1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I want to like these boots but the toe box makes them look like clown shoes.

Is there anything similar without such a large bulbous toe box?

2. Zaim Fuzi

Zaim Fuzi Member

wondering too..

the viberg service boots with 2030 last looks promising..

anything else?

3. 5354

5354 Senior member

White's Custom Semi-Dress without the celastic toe.

4. mellowllama

mellowllama Active Member

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  5. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

About to cop a pair of these using F&F discount. Is the general consensus to size down .5?

6. TheSoonest

TheSoonest Senior member

yeah i did and it fits perfectly.

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

Counterpoint: in 9.5 in most things, 10 in Nike/adidas and my 1ks are 8.5. A little tight at first but perfect with a stretch, so down a full size can work too

8. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

Do any of you guys regret your purchase of the 1k? My finances are kinda effed bc I'm going on vacay soon but copping a pair of these for $140 is too good to pass up.

9. haiglarsen

haiglarsen Well-Known Member

I do, but I wouldn't if I had only paid $140. That said, out of the half dozen shoes/boots I own, I wear my 1K's more than anything else. If I could do it all over again, I'd spend the extra money and get some Alden plain toe boots or something of that nature.

10. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Curious, what specifically about the boots makes you regret the purchase?

11. haiglarsen

Mostly the obnoxious crinkling/creasing of the leather on my right boot that has been mentioned a lot in this thread. I didn't think it would bug me as much as it has, but now it always annoys me when I look at it. Also at some point in the few months after I got them, they stretched out a bit (I sized down half from my normal size), so now they feel looser than I like my boots to fit. They are otherwise fine boots.

12. Andreas1965

Andreas1965 Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    10,5 in RedWing, 10,5 in Trickers Stow, but 10 in the 1K.

All other shoes 11,5.

13. striker

striker Senior member

This mighy end up very misleading without stating whether its UK sizes or US sizes. 10.5 in Trickers can mean 3 things: UK10.5, US 11 or US11.5 depending on one's conversion.

14. Zaim Fuzi

Zaim Fuzi Member

I agree. Because some people measure with us and some with Uk

15. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

I remember those pics. Seems to only happen on a few pairs, have you tried contacting Wolverine about it?

16. haiglarsen

The consensus here was that it is a normal characteristic of Chromexcel and not a problem or unusual in any way, so I never thought to contact Wolverine about it.

17. cinnabar

cinnabar Well-Known Member

The same thing happened with my right boot. It does get annoying to look at.

18. onehotchili

onehotchili Senior member

All,

I just wanted to follow up and let people know that it looks like I have a brand new SOLID pair 1000 Mile Boots. They arrived a couple of days ago and tonight I'll be treating them with Obenauf's leather preservative. I did get my original boots, the 2nd replacement boots, and my most recent pair from Crane's Country Store. They were AWESOME to work with and went the extra distance to make sure everything was set. They emailed me shipping labels etc., took care of EVERYTHING.

I think in the end, I just had some bad luck with the new boots that I had gotten. In any case, with summer here in Tahoe I probably won't be wearing that much until the Fall.... but I'll be set for then!

19. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Quick question
    The leather insole seems to be glued in my shoe with some cotton-ish stuff.
    I am adding a new pair of rubber insoles to by boots (as they were not as snug as I like)

Can I remove the orignal insole? What is that cotton-ish stuff?
    Should I be putting new insole on top of the old one? or should i stack both? (Both ways feel fine)

20. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Wolverine Addison seconds for $148 at Sierra

Good selection of sizes left, Brown, Tan, Black. Today's bets code seems to be STFD6113 bringing it down to $148+tax. Use the apps (at least iOS) to get free shipping. Total to New York was $160, which is a steal for these. Don't need them, but I've been wanting tan Addisons forever, so I decided to pull the trigger.

EDIT: Bigger deal, they just put up the plain toe 1000 miles as well as the Sophia 12" 1000 miles (for women). Don't need the plain toes, but copped the brown Sophia's for my GF. Hell of a day for Wolverines.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.