1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. SBear

SBear Senior member

Just ordered the Montgomery for half price as 2nds from Sierra Trading Post. Fingers crossed for a pair that have only a negligible reason for being 2nds.

2. milesbeyond

milesbeyond Well-Known Member

This happened to me, called Wolverine customer service, they saw pictures and agreed it was more than usual. Told me to send 'em back to the seller (Crane's) and Crane sent me a new pair. After a bit, still had a tiny split, so went to a cobbler and they used a couple more nails to keep it down. Cobbler said wasn't a big deal, Wolverine just nailed the heel too far in. Still a tiny bit of separation (literally barely enough for a piece of paper) but all good now. I wouldn't worry too much.

3. vesper39

vesper39 New Member

Sorry I haven't been able to read all the posts in this thread, but has anyone experienced this kind of issue with their boots? It seems like the coloring/leather on my shoe is rubbing off. Anyway to fix or remedy this? I've only had these boots for roughly 1 month.

http://i.imgur.com/A4WwZTu.jpg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  4. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

What are you doing to them to cause this?

5. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Anyone?

6. zrnk

zrnk Well-Known Member

Trying to decide between my first pair of these, I can't decide if I want standard brown, rust or cordovan. Somebody want to sway me in any direction?

7. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Rust ages very, very well.

8. zrnk

zrnk Well-Known Member

I am a fan of the rust. It's also a little different shade of brown than the leather jacket I'm planning on getting relatively soonish (also brown), which is good because I don't want them to look too samey when worn together.

9. Mr M

Mr M Senior member

As close as you can get to superman boot without looking like a circus performer. Cordovan 8.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ronnythebest

ronnythebest Member

I am not sure what happened to these boots, but I had a brand new 1st pair that was almost like that from the box - thats it, showing brown raw leather when its supposed to be black. They were sent back right away.

11. ErPupone

ErPupone Member

Hello,

I've decided to sell my boots since they are slightly too big and I can't get used to it. They went through 2 winters in the Czech Republic (tough ones), and are still in very good condition/shape.

Only the sole is to be replaced. Being in the CZ I would preferably sell them to someone living within the UE.

Please let me know or send me a private message if you are interested. Size is a 9,5.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. digga

digga Senior member

^^wrong thread

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  13. ErPupone

ErPupone Member

ow, sorry ! i've found the right one, thank you

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  14. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

That is about the most red I have ever seen them! Every other pic is usually a dark wine purplish brown color.

15. Mr M

Mr M Senior member

Added thin rubber sole for extra protection for the leather sole.

[​IMG]

16. g0d5hand

g0d5hand Member

Anyone have any good advice for cleaning and general maintenance of brown 1k's? Cleaned my boots the other day and then applied a coat of Red Wing Shoe Cream (Neutral) and wiped off the excess and buffed with a horse hair brush. Walking around today, the first wear since the cleaning and where the boot creases there is a pastie white film. Did I just not buff the shoe enough after cleaning our is this not a good product for conditioning these boots? Live in Canada and haven't found a retailer for Venetian shoe cream yet, but want to condition my boots.

17. mg2380

mg2380 Well-Known Member

Montana Pitch Blend (using the hair dryer method) worked well for my brown 1K's...

See post 186: http://www.styleforum.net/t/163864/wolverine-1000-mile-boot-review/180

18. Mr M

Mr M Senior member

I did similar thing the night before yesterday before going to sleep. Apparently I did not wait for the wax to fully dry so it form the white pasties the following day. Just buff it off with some brush or cloth. I applied Chamberlain's Leather milk No. 3 for deep conditioning and waterproofing. And then applied Kiwi neutral colour carnauba wax for the shine which left the white pasties the next day. I just buff it off with a horsehair brush.

19. DeanC

DeanC New Member

Hello all. Long time reader, first time poster here...

I just bought my first pair of 1000 Mile Boots at Nordstrom week ago (and yes, this thread and you all share a good part of the credit/blame for that :) ). They were perfectly comfortable right out of the box and I did have to drop a size from my AE Strands for fit. I'm very happy with them so far except I've noticed a defect I missed in the store and I'm not sure if I should return them because of it or not. Can I get an opinion or two?

Thanks and nice to meet you all.

[​IMG]

20. Mr M

Mr M Senior member

It's just a scratch. I would not worry too much. I have the scratch on the side of the leather mid sole. And congratulations on getting a comfortable to wear boots and what nice smell they have.