• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison Boot Review

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I ended up with a pair of these in tan so here we go again with another long term test and review. There's plenty of people who own this boot so let's see the pics of what you have and let's hear your thoughts on 'em. Here's mine fresh from the box. Out of the box they were very oily so I'm not going to treat them right away. About 15 minutes after taking the pics I took the dogs for a walk in the nice wet snow that got dumped on us. Yeah, I'm not going to be nice to these at all but that shouldn't come as a surprise. Wolverine Boots Tan Addison 1 by DYSong Photography, on Flickr Wolverine Boots Tan Addison 2 by DYSong Photography, on Flickr Wolverine Boots Tan Addison 3 by DYSong Photography, on Flickr Wolverine Boots Tan Addison 4 by DYSong Photography, on Flickr My monitor is calibrated and I tweaked the pics a bit to get as close to the true color of these boots as I can.

Mercuryman76

Reaction score
Looking forward to your review. I love these boots. Have the tan and just ordered the brown as well.

DSC00357.jpg

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorman
I'm also interested in seeing how they have developed! Also, how is the sizing on the Addison? I'm assuming it's the same as the original? .5 - 1 down?
I wear my size which is 8.5. It seems a lot of people do size down but I don't. Somewhere in the monster review thread I explained why I don't.

H2O

Reaction score
Let's see how these are evolving!

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of these as well, haven't worn them yet though.

I sized down from my normal 11 to a 10.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else hate their laces.. cheap cop out.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So here we are in May. My Addisons have been through a couple of hikes now. Just for snicks I decided to take a few pics on the trail. This gives you an idea of what I put all my 1K boots through. In the monster review thread I posted a few pics when I had a pair resoled (brown original 1Ks) after a year of all kinds of harsh treatment. The boots cleaned up well and the patina to date is awesome. The pics are still up if anyone wants to see what they look like. Awwwww they got some slime and muck on them.... Oh No My Addisons are Ruined! LOL! by DYSong Photography, on Flickr Awwww Muddy Boot by DYSong Photography, on Flickr This is how I clean them when out and about hiking. No joke and no wet feet either..... Cleaning Your Addisons Trail Style by DYSong Photography, on Flickr I'll brush them down in a few days and apply some boot oil. They'll be good as new.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these boots are awsome. I kop them, but they were just slightly too narrow. Had to return, but otherwise would have kept them for winter beater.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW do these fit more narrow than the 1000 orginal wolverine?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
BTW do these fit more narrow than the 1000 orginal wolverine?
No they fit the same.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads