1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. jrs19

jrs19 Active Member

why do you dislike chromexel

2. seer

seer Senior member

It just looks bad, never shines up well, dull.Scratches real easy. Creases funny too. Not like my other leathers.

I recently bought an old pair of Red Wing Boots, in good old calfskin...

[​IMG]

With a little TLC they are now stunning. The pictures to not do them justice!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  3. althanis

althanis Senior member

If you order from the US and have it shipped to Canada, expect to pay duties. I ordered mine from Revolve when they were still doing the discount, and I got charged.

Edit: It was still cheaper than buying it locally in Canada at those ridiculous prices they have here.

4. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Meh, I still think you can shine up CXL enough for a mixed-purpose boot:

I like the pull-up nature and the way they crease.

Though, my RedWing Beckman's can be mirrored quite easily if that's your preference, that's true.

Also, the W1K shell can take a shine nicely - check out the pic in my sig :)

5. jrs19

jrs19 Active Member

right, oops, i meant send me a photo. however, if you have a change of mind and want to send me a new pair of tans in 11.5 i'll gladly break them in, take photos of them, and give you credit? thanks. they're gorgeous.

6. seer

seer Senior member

Yeah, more or less. It's a matter of personal preference - some guys really like CXL, I just don't.

7. Moridin

Moridin Member

Well these shoes just hate me. I tried on the 11.5 Brown W1k, and the were still snug around the bridge area, seems like my feet are too wide, so i guess im going to try to find a pair in EEE width. NO idea where ill find that locally.

Any suggestions, is there a chance that the boot will stretch to my foot ? or should i not risk it and go for the EEE width ?

8. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Figure out the right length and order the trip E's.

9. digga

digga Senior member

Still looking for thoughts on this, here is a closer pic. Basically just missing the stitches in the bottom of the rectangle. It looks like a reinforcement, not sure how difficult this is to fix.

[​IMG]

10. jabberwock1977

jabberwock1977 Senior member

That happened to mine shortly after I bought them 2 years ago. I think I just tied a knot to stop it getting worse. It's been fine ever since.

However, I seem to remember someone on here had the same issue and contacted wolverine who gave him a new pair.

11. 2doubleu

2doubleu Well-Known Member

Wolverine are made in US so shouldn't be hit with duty (no?) - prob just HST or possible BS brokerage fees.... but agreed still slightly less than paying full retail here.

Sorry to hear about your luck bro... I would suggest get your foot measured so you know your proper size when ordering. Lot of good resources online if you don't have time to pop into a local shop.

12. althanis

althanis Senior member

I wouldn't let that stop me from enjoying my boots.

13. Moridin

Moridin Member

Ya, i am not sure.

I printed out the online pdf and did a quick measurement, and it seems like i am a 11, and the width on the chart was right between a W9 (D) and WA (E).

LOL, so based on that, the shoes from lastnight should have been fine. At this point i am at a total loss. Based on this chart, a EEE would be REALLY wide for me, so not sure what to do. Id hate to order a pair of the 11.5 EEE from crane to just return it.

14. seer

seer Senior member

David do you accept Pay Pal yet and do you have a size 10 Russett in stock still? Thanks, Jim

15. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

Someone please buy a pair of Krause and write us a detailed review :satisfied:

16. seer

seer Senior member

I'm trying but I don't think Wingtip takes pay pal.

17. taxiology

taxiology New Member

Hi Jim,

We do have the Russet in stock in size 10. And we do take PayPal, just not through the usual checkout. But if you PM me your email address, I will be happy to put you in touch with our customer service rep, Jade, who takes care of PayPal orders.

Best
    David

18. StraightDope

StraightDope Active Member

I would bring it in to a cobbler and see what they think (maybe they can re-stitch it or tie it off). It doesn't look like a critical part of the boot but if it unravels further who knows what will happen.

19. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

You might have heard something about luggage being added to the 1000 Mile line. Well that's not a rumor. We have two messenger bags in stock. They're made of waxed cotton (think Filson tincloth) and Chromexcel leather. One is olive green trimmed in black leather and the other is tan trimmed in brown leather. The interior is divided and the divider has pockets for the small stuff. (My interior pic is from the wrong side so you don't see them but they are there.) Dimensions are about 16.5 inches long, 12 inches high and about 4 inches deep. The interior is partially trimmed in nylon as well. Dave and I both like the bag and will end up with one. They look great and on those days when we don't need the 257s this messenger would fit the bill nicely.

And then there's the new boot care kit that everyone talks about but not a soul has seen. Well here it is. You get some boot oil, creme, a brush and a polishing cloth and it all fits in this really cool lined waxed cotton bank bag. Hell I'll buy one just to get the bag! Made in America as well so guess who probably made it.

So here you go and you saw it here first courtesy of Cranes Store. Oh and I still have rust and brown 1Ks sitting on the back shelf.....

[​IMG]
    Wolverine 1000 Mile Messenger Bag and Boot Care Kit by DYSong Photography, on Flickr

Yeah the messengers came in that diddy bag that's made out of light canvas. Nice touch...

[​IMG]
    Wolverine 1000 Mile Messenger Bag and Boot Care Kit by DYSong Photography, on Flickr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh how much you ask? Well the price will be announced soon enough. They aren't cheap that's for sure.

20. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Nylon lining on the inside of the flap, sides and along the bottom ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012