereast Senior member

I have only one scuff that is permanent. I scuff mine all the time but they always go away. A lot of us would call it patina.

Can't speak to the redwings. I returned mine within a day. Absolutely hated them.

If you're looking for a perfectly shiny finish with no blemishes, maybe not the best leather.

Try the shining tutorials?

15. accordion

accordion Senior member

I got a pair of Addison Browns on the way and was wondering if I should be using sno-seal with the Obenauf LP to protect them or only one or the other? I'll be walking on wet sidewalks with some salt and slush but never deep snow. Aside from those two products, what else would I need to protect my boots? Thanks and thanks Crane for the answer on the half-soles.

16. cj10

cj10 Active Member

can someone post a pic of their broken in courtland 1000 mile boot?

17. RAYZ-ACE

RAYZ-ACE Active Member

i'll try to snap a photo tomorrow, wait never mind i have rockfords lol

18. cj10

cj10 Active Member

if im richer or i have another brother i would buy the rockford too.....

19. nevereast

nevereast Senior member

One or the other.

Do you have a horsehair brush?

20. nevereast

nevereast Senior member

Post post post !