• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

leetpuma

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you are supposed to get insoles with these? Or does the leather foot bed somehow form to your foot?(If it does how long does it take?)

As of now the shoe insole feels pretty flat footed and my arches are hurting because they get no support (2 weeks of wear)

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They form to your feet. How long it takes depends on how many times you wear them, and how much you walk in them. Run your hand around the inside, you should probably feel the beginnings of a foot imprint starting to form. At a certain point, it'll be a nice deep, perfectly molded imprint, with distinct toes and an arch.

That said, I don't really need much arch support. Some people prefer putting in their own insoles because they really need a lot of arch support. That's fine to do.

mg2380

Reaction score

leetpuma

Reaction score
I see thanks for the info I had my suspicion that it would do that with time but I was not sure

raags

Reaction score
The toebox and a couple of other areas of my Wolverines are starting to get a bit worn. I applied two coats of Obenaufs LP using Crane's method about 6 months ago. A brush and buff isn't getting the marks out at this stage... Should I reapply Obenaufs or instead use a boot/mink oil to give them some nourishment?

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wolverine sent me two new lace sets, gratis. Just had to pay international shipping. :fonz:

Last edited:

milw50717

Reaction score

The toebox and a couple of other areas of my Wolverines are starting to get a bit worn. I applied two coats of Obenaufs LP using Crane's method about 6 months ago. A brush and buff isn't getting the marks out at this stage... Should I reapply Obenaufs or instead use a boot/mink oil to give them some nourishment?

Try some more Obenaufs or boot oil. Likely won't get the marks out, but will nourish the leather.

mg2380

Reaction score
Quick question for you guys: I scuffed the toe of brown 1K’s going up some stairs recently, and I was wondering the best way to help hide the scuff. Will a coating of Montana Pitch Bland help hide the blemish? Or should I hit the scuff with some brown polish first (I have the polish below), then apply the MPB?

http://www.danner.com/accessories/boot-care/brown-boot-dressing.html

Thanks!

Winterbourne

Reaction score

Quick question for you guys: I scuffed the toe of brown 1K’s going up some stairs recently, and I was wondering the best way to help hide the scuff. Will a coating of Montana Pitch Bland help hide the blemish? Or should I hit the scuff with some brown polish first (I have the polish below), then apply the MPB? http://www.danner.com/accessories/boot-care/brown-boot-dressing.html Thanks!
Did you already use a horsehair brush and work at it vigorously? I think it'll fade in time but if brushing alone doesnt help conceal it just put a dab of polish on the spot and blend it in.

mg2380

Reaction score
I haven't done anything with them yet... The scuff is pretty deep (no color left *about a pea sized area*). I'll try the hitting them with a horsehair brush tonight.

Thanks for the replies!

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just watch out that you don't brush too hard and remove the finish, there have been a few pics / posts in here about that.

mg2380

Reaction score
Not sure if this new or not... but it looks like Wolverine introduced a new color called, Cordovan No. 8. They look pretty nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads