Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. izzyfuld

izzyfuld Well-Known Member

I'm heading back later tonight for their grand opening. ill try to grab some sweet pics

2. cthip

cthip Senior member

store is drool worthy, photos won't do it justice but will be posted tomorrow anyway. Probably.

You're a lot better off just coming to NYC, store well be here at least six months, hopefully longer if it does well. Come see for yourself.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

3. izzyfuld

izzyfuld Well-Known Member

my girlfriend kept reminding me to close my mouth hehe
    so i picked up my brand spanking new tan addisons (for FREE) and being as they were so incredibly nice there the manager/ sales president threw in a full 1000 mile shoe car kit and a super sweet 1000 mile keychain.
    he also gave me a hint on the 744s- he wouldnt say but he made a "smoking cigar" motion. dark and rich brown?
    sounds way too sweet

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I picked up this pair today. They are very light...lighter than any other shoes/boots I own from the like of Red Wing, Alden, Tricker's, etc.
    [​IMG]

5. Jack Hazer

Jack Hazer Member

Not to interject but I had a concern pertaining to a new pair of the Wolverine 1000 mile Rockford. I have owned this pair for about a week now and have recently noticed two thin areas of leather, toward the heel of the boot (one on either boot), where the lower meets the upper. The thin areas are actually on the upper, just above the stitching. Is this a legitimate concern or nothing at all?... the two small areas have lighted in color slightly, I suppose from mild stretching/wear. I am afraid of overly stretching these areas to the point of weakness.

6. BrizzleCizzle

BrizzleCizzle Senior member

Can you take and upload photos so we can get a better idea of exactly what it looks like?

7. cthip

cthip Senior member

sorry photos aren't the greatest quality, taken on my phone, had a few beers, and was trying to mostly stay out of people's way while taking photos

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    actual vintage lasts from the wolverine factory

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the ladies' boots don't get a lot of love on this forum (last night was actually the first time i'd seen them!) but i think they look pretty sweet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    actual vintage timeclock from wolverine factory

and my 1k after a shine
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  8. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

9. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

the brown/tan wingtips in the first pic :slayer:

10. Jack Hazer

Jack Hazer Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The darker, thinner area on the right inside of the boot is the are of concern.

11. BrizzleCizzle

BrizzleCizzle Senior member

What does it look like from the outside? The darker area on the inside is just the track where the machine that joined those pieces of leather ran. It could easily be just some grease that was left on the machine. Does it feel noticeably thinner? The look from the outside will add some value to or reroute this diagnosis.

12. Jack Hazer

Jack Hazer Member

The area I had described was noticeably thin, which I observed while cleaning. The exterior was lightened slightly through wear; however, I have no experience with this style of boot. Not to diverge, but I have been wearing all leather cowboy boots for at least a decade. I have acquired an isolated knowledge of boots through boot makers that I have known personally. I have never known of a boot that utilizes such thin leather, but then again, I have only worn cowboy boots and ropers. Ideas please!

13. Jack Hazer

Jack Hazer Member

When I say thin I mean 2-3 mm thin btw

14. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Senior member

15. Christoph

Christoph Senior member

People were talking about sales within the past two weeks, anyone know of any that are going on currently? Looking to grab a pair of plain browns.