1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Quality is OK but they cannot be compared to the 1K line. They are a different line altogether with a significantly lower price. They aren't made in the US. I have a pair of shoes from this line and I mentioned that in a post above.

2. Winterbourne

Winterbourne Senior member

I don't know. I was hypothetically talking for cuddleclutch.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  3. Patek

Patek Senior member

Compare to the Iron Ranger line. Great line, made in the USA and built like a brick!

4. muzach

muzach Active Member

Thanks, that's what I was assuming. Tried searching the forums for the answer, didn't see your post. I can get the 1883 line for 40% off through a family member (not the 1000 Mile line), and the suede chukkas looked compelling (I don't own any chukkas - the 1K's are my only good shoes/boots). They look cool, but the bottom line is I don't want to spend money on shoes that won't last, and aren't made here.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  5. meso

meso Senior member

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  6. trig

trig Senior member

scuffed my boots this weekend. any advice on how to minimize the damage/how much it shows? should I just do a few coats of boot oil and then LP it?

[​IMG]

7. Winterbourne

Winterbourne Senior member

That mark will fade into oblivion in no time at all. Water proofing the now exposed leather can't hurt.

8. chimaki

chimaki Well-Known Member

Not so much the "in the wild" shot everyone seems to be looking for, but here's my pair of Russet Krause 2nds from the AE outlet in early December after a shine tonight. Sorry for the crappy light, it's midnight and the living room lighting is all I've got. I'd say they're averaging 2-3 wears per week over the first 9-10 weeks, I love these boots. A bit more substantial than my standard 1k miles, and I'm liking the Dublin leather a ton more than the CXL.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  9. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Really disappointed with my 1000 Mile boots right now, though it's entirely my fault. I used Obenaufs on my tan Addisons, and they've turned much, much darker than I had anticipated.

10. rexet

rexet Senior member

Oil or LP ?

I just picked up mine from the cobbler with a new half sole stuck with a experimental glue. Let's hope it will stay in place this time!

11. JP Marcellino

JP Marcellino Senior member

now they are even getting better looking.

i agree with winter waterproofing is a good idea, also you could try rubbing out the marks. use some lexol conditioner take a smooth spoon put your hands inside and rub the marks. this should create some heat with the leather and allow the oils to fill and smooth the scuffs. maybe even take some clear dry wax if you have and very lightly apply on the scuffs and rub with the spoon. the point is to to get the grain to lay flat. after this apply the waterproof.

i don't think i would use any dye unless you know the exact color and like i said the scuffs add character. but at least you could smooth the grain.

12. jrcbandit

jrcbandit New Member

[​IMG]

So is there any way to remove light scratches, brushing doesn't seem to help much? After just 2 weeks, the sides of my boots are really scratched up bad, some of it was the boots scratching each other during shipping ;p. It just seems to scratch way more easily than anything else I've ever worn.

So far all I've applied to the boot is a layer of Obenauf LP.

13. Brian Itzaina

Brian Itzaina Well-Known Member

What size boot/shoe do you wear?
    thanks,
    Brian

14. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

What colour boots you got there ?

Along with Obeneaufs, I generally polish mine with kiwi or saphir, whichever is to hand.

15. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

A layer of shoe polish will also help darken the colour.

16. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

LP. Nasty Montreal winters were doing a number on the boots.

17. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Wear the crap out of them anyway, so what if they're darker? :) If you're wearing them as actual boots (sounds like you are), the LP will just make them last a whole lot longer, and they'll still look great as they patina (maybe even better).

18. AmericanLion

AmericanLion Well-Known Member

Best way to oil your boots? My obes leather oil just came in and I am ready to get my boots oiled so I can start wearing them!

19. JonChops

JonChops Member

I was stoked about these boots after I bought them... But a month in and look:

[​IMG]

And here's a comparison of the non unravelling stitching: [​IMG]

Wolverine wants me to ship them in to them for a return, but I'm guessing the shipping would cost the same as the repair. So I'm either going to throw in the towel on these boots and cut my losses, or take a chance and get the repair at a local cobbler. Does anyone have a recommendation for a cobbler on the west suburbs of Chicago or downtown?

Also, has anyone had any issues like mine with these boots?

20. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

'Throw in the towel' for an inch of loose thread? Go introduce yourself to any shoe repair guy...easy fix :sarcasm: