Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. raags

raags Senior member

So my boots arrived from OTF - and the right boot is pretty badly scuffed on the front.

[​IMG]

Ideas of anything I can do about this? I suspect I might be fucked as I'm in Australia and I got a friend to proxy them down and shipping was quite expensive...

2. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Polish it with some cream & coloured wax.

They're definitely not worth sending back because, to be honest, you're going to get much bigger scratches pretty soon - unless you're walking on velvet carpet all day.

The leather on these really is quite soft and takes a mark very very easily. On the plus side, they also come good pretty quickly with a bit of love as shown in some of Crane's photos. Those marks right there will seem like a pleasant memory. I'm yet to see someone post a picture in this thread of 1ks that have been owned for some time & don't look quite beat up. It's just the nature of the beast.

Would like to be proven wrong though!

3. burnso

burnso Senior member

Raags, they'd come up ok with leather conditioner, but I wouldn't be very happy with that condition.

If I were you Id treat them with a good leather conditioner such as Obenauf's LP. Its basically wax and oil.
    I did that before first wear, and any scuffs I get rub straight out with a bit of spit on the finger.

I wouldn't put colour on them, just the leather conditioner. But that's personal choice, as the leather will appear a fair bit different depending if you use boot oil/ conditioner/ untreated/ coloured polish.

But you'd probably have to order the Obenaufs online. It'd be worth looking in RM Williams if not. Look out for boot oil as it'll apparently darken the leather a fair bit.

Few pics of my Obenaufs treated boots are a few pages back...

4. raags

raags Senior member

I'm waiting on my Obenauf's to arrive, as well as for a reply from the local Wolverine HQ, and for a reply from OTF. I'll keep you posted - thanks for the advice. Would you advice waiting to Obenauf them before I wear them out of the house? It's such a tease not quite being able to wear em!

5. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

I guess that depends on what you'll be doing. LOL! In any case I highly recommend treating them before wearing them.

6. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Senior member

Check it:

http://costarstyle.com/wolverine-1000-mile-addison-boot-tan.html

This store is in Austin and Wolverine won't let them discount the boots on the site, but if you call them they will give you 50% off all their styles of 1000 mile boot with the exception of the plain toe brown. I picked up tan Addisons for 190 after shipping.

7. NefariousSabatour

also, where is the best place to get Obenauf's? I dont want to pay seven bucks in shipping from Amazon.

8. jpc9

jpc9 Senior member

So, just call them and ask for 50% off? Is this a limited promotion? More deets please

9. NefariousSabatour

I think its a clearance. Just call them and ask them if they have your size and tell them that you know they are 50% off. They knew exactly what I was talking about when I called.

10. jpc9

jpc9 Senior member

thanks. I'll try this and report back.

11. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

No plain brown? God damn.

12. digga

digga Senior member

the black ones are $172.50 after shipping

13. jpc9

jpc9 Senior member

Thanks guys. Grabbed a pair of black, $100 off the best sale price I could find anywhere else.

14. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

15. unrooted

unrooted Senior member

I recieved my Rockfords this week, today is the second day I've worn them and most of my time is spent at my computer or in a truck. The heels on both boots is de-lamming. Not cool.
    Would you send them in to Wolverine or take em to a cobbler?

[​IMG]