Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. scourage

scourage Senior member

I tried on the Katahdins at LL Bean and found they ran TTS, an 11D for me. My Wolverine 1K Mile boots required a half size down to 10.5. The SA where I bought the Wolverines indicated that they can order half sizes in the original 1000 Mile boot.

thanks but i'm really wondering more about the width. If I need a wide in the katahdins will the 1k fit. how is their width compared to the bean. if the regulars in both are the same it prob won't work, but if the 1k mile is wider in general than maybe.

2. jmosolnik

jmosolnik Member

Hey everyone. Got a pair of 1000 mile boots from wolverine recently and must say I am very impressed. I have only one question that you guys can probably help me out with. Does anybody know if it's possible to have rubber soles put on similar to the sole on the Red Wing GT or Alden Indy.
    Something like the first picture here http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.co...1/go-commando/, not a complete resole, but just rubber on the front part of the boot. Anyone done anything like this to their 1000 miler or is it not even worth the trouble. I have no clue about this and I've been following these forums for a while and never posted, so here is my first attempt. You guys have proved invaluable with your knowledge so far, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction about this.

Many thanks,
    Jon-Michael

3. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Hey everyone. Got a pair of 1000 mile boots from wolverine recently and must say I am very impressed. I have only one question that you guys can probably help me out with. Does anybody know if it's possible to have rubber soles put on similar to the sole on the Red Wing GT or Alden Indy.
    Something like the first picture here http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.co...1/go-commando/, not a complete resole, but just rubber on the front part of the boot. Anyone done anything like this to their 1000 miler or is it not even worth the trouble. I have no clue about this and I've been following these forums for a while and never posted, so here is my first attempt. You guys have proved invaluable with your knowledge so far, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction about this.

Many thanks,
    Jon-Michael

http://www.styleforum.net/member.php?u=27064

Ask him

4. jmosolnik

jmosolnik Member

will do. many thanks taco.

5. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

thanks but i'm really wondering more about the width. If I need a wide in the katahdins will the 1k fit. how is their width compared to the bean. if the regulars in both are the same it prob won't work, but if the 1k mile is wider in general than maybe.
    1K is definitely wider. I can't say exactly how much but wider for sure.

6. acarlton

acarlton Well-Known Member

Do you guys do anything to treat the sole of your 1k boots? I've been trying to find if I should be applying LP to the sole or not.

7. bobm

bobm Senior member

Do you guys do anything to treat the sole of your 1k boots? I've been trying to find if I should be applying LP to the sole or not.

Others may disagree, but just walking on them would wear protection off, no?

Bob

8. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Many thanks,
    Jon-Michael

Some people here have had their 1Ks topied and are getting good results. I'm not sure about having a commando type sole similar to the Vibram 3359 or 2341 installed directly over the existing sole. Best advice there is to talk to a good cobbler and see what they say. I have a pair of 1Ks that need to be resoled and I know it's not a problem having them resoled commando style.

Are you a good hockey player? If you pull this off you'd better be one.

Others may disagree, but just walking on them would wear protection off, no?

Bob

Not if you melt half a can of the stuff into the sole, which is possible but I wouldn't go there.

9. acarlton

acarlton Well-Known Member

hahaha, thanks. I just saw it mentioned a few places, and didn't know if it was common practice. To be honest, I probably just need to quit babying my boots and accept the fact that the soles are going to wear down.

10. meso

meso Senior member

Or get em rubber soled.

11. auggie

auggie Well-Known Member

I had to resole my 1k's and it was no biggie. The soles only lasted a year with heavy wear, probably 3 -4 times a week. I also walk about 3 km/day.

12. Gruntle

Gruntle Senior member

[​IMG]
    Black Addisons just arrived. I went a full size down and I can still wear them with heavy socks. Very comfortable out the box like the 1000 mile boot. both boots are great and will be in heavy rotation next year.

13. jmosolnik

jmosolnik Member

Thanks so much! You guys are awesome here. Crane's, let me know how the resoling goes I'd like to see how they look after you get them worked on. THANKS!

14. themaskedcorndog

themaskedcorndog Senior member

I've been wearing my 1000 miles every single day since I got them in June, and the right boot is a million times softer than the left boot. The right boot is soft as all fuck. I was wondering why this might be

15. Gruntle

Gruntle Senior member

I treated my black Addisons with 2 coats of Montana pitch blend last night, wore them about an hour today with my Roy slim fits. These boots look good with a tapered denim and are comfortable as hell.