Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. ShiroiAkuma

ShiroiAkuma Senior member

I just recieved mine a day or two ago, I also have a pair of addisons, both pair are black. I'll try to post somthing this weekend, possibly side by side photos with my thoughts on both.

2. cuddleclutch

cuddleclutch Member

Winterbourne:

I looked at your shoe pics on 193. The creasing is similar to mine... do you get creasing along the toe cap as well? It seems odd to me that my boot is doing this. I mean, in the end they fit well, but I wanted them to be something I could wear to a job interview, or nicer occasion, and honestly, I just think they look to bad for that. I'm shocked it's happened so quickly.

Someone mentioned options about getting the boot rebuilt, do ya'll know anything about that? Is it possible and what does it cost?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013

3. jhwang116

jhwang116 Member

How are you guys pulling these off in the spring? My impression that work boots look out of place with lighter fabrics, especially shirts.

4. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

After a couple of months the fit and feel is great! I wear black superfeet inserts in them as I do almost all my shoes and boots so can't tell you about arch support. With the SF insoles they work perfect, at least for my foot. I really do like the Krause a lot. Because they are made with Horween Dublin leather they are a bit dressier IMO and more a semi-dress than work boot. I got the tan which was a bit lighter than I wanted so used Saphir medium brown cream to darken and use Saphir medium brown wax to polish which provides a fair amount of protection against the elements. I have a lot of boots so don't wear them ever day but after a couple of months of wear: (on right)

[​IMG]

the patina is about perfect too. In full sun it is hard to get a good picture because of the shine and resulting glare:

[​IMG]

I feel they were a good purchase for me.

5. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

Chromexcel isn't too forgiving for differing foot shapes. I too have different creasings on my 1Ks, but not as bad. As for my other shoes/boots, there is some difference in creasing between my left and right foot, but only if you look for it. CXL definitely highlights the problem to a very large degree.

6. benjamin831

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After 1 week wear. As you can see, there's a noticeable difference in creasing. Doesn't really bother me though. I darkened the sole edge a little with some shoe polish just to make it less noticeable.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013

7. digga

digga Senior member

what size is this? looks like your short about 4 eyelets.

8. benjamin831

They're the women's 1K. I had to size down past the smallest men's size. So yeah, they're pretty much the same except for fewer eyelets. Not sure if the last is different but it looks exactly the same.

9. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Thanks for all this good info, and the pics! Just curious, when and where did you get the tan Krause boots? I have only see the Russet (which looks a little too reddish to me) and the Black (which I think looks very cool).

10. rexet

rexet Senior member

I finally brought them back to my cobbler. He said he just received a new glue that he especially ordered after the work he has done for me.
    I will get them back on monday with a new sole stuck with the new glue. We'll see how it works.

11. Winterbourne

Winterbourne Senior member

I don't have any creasing at the toe with my rusts. I find it odd the leather on my black ones doesn't crease as significantly as the rusts do. The leather feels slightly different too and not as supple, which I think is the reason they're not creasing to the same extent the rusts are.

I just bought a pair of the tan 1ks and looked around on the net on how to mitigate creasing and reverse it. One place recommended using shoe trees and conditioner like a lot of us already know, but mentioned also was rubbing the areas prone to creasing after each wear and when creasing does occur, it can be ironed out. I don't know if the iron would only apply to black leather or not. But if it's feasible I would consider it before any special occasion or interview.

12. Patek

Patek Senior member

Received the woman's size 7 tan wingtip boots today. Great customer service Crane's!

These are part of my finance's birthday present as she wears the hell out of the other pair I bought her.

13. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

sub 250 a good price on these? I dont know which I would get yet, id have to try them on. Ive been thinking about a good pair of boots for awhile.

14. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Good eye! I couldn't figure out why they looked different.

Interesting. I'd love to pick up a pair for my wife. Good to know they are identical to the men's version except for the eyelets.

15. digga

digga Senior member

What sort of interview would you wear a work boot to?