1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. BadCo67

BadCo67 New Member

double post...apologies

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  2. BadCo67

BadCo67 New Member

I have a pair of Wolverine Winchesters, in tan, that I absolutely love. I bought them for a dress/casual shoe for work. My previous boots were of the more traditional lower height which is fine/okay, except I ride a motorcycle to work every day that I can, and the higher height helps keep the wind out of my pants, and also actually helps keep my pant legs from riding up.

I oil them with Lexol, and waterproofed them with Sno Seal, they darkened up slightly, actually IMO, look better now and I have no concerns about clean up after wearing them inclement weather.

I did wear through the original heal in about a year, had local cobbler put new heal on. Just recently wore out my laces, contacted Wolverine, and had a new pair of laces at no charge in less than a week.

I don't recall what I paid, seems it was a bit more than $200, but my memory is not what it used to be. My next pair will likely be Addisons in brown, I just wish the ankle height was little higher. Anyone know of a good sale going on for Addisons?

3. cinnabar

cinnabar Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. I actually went ahead and dropped down an additional 1/2 size since the first pair had too much slippage even with an insole. Crane's made a quick exchange for me. The folks over there are awesome.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  4. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Does any one know how sizing works for women's 1k shoes?
    Do you normally size down 1 for those as well?
    Does each of the shoes have its own sizing or is it consistent across all the models?

5. jgooch

jgooch New Member

If you are looking to buy the 1000 mile boot, go to Crane's. Or have a question about them, go to Crane's. I have just purchased my second pair from them and they have been great. Questions about size, talk to them. If they don't get you on the money, they will be very close and they will work with you. If you can't tell, I highly recommend them......

6. althanis

althanis Senior member

Similar with mine, but to a lesser extent. You should use shoe-trees too - they're good for the longevity and also helps straightening that out a bit.

7. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

How does a Krause compare size wise to the original 1000 mile boot. I take an 11D in the 1000 and it seems a bit loose, I've an 11D 744 and it fits snug.

8. mg2380

mg2380 Well-Known Member

9. Jack Hazer

Jack Hazer Member

CXL is often susceptible to thick creases, don't sweat it man, it an attribute of character... Cherish it!

10. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

just noticed these boots with 7" hem opening make feet look huge like clown shoes.....

11. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

Not exactly a wolverine question, but I'm wondering if anyone can speak to the sizing comparison between red wing and 1000 mile. I have a pair of 1000 mile boots and am considering getting a pair of black red wing oxfords released this SS. If I take a 9.5 in 1000 mile boots, should my size be the same in the red wings? I typically take a US size 10 in other brands (ie, converse, Clark's).

12. KevinL

KevinL New Member

Like others in this thread, I experienced fairly early sole wear after 4 months of walking around in San Francisco. I went to Jack's Shoe Repair on Sutter and resoled with a new JR leather sole and a Vibram topsole.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Yes, kop the same size as 1000 miles.

14. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

Thanks for the help!

15. BeingHuman

BeingHuman New Member

16. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

I'm thinking about unloading my tan Addisons. I'm just so dissapointed with the current colour. My understanding was Obenaufs would darken them slightly, and they would lighten up again as the LP worked its way out. Instead, I'm stuck with patchy, dark-ish brown boots, which don't seem to have weathered well at all. Originally, until the dyeing/winter, it was one of my all-time favourite purchases. What a let-down.

17. Winterbourne

Winterbourne Senior member

I feared this as well which is why I didn't weather proof my tan 1000 miles at all. Sparingly I apply renu leather conditioner/cleaner to them. And you know what? With less product on them than my other 1000 miles, they age the best of all three in terms of patina and creaselessness.

18. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

I have a loose thread coming out of my 1k's upper just above the speed hook.
    Does any one here know how to tie it off?
    Or can I burn the ends and fuse them?

19. Winterbourne

Winterbourne Senior member

I had this happen too. I burned it down and haven't had a problem since.

20. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Be VERY careful of this if you've sno-sealed/LP'd your boots. As I discovered, the addition of beeswax + thread = candle. Didn't damage my shoe, but I had a brief "shit my shoes are on fire" moment with this. Put it out within a few seconds.