• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 mile 744 LTD Boots

jthap

Reaction score
Hi All,

The Wolverine 744's are my first pair of shell boots. The fit is perfect, but the boots "sqeak" when I walk in them. Is this normal for this type of boot, and more importantly, will the "squeaking" work its way out?

Thanks.

John

dannygold

Reaction score
Wore my new ones today for the first time. Love them.

Last edited:

CarterH

Reaction score
So what's the consensus on sizing with these? I'm an 8.5 in the AE 5 last, a 9 in sneakers, and an 8 in a Clark's db..should I go for an 8 or 8.5?

dylan123

Reaction score
I want to share with you that I wear 8D in Alden Barrie last longwing and I try on the Wolverine 744 in size 8 and 8.5. I end up getting size 8. It fit me perfectly. 8.5 have way too much room in the front.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of the 1000 Mile 744's. As for sizing, I recommend going TTS (which would be .5 size larger than non Cordovan 1000 Mile made in USA boots). Here 's the pics aka 744 pr0n:

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just picked up a pair of the 1000 Mile 744's. As for sizing, I recommend going TTS (which would be .5 size larger than non Cordovan 1000 Mile made in USA boots). Here 's the pics aka 744 pr0n:

I want to revise my sizing advice on these boots. I think they run .5 size large, just like the regular non-cordo 1000 Mile boots.

rphotoboy

Reaction score
So,

I just won this pair of new 744's that just happened to be in my size. For the price, I imagine they would have to be seconds. I don't, however, see any mark on the bottoms of the soles, like I have with other 744 seconds I've seen posted for sale on this site. It seems like one of the captoes is a fair bit lighter than the other, so that might be why they are seconds, and that seems like an easy thing to remedy.

Would anyone with a pair of seconds be able to tell me where they are marked as such? Thanks in advance,

rphotoboy

Reaction score
I don't have them in my hands just yet, so I don't know. All I have to go on is the images in the Ebay posting. I was just wondering if I might be able to determine anything by the lack of marks on the sole of the shoe, and really hoping I don't get very poor quality seconds, with something like a hole in the leather (Happened to me with a pair of seconded CXL 1K's from STP).

Cheers,

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

1) Yes indeed. I don't think I would've spent this kind of money on a cordovan boot if it weren't being made by a more elegant shoemaker than Wolverine. I trust AE implicitly. 2) I would say they're a bit lower profile/sleeker than the standard 1000 milers, but I've only tried the others on in a store. Here are a few photos taken from above for you to see the toe box. For reference, these are the 10 1/2s.
great pics, great boots

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Uh Oh I'll add to the confusion then. I am a 10D in AE 1 and 5 last, and most AE lasts except the rough collection which all 3 are a 9.5D. My 744 is a 10D and fits perfectly but for the Krause I went down to a 9.5D which fits identical to the 744. My understanding is that the Krause fits like the original 1K which I do not own (yet). By fitting perfectly I am talking wearing a lightweight or mid weight Smart Wool hiking sock with them. Will post later in the 1k thread but 744 with some wear compared to other brown shell- left to right: AE Dundee in dark brown shell, 744, C&J for RL Marlow in cigar shell, 744, AE Dalton in walnut shell. Love the fit of the 744's, great buy and I wear the hell out of them.
the 744 toe cap pinching looks like its flaring up. Is that common? or am i just seeing things?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads