1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. gearhead

gearhead Senior member

yes, it could be he is rolling his right ankle like he's michael jackson or something
    i demand a video of ur gait zxing, the pics u posted have me perplexed, and i must get to the bottom of this

2. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

You know, he says the "sides of the boot sags more on the right side than the left." Taken with you suggesting not tying the laces, that might be it. Otherwise, what would he mean by saying the sides sag? If the laces aren't tied up on the speedhooks, but worn like the cool kids do, with the tongue out and pants tucked in, I can see the sides flopping outward and creasing like that. In which case it would be user error.

3. chimaki

chimaki Well-Known Member

right boot looks like it was left underwater for an extended period of time or something, that's some terrible creasing.

4. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

I find it hard to believe that with normal care and normal wear that any boots would look like that. More to this than meets the eye methinks.

5. striker

striker Senior member

One boot was made using seal leather retrieved from some sunken ship centuries ago. The other is just regular CXL.

6. gnrclouis

gnrclouis Member

So I got a pair of these recently and they fit fine and are a very nice pair of boots. However, I didn't realise how narrow the boot itself is - far too narrow in my opinion. They really don't look that great with even slim fitted jeans, and they definitely don't look rugged like I prefer this style of boot to look. I'll probably buy a pair of Iron Rangers soon instead, so to anyone considering a pair of these as a rugged looking lace up boot, I'd definitely not recommend them for that sort of style.

7. striker

striker Senior member

My iron-ranger feels alot narrower in the same size as 1000M and looks just as big. YMMV.

8. gnrclouis

gnrclouis Member

Hmm from what I've seen the Iron Ranger toe looks wider than the Wolverine 1000 mile one?

9. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

Black 1000 Mile boots can be had for $195 at Steven Alan with code "GOINGGONE40"

10. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

They don't look rugged. Explain this to me please? I'm not sure what rugged looks like but I can assure you that the boots can withstand the abuse of a rugged lifestyle.

About the comment made about submerged under water for a while...

You do realize I started wading in water all day long last year with these boots when I rock hunt? My boots do not look anything like that. As someone pointed out there's probably more to this story.

11. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

The idea that the boots aren't rugged is silly. They are aesthetically extremely similar to red wing, whites, viberg, etc. However, I do admit when worn, they make the foot appear smaller, even though (in my opinion) the fit itself is actually quite roomy. Maybe it's something with the lines of the boot idk.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  12. V1KTA222

V1KTA222 Senior member

I got a pair off of STP (tan seconds) and they look good. Only thing I can tell is that there are some dark streaks on the leather upper, but not quite stains. I don't think they take away from the shoe at all, especially since they will get dirty once I start wearing them!

One question I had about the leather maintenance. My wife has some chamberlain leather milk for her bags and shoes. Would that be something similar to filson boot oil or meltonian leather lotion?

13. V1KTA222

V1KTA222 Senior member

14. mg2380

mg2380 Well-Known Member

Did you get these boots yet? If so, how did they fit compared to 1K's? Thanks!

15. poena

poena Senior member

please post up sales on wolverine 1000 miles again next time! I missed the stevenalan sale :(

16. poena

poena Senior member

I thought the pair I got looked narrow/small too...especially compared to my clarks db and my alden indy boots.

17. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

They're definitely narrower and sleeker looking than your average work boot, more of a dress work boot. Red Wings, Whites, Viberg, etc. are all more rugged looking imo.

18. ronnythebest

ronnythebest Member

19. digga

digga Senior member

20. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Beware, some pretty horrible customer service stories on reddit about shoerepertoire.