Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. evacuatingheaven

evacuatingheaven Well-Known Member

First off - thanks to Crane's for all of the great info. I didn't order my boots from you because I needed them really quickly, but I will most likely be ordering a pair from you in the future.

Question from a leather/boot novice: Is the white creasing in the toe normal? I applied two coats of snoseal and then wore them for about a month on a trip. They weren't exposed to much rain or anything.

[​IMG]

I'm going to apply some Obenauf's this weekend, but wanted to see if this is maybe snoseal leaking out, just how these look or something else.

2. johnnyhandsome

johnnyhandsome Active Member

3. doublebb

doublebb Well-Known Member

edit

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  4. johnnyhandsome

Make that 54 pairs: I pulled the trigger on a size 8.5.

$400 for a $725 shoe! Fingers crossed that I didn't get screwed...

5. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

It should be ok. I bought a pair of yet-to-be-released #8 color CXL 1000 mile boot from him and it arrives in perfect condition. I'm now thinking about the 721....

6. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

Wait, his item description and listing title is describing the CXL boot that I bougtht from him. Perhaps he probably somehow thought they were the same boot ...

You should email him before he ships your boot out

7. johnnyhandsome

That'd be the 744, right? Did you have to size down a half step?

I'm usually a size 9, but I bought a pair of 1000 mile Burtons in 8.5. I assume it's the same for any model.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  8. johnnyhandsome

Doh.

Will do, thanks.

9. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

No that is not the 744.

It just the regular plain toe CXL 1000 mile boot in burgundy color. It's not on Wolverne website yet but it is definitely coming soon. Check a few pages back of this thread, I have posted some photos of it.

10. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

White creasing appears whenever you apply too much wax. Granted, snoseal is not polishing wax, but it is still made out of wax. This happens when the layer of wax on top of the leather fracture. Try brushing the crease with a horsehair brush. It that doesn't help, use a hair dryer to warm up the wax n that area and then wipe them off. If that still doesn't help, there are always some products that are designed to remove wax...

11. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Looks normal to me. Have you tried brushing it off ?

12. evacuatingheaven

evacuatingheaven Well-Known Member

I thought that might be it but wasn't sure. Thanks.

13. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

Nonsense. Show me a high end manufacturer who sells seconds with legitimate structural defects. I've purchased multiple seconds and never had such an issue. Sure, there's always a scratch, cut, or similar, but I sure as hell haven't had any of them literally fall apart at the seams after ten wears. Perhaps you haven't purcahsed seconds before - seconds have visual issues, not full on structural issues.

I'm not asking them to fix something that happened after, say, the events your boots have been through. I do, however, think a company should stand behind their product for things that are clearly and unquestionably structural manufacturing defects. I've had, and know others who have had, structural defects with AE seconds and AE has agreed to replace the shoe. Or, they should amend their seconds policy and not sell pieces of shit that they knew were going to fall apart.

At the end of the day, we're talking about a pair of boots that, even at seconds pricing, cost $609. I'm not complaining that some glued-together Kenneth Cole loafers didn't last ten years. I'm complaining that handmade boots that are sold as the highest quality and cost more than most peoples' car payments fell apart after ten or twelve wears to places like my office and Target and the grocery store. If you think that's unreasonable, you're certainly not anybody I'd ever want to do business with.

It's fine. I'll get them fixed, sell them, and sure as hell never purchase a pair of Wolverines again.

14. ShiroiAkuma

ShiroiAkuma Senior member

$609 for seconds...? That's certainly not the norm, not to mention they don't actually sell seconds. So what you bought was a defective boot. it's been asked a few time, where did you buy this from?

15. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member