1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

I contacted AE regarding the unstitched toe cap on my 744 LTD and they directed me to Wolverine, who told me that seconds are ineligible for any sort of fix from Wolverine.

I understand that these are seconds and perfection is not to be expected, but this is a clear and unquestionable manufacturing defenct. They failed to stitch a significant portion of the toe cap and that caused it to come undone. I'm going to have them fixed, sell them, and purchase a pair of Cordovan Indy boots like I should have done in the first place.

2. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

where did you buy them from?

3. mstacle

mstacle New Member

My apologies if this isn't the right place for this...
    Now that online retailers like Revolve are unable to offer price reductions on the 1000 Mile collection, is it still possible to find these boots at a decent discount? I can't seem to find the exact color and size I need on eBay, so that's out. I'm aware that wingtip.com offers "points" and free shoe trees- is this the best deal out there right now?
    For what it's worth, I am looking at the Courtland in brown.

4. izzyfuld

izzyfuld Well-Known Member

then what is shell horsehide? it it possible that they just started calling shell horsehide shell cordovan in the past 50 years?

5. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  6. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

Call Crane's store, or wait patiently till the right color & size combination show up on eBay. I bought both pairs of my 1000 boots on eBay for less than $250 each.

7. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

They're seconds because there is a defect in the manufacturing and are typically sold as is with no warranty. That's the nature of the beast and you knew it going into the deal. Sometimes going for the cheap works and sometimes it doesn't. I'm not sure why you think Wolverine or any other manufacturer is going to give you a first warranty on a second.

You didn't call the store did you?

8. mstacle

mstacle New Member

Indeed, I did!
    edit: it was around an hour and a half ago.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  9. private eyes

private eyes Senior member

Im not sure if this has been brought up, but does anyone know how the alden indy last compares to the 1000 mile? As in, is a D width the same in both boots. Thanks

10. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

For both boots they say to size down a half size.

I have both and yes this worked just fine.

11. evacuatingheaven

evacuatingheaven Well-Known Member

First off - thanks to Crane's for all of the great info. I didn't order my boots from you because I needed them really quickly, but I will most likely be ordering a pair from you in the future.

Question from a leather/boot novice: Is the white creasing in the toe normal? I applied two coats of snoseal and then wore them for about a month on a trip. They weren't exposed to much rain or anything.

[​IMG]

I'm going to apply some Obenauf's this weekend, but wanted to see if this is maybe snoseal leaking out, just how these look or something else.

12. johnnyhandsome

johnnyhandsome Active Member

13. doublebb

doublebb Well-Known Member

edit

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  14. johnnyhandsome

Make that 54 pairs: I pulled the trigger on a size 8.5.

$400 for a $725 shoe! Fingers crossed that I didn't get screwed...

15. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

It should be ok. I bought a pair of yet-to-be-released #8 color CXL 1000 mile boot from him and it arrives in perfect condition. I'm now thinking about the 721....

16. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

Wait, his item description and listing title is describing the CXL boot that I bougtht from him. Perhaps he probably somehow thought they were the same boot ...

You should email him before he ships your boot out

17. johnnyhandsome

That'd be the 744, right? Did you have to size down a half step?

I'm usually a size 9, but I bought a pair of 1000 mile Burtons in 8.5. I assume it's the same for any model.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  18. johnnyhandsome

Doh.

Will do, thanks.

19. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

No that is not the 744.

It just the regular plain toe CXL 1000 mile boot in burgundy color. It's not on Wolverne website yet but it is definitely coming soon. Check a few pages back of this thread, I have posted some photos of it.

20. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

White creasing appears whenever you apply too much wax. Granted, snoseal is not polishing wax, but it is still made out of wax. This happens when the layer of wax on top of the leather fracture. Try brushing the crease with a horsehair brush. It that doesn't help, use a hair dryer to warm up the wax n that area and then wipe them off. If that still doesn't help, there are always some products that are designed to remove wax...