Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

[​IMG]

My #8 1000 mile boots under not too strong sunlight

2. ohharro

ohharro Member

So I have a problem with my Wolverine 1000 boots - the left boot is smaller than my boot. Before anyone asks me if it's actually due to my feet being different sizes (they are), the left boot does measure about a 1/8 inch shorter in length. I believe that's about equal to what's associated with a half size difference.

I will be exchanging these boots, but since I don't have any Wolverine retail stores nearby, I can't try on different pairs to figure out my correct size. The boots I have now are a size 9.5. The little toes on my left foot do push into the outside of the boot when I take a step (in mid-weight socks, like those Costco wool blend ones). I'm not sure if my smaller left boot or my larger right boot is indicative of a true 9.5 size. If it turns out that's it's the smaller left boot, I'll size up.

Here's where I need help. If anyone has the 1K boots in a size 9.5 or 10, could you provide length measurements (rather than the footprint, measuring with the measuring tape flush with the sole will be easier for me)? This will help me out a lot, hopefully requiring me to go through one successful exchange instead of potentially two. Thanks.

3. Remeny

Remeny Member

I have a size 9.5 and will get the measurements for you when I get home tonight. I wore mine for the first time yesterday and it was a long day which included trick-or-treating with my kiddos, so it was a great way to test the boots. I have to say they are extremely comfortable and great looking boots. As so many have already mentioned, the leather is such great quality. Here's a pic I took real quickly yesterday:
    [​IMG]

4. Remeny

Remeny Member

Ohharro,

My 9.5 size boot measured 1 foot 2/16 inches and both were just about identical. I hope this helps.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012

5. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Those are not black cherry; they are 9016, cigar featherstone. There's no red or purple in the tones on my screen.

9016 is so nice; I need a pair.

6. digga

digga Senior member

I oiled these about a week ago... seems to have made the abrasions a bit more noticeable. Anyway, do I need to clean this with anything more than a damp rag and a brush before I snow seal them again for the winter? Also, will the dull spots sorta blend in over time, or do I need to do something to keep the leather from getting gnarred out in those spots?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

A wet rag and a brush should do and yes over time all the abrasions and what not will blend together.

The 10.5 brown 1Ks are still sitting on the shelf in the back room. We'll be open from 8 til 1 tomorrow cause it's deer season. That's a hint.

8. trophybuck135

trophybuck135 Active Member

Hey guys, Do these boots stretch a little in the toe box area after they are broke in? Does the heel sink in also?

I am either a 10.5 or a 11. The 10.5 feels tight all around but has no heel slippage, and the 11 feels great in the toe box but has quite a bit of heel slippage.

Thanks

9. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Better slightly too large than too small. You can always adjust with thicker socks and/or inner sole and/or heel cup.

10. JDMFanatic

JDMFanatic Well-Known Member

I know this question has been beat to death, but is there any way to get the plain RUSTS in a size 9.5 on any discount? Will the Co Star Style store in Austin still give me a deal if I call in?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012

11. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

12. bl@ster

[email protected] Senior member

Found this pic online. Anyone know if/when the captoe boot on the top row will be released and if so will it be available in North America?

[​IMG]

13. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

I've said this about a thousand times. Pick up the phone and call 573-254-3311. We're actually open til 1 or so today because it's deer season.

Looks like the Rockford and it should be readily available already.

14. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

The captoe at the bottom row is the Rockford, but those on the top row are not. They look awesome!

15. ShiroiAkuma

ShiroiAkuma Senior member

You mean the women's boot?