1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Mr M

Mr M Senior member

That's good to know. I ordered mine from revolve as well. I wish they have rust colour available as well as the Krause.

2. Meezus

Meezus Member

Got my 1000 mile's last week, they were very soft and comfortable when I got them, much more room widthwise than the IRs I tried out. Been wearing them around the house for a few days, and no issues. But I wore them for the first full day today, and the balls of my feet are killing me. That doesn't seem like a usual break-in area. I don't know if it's just the hard sole and I need to get used to it/get a cushioned insole, or if there's a sizing issue. There's plenty of room in the toe box side to side, I can't reach the front of the boot with my big toe or 2nd toe, and my 3rd and 4th toes can just barely touch the front if I reach with them. Anyway, hopefully this improves somehow.
    Also I applied VSC then HDLP, glad to know they're protected now. I have noticed my feet are sweating in them more now though. Using crappy medium-thickness cotton socks isn't helping.
    But the boots are beautiful, very happy with the purchase, just hoping I don't need to sell them and size up or something.

3. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Full retail and free shipping. I'll do that "deal" all day long. Ever hear of a place called Crane's? That's where you get a decent deal each and every single day.

1 person likes this.
  4. roflzlmao

roflzlmao Member

Hey, anyone have any experience buying from Haberdash online? I recently just ordered a pair of 1ks during their Black Friday sale and I have heard mixed reviews from this forum and from reddit as well. These are my first pair of expensive shoes. Can anyone ease my mind? haha. Thanks

5. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

What exactly are you worried about? They're the same boots no matter where you buy them. They might take longer to get to you since Haberdash got swamped during the sale, but you got a good deal. Most of the criticism I've seen has been about the website itself, not the service.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  6. themonster

themonster Well-Known Member

I really want a pair of these, but I have absolutely no clue which size and width I need. Got measured as a size 8 wide on a brannock scale and tried a 8.5D because that was the only size Nordstrom had in stock. There was about an inch of space between my toes and the tip of the boots, but foot wasn't moving forward due to the narrow width.

7. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

Damnit. Got a bunch of water stains on my tan Wolverines from lots of drinking last night.

Don't think these are coming out.

8. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Do I need to chastise you over this? I specifically mentioned the hazards of a bar in my maintenance and waterproofing posts. Literally everything I have said about caring for your boots is borne out of experience and is not off the cuff malarkey.

9. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

No. I know I know.

10. fathergll

fathergll Well-Known Member

Wait, what did you do? You got water stains at the bar?

11. michaeljohnr

michaeljohnr Senior member

You can always darken them up with some LP.

That might cover the water stain, but of course you'll have darker boots.

12. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Lexol and brush 'em and call it good.

13. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

Buying lexol and tomorrow.

Pass on the Obenauf. It changes the color too much.

I'll just keep wearing it. Oh well, its a boot. Shit happens.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  14. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

I may get shot down for this but; soak the shit outta them all over to disperse any stains then leave to dry completely before re-conditioning.

15. Mr M

Mr M Senior member

My boots today. This is the colour I always want to get. Kiwi cordovan polish wax. Front is military shined.

[​IMG]

16. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

That's actually a valid solution. It also works fairly well on salt stains too. The big thing is make sure you dry them by letting them sit in an airy place. No heat and no sun. Plan on doing a serious conditioning job and that includes a light going over on the inside of the boot.

17. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

Could we see some pictures of these water stains?

18. rexet

rexet Senior member

Is the "Search this thread" function really works?

I put "indy" and "alden" in the search engin and nothing came up. I am quite sure I have read posts comparing Indy and Wolverine 1k sizing.
    I already have the 1k and now I would like to order some Alden Indy.

19. mixProtocol

mixProtocol Senior member

Yeah, the search has been broken for a while... it only seems to go back about two weeks.

20. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

If you'd taken the time to search this thread, you'd have seen we talk about how the searching this thread feature is broken basically every other week! Ugh! (Actually, I didn't actually know that the search was broken, that's annoying.)

Basically, with Indy vs. W1K sizing it comes down to this: Almost everyone is sizing their boots incorrectly anyway. My experience with Indy's and W1K is that they are both 100% exactly true to length, but everyone ignores what shoe length means, and they wear them with thin dress socks rather than boot socks. Both have the joint/flex point of the boot almost exactly the same as all of my other shoes, which is actually what you should be measuring. They have significantly more length in front of the toes than other shoes, though, and that's what people get distracted by. Indy's also have a comically large heel area.

Widths are tricky, but in my opinion, you should get the right length and then focus on whether the boot you want is available in a width that suits you (both run a bit wider than normal shoes). If it's not, then you can either go for the wrong size, or just live without the boot.

I originally went with the common wisdom of sizing down 1/2 size, and found out how bad an idea that is. Won't make that mistake again.