1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

The difference is in the stitching up top. I don't see that on any of the boots on the site.

There appears to be some model numbers out there that may not be for sale on the wolverine site and is a dealer only thing. Some of our other vendors do this too.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  2. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I wonder what the stats would reveal? what lasts longer, the average marriage or a pair of Wolverine 1k's?

3. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Hmmm, since the typical marriage lasts about 8 years in the US I'll bet on the 1Ks. I've already said that I can see these boots lasting more than 10 years easily so....

If you think about it that's pretty pathetic thing to say.

4. ohharro

ohharro Member

I appreciate the help, Remeny. Looks like that's the same size as my shorter left boot. If anyone has a size 10 pair of boots, could you provide measurements for the boots as well? I'd like to know the difference between the two sizes. Thanks.

5. haiglarsen

haiglarsen Well-Known Member

My 10's are 12 9/16".

6. SLAB

SLAB Senior member

my apologies for the sizing question but if i wear size 8D in alden barrie/trubalance and size 7.5 in Red wings, which would be the size to get in the 1K?

7. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Same as your Red Wings IME YRMV.

8. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

The captoe boots on the top row appear to also have 360 degree storm welts as well. I like the plain captoe more than the perforated toes on the 744. I prefer speed hooks though.

9. digga

digga Senior member

10. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Well, if the wife gets the boots in the divorce settlement does it really matter?

11. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

X2. The full-eyelets on my Beckman's is really aggravating.

12. ohharro

ohharro Member

Thanks haiglarsen. Wow, so the difference between the 9.5 and 10 is 7/16 of an inch. I thought half sizes differed by about 1/6 of an inch. Now I'm thinking that it might still be safer to go with a 9.5 and hope for a little stretch than to move up to a size 10. That pretty much guarantees having to double sock it all the time.

13. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

I switched over to leather laces from the stock waxed laces for the reason that they loosen up easily when I taje the boots off.

14. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

15. Patek

Patek Senior member

Still don't own a pair but my girlfriend is loving hers. Was polishing some shoes yesterday and I hit hers up with some shoe cream to minimize a scratch from the dog.

May eventually KOP after another pair of boots dies.

16. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

Well... got my 744s out the other night to give them a quick brushing before wearing the next day. Noticed that the right toe cap (744 LTD) is coming unstitched. Contacted AE (they actually made the boot) and they directed me to Wolverine. I've worn the boots 10-12 times, only to the office/airport/running errands. They got caught in the rain the last time I wore them and immediately this stitching flaw become evident. It appears to me that they glued the toe cap down and tried to sell the boot. The stitching stops an inch or so from the welt.

I really hope they make this right, else I'm going to retrench further into my AE/Alden-only shoe mindset.

17. ShiroiAkuma

ShiroiAkuma Senior member

I'm a little confused and maybe photos would help, but you didn't notice that the stichting stopped an inch from the welt until now? I'm assuming I'm miss understanding. Either way you will not be able to go through AE, they made them for Wolverine so in this case they are completely removed from the process unless for some reason Wolverine returns them for repair to AE (which is highly unlikely).
    They have stood behind their product in the past and don't see why this would be an exception. Who did you buy these from?

18. izzyfuld

izzyfuld Well-Known Member

19. izzyfuld

izzyfuld Well-Known Member

20. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Shell horsehide ≠ Shell cordovan.