• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked several times before: where can I get replacement laces for these? Mine have snapped. Does wolverine send them out for free?

Seriously, you'd wait a week to get a free pair of laces instead of going to a store and buying a pair for $3?

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so if i can get a pair of 744 ltds for 475 i should probably jump all over that, right?

someone just yell at me so i can do this or not.

YELL!! Unless they are a 10D then you should still get them and I will trade you 3 pairs of bison boots for them. BB, AE Yuma, and Bean.

Seriously.... I am a boot whore and the 744's are one of my most favorite boots that I own. And I own a lot of boots. If you like the looks of them jump on them and I don't think you will regret it.

I am thinking about removing the tongue of my boots and getting light weight laces to eliminate some boot weight. Anyone ever tried this? If so, did it make a difference?

Wonder what you would do with a pair of real steel toed work boots to save weight? Most ridge running woodchucks know by the age of 6 or 7 what the tongue of a boot is for. You also mentioned in another thread removing pockets on the end of a Filson 257 to save weight. Personally I put a 20 oz. diet dew in both ends of my 258 each day before I go to work. I'm not farting dust yet but didn't exactly fall off the turnip truck last night either, the weight isn't even a consideration for me in the boots they are very lightweight as is. I'm thinking that the "style" your trying to pass off of yourself is really not you, and that is a hard thing to pull off. Not saying you need to know how to rig a chain fall or which is the business end of a slugging wrench let alone know what to use with it, but if your trying to save fractions of ounces then something is wrong here. Just saying.....

Dbc0919

Reaction score
If anyone with large feet is looking for a pair of black 1K mile boots, just noticed sale page at Epaulet showing size 11, 11.5 and 12 for $255.

digga

Reaction score
Or if you have small feet and want some black Krause, the Jefersonville, OH Allen Edmonds outlet still has some seconds for $160.

Pecan89

Reaction score
Yea I've read most of cranes posts and like his snow seal method. Pretty similar to what I do to my sh*tkicking boots. But with this pair of wolves I'm just applying light coats multiple times and often. At least while they're still so relatively nice and new.
I know the MPB paste is real easy and smooth to apply a light even coat I'm just curious about how the oil( the liquid pitch blend) is when applying.NBD just seeing if anyone uses the MPB oil.
The sno seal treatment is a little over kill for me, although I have done it with other boots

NefariousSabatour

Reaction score

YELL!! Unless they are a 10D then you should still get them and I will trade you 3 pairs of bison boots for them. BB, AE Yuma, and Bean.

Seriously.... I am a boot whore and the 744's are one of my most favorite boots that I own. And I own a lot of boots. If you like the looks of them jump on them and I don't think you will regret it.

Wonder what you would do with a pair of real steel toed work boots to save weight? Most ridge running woodchucks know by the age of 6 or 7 what the tongue of a boot is for. You also mentioned in another thread removing pockets on the end of a Filson 257 to save weight. Personally I put a 20 oz. diet dew in both ends of my 258 each day before I go to work. I'm not farting dust yet but didn't exactly fall off the turnip truck last night either, the weight isn't even a consideration for me in the boots they are very lightweight as is. I'm thinking that the "style" your trying to pass off of yourself is really not you, and that is a hard thing to pull off. Not saying you need to know how to rig a chain fall or which is the business end of a slugging wrench let alone know what to use with it, but if your trying to save fractions of ounces then something is wrong here. Just saying.....

I bought 'em.

And yeah, they are 10D. haha

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought 'em.

And yeah, they are 10D. haha

You Nefarious Seafarer bastage!! Sorry retired Navy and that is a very old handle... Serious about those 3 bison boots, hardly worn..
biggrin.gif

Enjoy your new boots. I'm sick with the flu, will post some pictures soon when I feel better and the sun comes out comparing them to C&J Marlow Cigar shell, AE dark brown shell and AE Walnut shell boots. The 744's are awesome, couple of weeks ago I wore them in Az. in the desert and mountains for a week and have actually worn them almost every day since I purchased them even in the cold Mn. winter snow and freakish rain. Enjoy and wear them in good health.

Passat774

Reaction score
Or if you have small feet and want some black Krause, the Jefersonville, OH Allen Edmonds outlet still has some seconds for $160.

Do you know what size's for us small feet guys?

digga

Reaction score
Do you know what size's for us small feet guys?
I think i saw 8.5 and there were one or two other boxes there. I think they were both black, and they had black soles instead of the brown... perhaps that's why they are seconds, i dunno.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few images to compare three popular work boots.

Wolverine 1K Mile in brown CXL, sz 10.5D (2 yrs old)
Red Wing 9011 GT/Beckman in Black Cherry, sz 10.5D (6 months old)
Oak Street Trench Boot in Natural CXL, sz 11D (1 week old)

Last edited:

Phantoom

Reaction score
A few images to compare three popular work boots.

Wolverine 1K Mile in brown CXL
Red Wing 9011 GT/Beckman in Black Cherry
Oak Street Trench Boot in Natural CXL

Thanks a ton for these. Any chance we could see them individually from the side? How much did you pay for each?

NefariousSabatour

Reaction score
i've had a pair of GTs for years, so when i got my first 1000ms 6 months ago i was really struck with the lower profile compared to the GT. You can really see that in the last pic, but its something i never would have even thought about when looking at the two boots a few years ago.

Pecan89

Reaction score
Isn't the lower profile due to the lack of the rubber on the sole?

Those Oak Street boots look very nice

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads