• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

blastair

Reaction score
Just contacted Revolve Clothing about their New Customer Discount, and they said that they are unable to offer it for Wolverine products (among a list of others). Has anyone recently had any luck getting this discount?

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just contacted Revolve Clothing about their New Customer Discount, and they said that they are unable to offer it for Wolverine products (among a list of others). Has anyone recently had any luck getting this discount?

LOL, damn, that sucks. Everyone was taking advantage of that hard.

I hit some trails with my 1K's this weekend. Only wadded some very shallow/rocky cricks. Slopes were very slippery on the wet leather sole - may have to commando this in due time. Wiped down the boots after and they look completely unchanged. So much for trying to distress them a bit
tongue.gif
Guess I'll just have to wear them to the office again this week...

stelz

Reaction score
I got the same response when I contacted them about it a few weeks ago (luckily I had not ordered the boots yet). I contacted On the Fly the next day and they, too, said they were no longer doing any type of discount on the Wolverines.

blastair

Reaction score
I got the same response when I contacted them about it a few weeks ago (luckily I had not ordered the boots yet). I contacted On the Fly the next day and they, too, said they were no longer doing any type of discount on the Wolverines.

Rats. Looks like I'll need to do some more searching to find a good discount.

Willie5566

Reaction score
Order from On the Fly quick before they find out that Revolve will no longer do it. I just ordered from them two weeks ago and they gave me the discount.

raags

Reaction score
Just ordered Snoseal for my soon-to-arrive 1k miles in Rust. Are there any LPs that won't darken the leather significantly? Or is Obenauf's my only/best bet and to just accept the darkening?

tmchow

Reaction score
I recently discovered the 1000 mile boots and heard they were popular.. then I came across this thread and can't believe how much you all love these boots. I've been looking for a pair of boots that are not only comfortable, but will last a long time and go with my style.

I won't be hiking and walking through streams like some of you in this thread and will mostly be wearing them in urban environments.

I recently saw these at local department store, and the salesguy said they were a brand new style. I couldn't find them anywhere on the Wolverine site nor mentioned here. Can anyone tell me about these such as the type of leather? I've never tried on a pair of 1k's before this, but these were absurdly comfortable and already felt broken in.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Regardless if Revolve will give me the discount, they don't have my size. Does anyone know where I could find a brown 1000 mile in size 10 as cheap as possible? Much appreciated!

Last edited:

aussiejake

Reaction score
Regardless if Revolve will give me the discount, they don't have my size. Does anyone know where I could find a brown 1000 mile in size 10? Much appreciated!

You can order them in (special order) if you really can't find any other options.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I recently discovered the 1000 mile boots and heard they were popular.. then I came across this thread and can't believe how much you all love these boots. I've been looking for a pair of boots that are not only comfortable, but will last a long time and go with my style.

I won't be hiking and walking through streams like some of you in this thread and will mostly be wearing them in urban environments.

I recently saw these at local department store, and the salesguy said they were a brand new style.  I couldn't find them anywhere on the Wolverine site nor mentioned here. Can anyone tell me about these such as the type of leather?  I've never tried on a pair of 1k's before this, but these were absurdly comfortable and already felt broken in.

They look like the Montgomery style in a new leather./color.

ShiroiAkuma

Reaction score
They look like the Montgomery style in a new leather./color.
Well Sir, you saw the new stuff so you tell us. Is this something you saw/ordered for the new season?
I wish I bought the black cap toes

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well Sir, you saw the new stuff so you tell us. Is this something you saw/ordered for the new season? 
I wish I bought the black cap toes

The rep doesn't show up with every color and style. What you do is get the style number on the box. With that I can tell you what it is.

blastair

Reaction score
Order from On the Fly quick before they find out that Revolve will no longer do it. I just ordered from them two weeks ago and they gave me the discount.

Contacted On the Fly, and here was the response. Anyone looking to buy these boots might find it useful:

Hello,

Unfortunately we do not do price matching with Revolve because they do not have an official discount and Wolverine has advised that neither Revolve or On The Fly are allowed to offer this discount on their boots. They have very strict rules regarding price structure with their distributors in order to ensure that it is fair to everyone who sells their products. As we are one of the largest distributors of Wolverine boots, we have to respect this otherwise we may lose our right to be an authorized dealer. I have confirmed that Revolve is no longer offering this discount on Wolverine products as well.

We are however doing a moving sale for 15% off all full-priced items by using the promotion code 550MONTGOMERY and remember that we offer complimentary shoe trees with shoes over $250 as well as our frequent flyer program that offers you 10% back in rewards points after 30 days of your purchase to use on future orders. You will need to check the box during checkout to sign up for the program. The sale ends August 10th so I would recommend you place your order before that date in order to obtain the most savings.

I am sorry again for the inconvenience but hopefully you decide to make your purchase through us.

Sincerely,

Jade Le

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads