Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Roostertxp

Roostertxp Well-Known Member

If its warm. Wear shorts. Want an everyday boot. Anyone wear with shorts?

2. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

Did some Googling and found out what the mysterious new cap toe boot is:

http://lyramag.blogspot.com/2012/11/wolverine-wolverine-1000-mile-footwear.html

Scroll down the page and look for Krause Boot, named after Wolverine founder. Apparently it is going to be priced at $550 and is made Horween[​IMG] Dublin Leather. And here is info on the Dublin leather:

http://horween.wordpress.com/2011/11/04/essex-and-dublin/

basically "take a top quality cowhide and tan it with the same liquor we use to tan shell cordovan"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5QGwWhtpZ3o/UJJ30JkG4wI/AAAAAAABGaw/Ex-RMVF_VhM/s1600/IMG_5744.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Hh7dwkADhVc/UJJ36TPiFnI/AAAAAAABGa8/vSuw7uAHCu0/s1600/IMG_5745.JPG

3. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

4. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Great info, thanks for sharing.

5. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Some of those I've seen. The rep didn't have all the Spring 1Ks with him when he came by a while back.

Wearing 1Ks with shorts. Boots shorts and hiking is done all the time and really doesn't look bad. I think part of that is because hikers tend to wear technical clothing made for hiking or other outdoor activities so the look works because it's not disjointed.

6. Roostertxp

7. CTfunk

CTfunk Well-Known Member

Just got my 1000 mile boots in a US 8.5, a half size smaller than my normal size; no issues lengthwise, but it is slightly narrower than I had expected, I'd like to confirm that the shoes will eventually stretch out.

8. ShiroiAkuma

ShiroiAkuma Senior member

Is this a trick question? Leather does stretch, the leather 1000's are made from tends to stretch slightly more then average cheap leathers. But playing the guessing game from your vaguely detailed post, we have no way of knowing the answer for your situation.

9. ShiroiAkuma

I agree, but 1k's aren't hiking boots. Maybe put some Danner's on with some shorts on the trail, but 1k's just don't have any hiking boot properties. To each there own though.

10. mike134

mike134 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't pay $550 for Krause boot. At that point, may as well get the Shell Cordovan version.​

11. Roostertxp

Oh. I thought the crane hiked in his. Maybe I misread. I thought these were god hiking boots.

12. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

Well, I much prefer the cap toe on the Krause boot than the one on the 744. Plus, the official price of the 744 is 700+ For that price, I'd prefer paying less and get a pair of Alden.

It remains to be seen what the Dublin is like. There isn't many products made out of this new type of Horween leather yet. If I can get a pair of Krause for 400-450 on eBay I may consider it.

13. Yaroslav Von

Yaroslav Von New Member

Hello there folks, I really need some help...

I'm reading this thread for some time now, yet I cant decide on wich size I should get, and as I live in Europe, I really dont want to send the shoes back to the US because it will probably take a very long time and much hassle. So, the question is: if I wear CAT's Indiana FX shoes, size 9, should I also order Wolverine with 9 size, or should I size down anyway? Isnt Wolverine the same manufacturer than Caterpillar shoes? Do they size the same or the 1000 mile is bigger anyway, despite the fact they do both? Thanx.

14. ShiroiAkuma

AE has a whole line using the leather, and it's been out for a while now. Stop by a nordstrom and check it out.

15. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

They're good light hiking boots but I have Vibram half soles on mine too. Basically they're just fine for rolling hills and flatland hiking. Once the grade gets up around 3 then you're better off with boots made specifically for the task.

I still have a pair or two of the rust 1Ks on the shelf and browns coming this week....