Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i asked because all these guys keep talking about stretching out the boots and sizing down just seemed like they wanted the tightest fit they could fit into....

2. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

These aren't jeans, you don't size down and hope they'll stretch while standing in scalding water. As far as I know all the size down talk stems from the fact that for most people these boots run a bit larger than TTS. In my case they are TTS. If anyone tells you the right size shoe is the smallest you can jam your foot into they are nuts and dead wrong.

3. Pecan89

Pecan89 Well-Known Member

I think a lot of the "stretching" talk is miscommunication. I wear 13 in every shoe I own. I bought 13 1ks. They fit great/wonderfully. When I first put them on though they were real snug on the top of my foot/the area covered by laces. But within a day or 2 i could just slip them on or off no problem and they felt great and are just getting better.

I imagine that isn't going to be the case if its tight in the toe

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013

4. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Senior member

It's interesting. My TTS is 10.5.
    I have a pair in 10 of the 1Ks that I had to put an insole in as they were to big.
    I also got a pair in 9.5 that fits snug but is comfortable.
    It might also be a matter of foot width.
    And I wear relatively thick socks in them.

5. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i never go for tight fit but all my footwear i wear as in i'm on my feet for 14hrs or so moving around i don't have a desk job where i can get the tightest fit without my feet being in pain.

6. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

If anyone is interested in buying a pair of 1000 Mile Krause boots -- brand new, 10D -- for $500, let me know by PM (and I can send pics). I got them from Wingtip and they are a bit too tight on me. Otherwise I will return them soon.

7. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

I'll just leave this PSA here: Anyone looking for replacement laces, I just reached out to the customer service form on Wolverine 1K's website, and asked about how to get another pair. I received an answer within 20 minutes saying that a complimentary pair was already on the way to me. I hear mixed reviews of Wolverine's customer service, but that's a nice thumbs up right there, I think.

8. althanis

althanis Senior member

Didn't a guy just post about them charging $10 for laces?

9. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

I dunno. Here's what they sent me:

10. onehotchili

onehotchili Senior member

So I have a pair of Black 1000 Mile Boots coming in that I ordered through Crane's. I was going to pick up some Obenaufs LP to condition them before using them. It sounds like because they are black, darkening of the leather shouldn't really be an issue? I know this is a silly question, but just thought I'd ask.

Really looking forward to these boots to compliment my Alden 403 which has been my daily boot for the last 6 months. Thanks in advance folks.... and GREAT information in this thread.

11. Winterbourne

Winterbourne Senior member

Nope, you won't even notice a difference. In fact Obenauf's LP didn't even discolor the contrast stitching on the welt.

12. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

I have some black 1k Miles and they're still black after using LP. I can't tell if they darkened. They're black, who cares? [​IMG]

Anyway, just wanted to say that whatever I was worried about in the below post was natural wear. I guess the very top layer of leather wore away and left a lighter colored area. I had similar gray spots develop in the same areas on my black boots. It's definitely not from brushing too hard, and is probably from something like how I position my foot when I'm driving. Hard to say.

13. tricky

tricky Senior member

Received my tan 1000 Miles and applied the Filson boot oil.

Is it necessary to also apply OLP if I'm not planning to wear in the winter or inclement weather?

I have a jar of it so it's no problem to apply but just wondering if the oil is better on it's own.

14. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

I wouldn't. You don't want to overdo it with products.

15. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Senior member

I can second that.