Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. CTfunk

CTfunk Well-Known Member

Yes! It was a trick question indeed!

Nah, I didn't provide enough details that was my bad. When I was checking out the boots in-store I found that sizing down half a size was the most appropriate choice, not realizing that I was wearing no-show socks with my CP's at the time. So a month and a half later I purchased a pair online, naturally thinking that I should size down (from a 9 to 8.5).

When I got them I found the fit to be rather narrow not even with thick wool socks but merely average crew-socks (albeit no problem length-wise). So I'm reflecting on whether I should have stuck to my normal size. That said, if the leather on the 1000 mile boots do tend to stretch more as you've described, then it may still accommodate my foot in the long-run.

Red Wing Beckmans and Iron Rangers seem to fit me just fine in US 9's, though they also fit slightly narrow to start (even with my normal size), but I digress.

Thanks for your reply, cheers.

2. ShiroiAkuma

ShiroiAkuma Senior member

I'd wear them on carpet for a few hours and if your feet hurt then they are to small, also remember that your feet swell after you're on your feet for a bit.
    They do make them in wider sizes, maybe E?

3. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

anyone know if there are any stores in nyc that carry the wolverine 1000 boots? thats probably best way to get sizing figured out

4. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Epaulet and Leffot.

So we're getting in a couple of the 1k boot care kits, a couple of messenger bags from the 1K line and the Emerson and Rowan boots in size runs.

Down to 9.5 and a 10 in the rust originals.

5. xdawes23

xdawes23 Senior member

My new pair of 1000 miles came with a starter care kit, and I'm not sure which one to use Leather creme or the Leather conditioner?

I watched the 1000 mile care video and he pointed out to try not to get the boots wet, and to always wipe your boots dry afterwards. How necessary is this? Whats the best waterproof application that I can apply? I live in a rather rainy city.

Thanks

6. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

You haven't read much of this thread or the one on the 721s have you? In a nutshell I've worn these boots in conditions that would make you cry and that includes fully submersed for hours on end. Been doing so for better than 3 years already.

7. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

FWIW, My normal show size is US 10. For my Beckman, I went with 9.5 and for my W1K, I sized down a full size to 9 even though most people seem to only size down 1/2 size. So far, the 9 fits very well. I imagine it has to do with the shape of your feet and how you like your shoes/boots fit.

Good luck!

8. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

This mirrors my situation:
    Brannock-10
    Beckman-9.5 (slightly large but OK)
    W1K-9 (perfect)

9. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Does this creasing on my boot look excessive? Right boot isn't creasing as much, got my 1K's in 10, which is my Alden Indy size, and those don't crease like this.

[​IMG]

10. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Dave just forwarded your email about this to me and I replied. In short it's not a big deal.

11. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Thanks bud, reply sent :slayer:

12. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Ditto, have fun with the brown boots.......

13. Midnight

Midnight Well-Known Member

There is now a Wolverine store at 242 Elizabeth street in New York. It's supposed to be a pop-up. So not sure how long it will be around for.

14. Brian Itzaina

Brian Itzaina Well-Known Member

How can one judge when a shoe is being broken in vs being abused? I like how you've work your boots, I purchased a pair of addisons in black and they look too dressy to wear with jeans and a sweater (usuall wear this time of year at work) Ive been wearing them very casually but I'm finding more and more small scuffs here n there that will eventually look bad. Should I keep wearing them regularly and let them get patina or should I baby them and let them slowely break in and create patina?
    Im almost about to buy a pair of regular 1000 miles to have for everyday and keeping these addisons for nicer occasions. Thoughts?

15. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

It is normal. I have two pair of 1000 mile boots, and some parts of them crease like this. I guess CXL is made out of different part of the ******** (what animal is CXL made from?), and depending on the body part that corresponds to it can crease differently?