1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

The original 1K does come in an extra wide these days if I remember right. I can't remember which colors though. From what I'm hearing from you it sounds like a 9 EW would be just about right. Call the store tomorrow and see if the color you're looking for is available in EW.

Yes we're open this Sunday from 8 til 2pm.

Me and Dave did a little talking today about the new luggage that's part of the USA made 1000 mile line. We're going to do a mini review of the messenger and next week sometime I'll have a duffel in so I'll be taking pics, measuring dimensions and so on. Oh and we're making deals on that messenger. PM me for a price shipped in the US....

2. EdinLA44

EdinLA44 Member

Thanks for the info and all your help to this forum. I'd like to be able to try on a 9D and a 9E side-by-side to see/feel the difference before pulling the trigger. I'm not sure what a padded insole may do to the fit. I may go by Nordstrom and measure my foot on that metal measuring thingy and see what it says. I'd also like to compare the rust to the brown and now I've noticed a W1K in a No. 8 Cordovan. Then of course there's the Krause coming out (although I'm not sure what Dublin leather is). Ahh decisions, decisions.

3. Moridin

Moridin Member

I also had the same issue with you. I had to get the 12D as any size lower was too tight. From what I saw, the only other size that's available are the EEE, and I think those will be too wide for me. But as you want to put an insole in, your might want to try them.

4. EdinLA44

EdinLA44 Member

I think you're right. It's either a D width or EEE and I know the EEE would be too wide. I guess for me the W1K is true to size.

5. JDMFanatic

JDMFanatic Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I sno sealed my boots and I've been wearing them, but I'm not exactly a huge fan of this waxy/tackier finish and I've heard that Montana Pitch or Obenauf's would be better looking... Not sure if I just didnt buff/brush then enough... but ive been rubbing and brushing for an awfully long time

Will this waxy/tacky finish wear off eventually if I keep wearing them? or would I have to actually remove the sno seal somehow? I actually dont care that much about it, but just wondering.

6. blkhwk4502

blkhwk4502 New Member

I bought these boots on my NYC trip and it came with this kit. I forgot to take out the conditioner and put it in my check in bag. Needless to say security took my conditioner and let everything else pass.

My question is, is there another conditioner I should get or will the creme that is in the kit be enough to clean and protect? I've had the boots for 2 months and haven't applied any product. I'm in Houston so we don't deal with snow and we are going through a small drought.

7. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Thanks to an incident I got myself into while rock hunting it became necessary for me to wear insoles with my 1Ks and they are TTS. The insoles haven't made that much of a difference. The only time I notice a fit change is when I'm wearing heavy wool socks.

You aren't going to remove the snoseal. The three products you've mentioned are all heavy with beeswax and that wax is what protects the leather from moisture. I'm not sure where you heard that PB or LP shines up better because none of them shine up really. Over time the waxy feeling will go away. Now with all of that said the leather itself is heavy with oil and wax and that's part of the tanning process. All of the talk about oils and beeswax compounds you here us yakking about is designed to replace the oils and waxes in this type of leather. "I" don't worry about chromexcel, predator or inferno leather feeling oily or waxy. It's supposed to be that way and when it isn't I have plenty of oil and beeswax to fix that.

I'm also wondering if you snosealed them using the method I have outlined? Without sufficient heat snoseal and the rest of the heavy duty treatments just sit on the surface.

8. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

This was my thought as well. My sno-sealed boots do not come off as overtly waxy.

9. JDMFanatic

JDMFanatic Well-Known Member

I followed your method exactly, and most of it soaked right into the leather. The coating is not overly waxy at all, just ever so slightly waxy. I'm a boot noob, so that's probably why I'm being so nitpicky with my CXL. I wont worry about it haha

10. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

CXL is not like regular leather, is doesn't has a shine but more of a glow.

11. natels

natels Member

I've been reading this thread for a few days after seeing these boots on sale for half off ($167) at a local store here in Chicago. I decided to pull the trigger on some tan ones as the price was ridiculous. Here they are, 3 miles in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  12. moonshine

moonshine Member

Good stuff, natels! I love that color! Hope you enjoy them as much as I have my rust-colored 1k's!

13. Fiziks

Fiziks Member

That's a crazy price!! Please tell me where you picked these up?? I'm in Chicago and have been looking for Wolverines on sale!

14. natels

natels Member

The Akira Men's Store on North Ave near Damen. I checked it out on a whim and it was definitely worth it. I know they had a 10, 10.5+ in the tan color, 7.5 in rust, and not sure about black. I'm not entirely sure if the sale extended passed this weekend, but it is definitely worth a shot, seems like they're dumping inventory.

15. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

Wore mine while helping a buddy out in Colorado search for a new plot of land. Just a little elbow grease and you'd never notice.

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

=

[​IMG]

16. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Topy on that sole?

Nice clean-up; looks good.

17. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Sure looks like it Mario.

18. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

Oh absolutely. If I didn't have a topy on there I'd probably be getting on near resoling at this point.

19. ohharro

ohharro Member

Wow, your rust boots look exactly like the brown now.

20. twocoloreyes

twocoloreyes Active Member

hey guys, i realize that this is a mens clothing place, but does anyone know if the womens 1000 miles run large as well?