1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. ronnythebest

ronnythebest Member

Thats why you have nordy...

Anyway, what color goes best with jeans? I checked a thousand of pictures and still cant decide for myself. Some people say rust gets darker than brown after wear...
    I do have Beckman in cigar- what color matches cigar in wolverine line? I want something different.. Decisions.

2. walds11

walds11 Senior member

I recently purchased a pair of 1000 mile boots. They are excellent boots and very well made. The plain toe wasn't doing it for me so I exchanged them for a pair of 1000 Mile Courtland boots, which are a moc toe design. They had to be special ordered, should arrive in about a week. I really like the Vibram rubber pad for more traction in wet environments(not an all leather sole like the regular 1000 Mile Boots). These will make a nice dress boot and will compliment my Red Wing Iron Rangers very nicely.

3. captainfalcon

captainfalcon Senior member

Are you wearing raws by any chance?

Although I think any color of wolverines would go well with jeans.

4. clambaek

clambaek Member

I'm also trying to figure out what color to go with. I'd be wearing 'em almost exclusively with chinos/jeans, nothing raw yet. I feel like it's down to Rust or Brown, what would be more versatile?

5. Winterbourne

Winterbourne Senior member

Comes down to personal preference. I think either rust or brown would work equally well, but I'd opt for the rust. I wear both the black and the tan pair with nearly everything, except shorts and a suit of course. As long as your pants/denim isn't hiding most of the boot, you're going to get compliments/inquiries/photographed when wearing them. Oppositely, cuffing your pants high enough to display the entire boot always seemed to me a bit much and mainly exclusive to the hipsters.

6. striker

striker Senior member

For me, it would be rust. The brown color is found in so many other boots besides wolverine. I've seldom seen rust in other brands and it pairs beautifully with many colors.

7. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Well-Known Member

Definitely brown or rust. I own the tan and although I like it, its not as versatile.

8. ronnythebest

ronnythebest Member

Received today a brand new pair from nordy, one shoe has some scuffs and annoying clicking coming from the middle of the sole. Also the middle part is a bit elevated on that shoe. A little disappointed

9. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

I second the brown or rust. I would also say that the brown isn't as standard as some have alluded. I picked up mine online under the pretense that I was getting rust, but I'm thinking what I received is the brown colour. That being said, the brown have a rust to them as well and they're not your typical boring brown.

10. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Send them back for replacement if you are not happy.

11. althanis

althanis Senior member

I got rust, and I'm happy with it. Unless you really like brown, get the rust, as it'll just get a little darker eventually, and it makes an interesting visual - not quite brown, with maybe a tad orange mixed in. To me it's much more interesting than a plain, flat brown.

1 person likes this.
  12. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

I'm considering ordering the Krause boot online and am looking for advice on sizing.

I have a pair of the 744 Ltd in size 11 and they fit perfectly.

Should I order the Krause in size 11? 10.5? Some other size?

Thanks.

13. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

I'd order the Krause in 10.5

14. walds11

walds11 Senior member

Just to let ya'll know, Sherman Brothers is having a 15% off the entire store sale. Use code Hot2013. That's where I picked up my Courtlands. They will be delivered to my doorstep tomorrow :)

15. ronnythebest

ronnythebest Member

Some picture of recently aquired boots, all in august..... Wanted only one pair of Red Wings Beckman , because it was a really good price from amazon. Got IR to compare, dont like them much. Then W1K... QC is horrible, brown pair is going back for exchange, and prob will get rust.
    So, in the end 3 pairs.
    Beckman in cigar, runs really narrow. Id say almost the same color as Wolverine Brown.
    W1K black and Red Wing Iron rangers in Amber Harness

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  16. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Thank you. The sizing advice/experience on the board is a bit contractictory - one person said he was a size 12 but for a 1000 Mile boot had to go down to 10.5. Someone else, like you, said they went down one half size.

It's interesting that the 744 Ltd 1000 Mile shell cordovan boot fits, in my experience, TTS: I measure 11 on the Brannock, that's the size I got for the 744, and it's absolutely perfect for me. Several stores that carry/carried the 744 Ltd also recommended TTS. I've read that several people found the boot a bit narrow (which can be good or bad, based on foot shape). I am a C width and I find that the 744 fits much better in the heel area than my Alden Barrie last shoes.

Others may disagree, but it seems like sizing is highly dependent on which 1000 Mile boot you're talking about & the shape of your foot.

As for the Krause boot, if I do order it, I will likely go with 10.5, which is one half size down from my Brannock size.

Thanks again.

17. walds11

walds11 Senior member

Well, my Courtlands arrived today. I am very disappointed. The boot on the right has a nice blemish/indent right above the moc toe and there also is a small black blemish above one of the eyelets. Poor quality control! They went back to the authorized dealer this evening and the owner is going to reorder. I told him to make sure that Wolverine hand picks my new pair. I will report back when the new pair arrives. Other than that, I love the look of the moc top style and also like the rubber sole. [​IMG]

18. imvin

imvin New Member

Heya first post for me! However I've been lurking this thread for the last 6 months at least. This is my first pair of Wolverines. I spent the last 6 months researching into the standard 1k original boot, thinking it was what I was going to go for.. Then I stumbled across the Rockford edition.. I'm so glad I went with the rockfords, they're amazing. I personally found the 1k originals to plain across the front of the foot, I wanted a bit more character. By having the cap toe this really did it for me. I picked these up off ebay for $150USD, literally worn once. No issues with them whatsoever, pretty much brand new. Will post some more pics soon.

Wolverine 1k Rockfords Brown size 11
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. DoctorHolliday

DoctorHolliday Well-Known Member

2 people like this.
  20. karanimal

karanimal Well-Known Member

Quote:Thanks! I ordered yesterday and just saved 35$ by talking to a rep via live chat.