1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Add me to the camp of having both.

Agreed that both are solid boots and perfect for alternating them like you would with dress shoes.

I replaced the laces on my Beckman with leather one and as mentioned earlier in this thread, added commando sole to the W1K to make them more Winter friendly.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I was just rooting around on the Wolverine site to see if they'd finally started to offer anything other than the Black and Brown in 3E (they haven't, the fuckers) and saw that they're planning a some Filson collab boots. You guys who are into that should keep an eye out.

3. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

shows how thoroughly I read this thread...

5. JDMFanatic

JDMFanatic Well-Known Member

Just got my rust Wolverine 1ks... seems like the right shoe is perfect but the left shoe is a little weird here:

http://i.imgur.com/OjCC2.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/2A60n.jpg

Couldn't capture it very well, but it seems like the leather isn't really stitched down, theres a flap of leather hanging out with glue (?) all over the place, and theres also an extra stitching hole... just wondering if this is purely a cosmetic problem and that it's something that I have to take with these handmade items, or if it's actually something I need to worry about...

For reference, here's the other shoe, perfect:

http://i.imgur.com/eH1aW.jpg

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

Tough to tell from pics, but if its the welting you're talking about then no worries.

7. JDMFanatic

Yeah, it's the welting... it seems it could be a potential point of entry for water though...?

8. althanis

althanis Senior member

One of mine looks exactly like that, and I think this topic has come up before. I don't let it bother me.

9. JDMFanatic

Alright, that sounds great then!

Btw, any opinions on treating the sole? I read the whole thread and saw a few people asking, but I think the general consensus is that it's definitely not needed?

10. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

so if i wear a size 7 in most of my shoes (chucks, AE, clarks desert boots), I would then need a size 6.5? But it doesn't look like there are any sites stocking that size?

11. doublebb

doublebb Well-Known Member

Measure your foot using one of those foot measuring devices at any shoe store and go half a size smaller. Chucks and clarks DB's generally fit much different. I wear a 9 in chucks, 10 in Db's and 9.5 in 1k miles. My foot measures a true size "10"

12. lckychrmsbboy

lckychrmsbboy Senior member

I'm in the same boat as BIK201, I have small feet and not sure I could fit into a 7. A size 7 in Clarks DB are a little big and it doesn't seem like there's anything smaller than a 7 in these.

Is there a real difference from the mens and womens 1k besides the number of lace holes?

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

in case anyone's curious, they just got back to me and said they have no plans to offer anything other than the 2 1000 mile boots in 3E.

14. Roostertxp

Roostertxp Well-Known Member

Do these boots look good with shorts or just jeans?

15. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

No boots look good with shorts. Not for men.

1 person likes this.
  16. Roostertxp

Roostertxp Well-Known Member

If its warm. Wear shorts. Want an everyday boot. Anyone wear with shorts?

17. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

Did some Googling and found out what the mysterious new cap toe boot is:

http://lyramag.blogspot.com/2012/11/wolverine-wolverine-1000-mile-footwear.html

Scroll down the page and look for Krause Boot, named after Wolverine founder. Apparently it is going to be priced at $550 and is made Horween[​IMG] Dublin Leather. And here is info on the Dublin leather:

http://horween.wordpress.com/2011/11/04/essex-and-dublin/

basically "take a top quality cowhide and tan it with the same liquor we use to tan shell cordovan"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5QGwWhtpZ3o/UJJ30JkG4wI/AAAAAAABGaw/Ex-RMVF_VhM/s1600/IMG_5744.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Hh7dwkADhVc/UJJ36TPiFnI/AAAAAAABGa8/vSuw7uAHCu0/s1600/IMG_5745.JPG

18. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

19. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Great info, thanks for sharing.

20. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Some of those I've seen. The rep didn't have all the Spring 1Ks with him when he came by a while back.

Wearing 1Ks with shorts. Boots shorts and hiking is done all the time and really doesn't look bad. I think part of that is because hikers tend to wear technical clothing made for hiking or other outdoor activities so the look works because it's not disjointed.