1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 mile 744 LTD Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by carlos566, Aug 15, 2012.

1. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Just saw a pair of 744s on ebay, 11d.

2. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Just picked up a pair of the 1000 Mile 744's. As for sizing, I recommend going TTS (which would be .5 size larger than non Cordovan 1000 Mile made in USA boots). Here 's the pics aka 744 pr0n:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

I want to revise my sizing advice on these boots. I think they run .5 size large, just like the regular non-cordo 1000 Mile boots.

4. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

I agree, that's how I sized mine. That said, my 744/721s are both a hair snug on the sides, but I have a wide foot. 9 is perfect length and a fine width, 9.5 would be a better width but the length felt much too long.

5. rphotoboy

rphotoboy Member

So,

I just won this pair of new 744's that just happened to be in my size. For the price, I imagine they would have to be seconds. I don't, however, see any mark on the bottoms of the soles, like I have with other 744 seconds I've seen posted for sale on this site. It seems like one of the captoes is a fair bit lighter than the other, so that might be why they are seconds, and that seems like an easy thing to remedy.

Would anyone with a pair of seconds be able to tell me where they are marked as such? Thanks in advance,

6. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Are they numbered on the tongue?

7. rphotoboy

rphotoboy Member

I don't have them in my hands just yet, so I don't know. All I have to go on is the images in the Ebay posting. I was just wondering if I might be able to determine anything by the lack of marks on the sole of the shoe, and really hoping I don't get very poor quality seconds, with something like a hole in the leather (Happened to me with a pair of seconded CXL 1K's from STP).

Cheers,

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

i think i prefer the brown of the 744 compared to the burgundy of the 721

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

great pics, great boots

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

the 744 toe cap pinching looks like its flaring up. Is that common? or am i just seeing things?

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

got a pair on the way as well. will post pics once they arrive :slayer:

12. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

When mine where new yes the back edge of the pinking did flare up a little bit. With enough brushing I beat them into submission soon enough though [​IMG]

Congrats, they are great boots NAMOR, I'm sure you will like them.

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

thanks cold iron. any updated pics of your boots?

14. rphotoboy

rphotoboy Member

OK,

So the boots arrived yesterday. They are flawless, except for the slightly darker vamp and lighter toe cap of the right boot. Just out of the box, with some brushing:

[​IMG]

Close-up of color differential:
    [​IMG]

This is what confused me. The boots are labeled, #61 out of 1000, suggesting that they are firsts, but there's a tiny hole punched into the back heel of the right boot, the one with the color variations. Maybe the boots passed early QC, but then were rejected later? I'd really be interested to hear if anyone else happened to have boot #61. Numbering and hole punch shown here:

[​IMG]

This is what they look like with a coat of VSC and some brushing. They've been sitting for a bit, and they just drank up the cream, so I'll probably follow up with another coat. All in all, I'm extremely happy; beautiful new shell boots for $325. If the lighter toe cap is bothering me, I can always just darken it a bit.

[​IMG]

15. nemo

nemo Senior member

To possibly answer your question regarding the hole in the heel, I have a pair that I suspect are seconds (lacks the numbering) but are not marked in any way to indicate it was not to be sold as regular retail firsts.

Also, if it's any consolation, the scalloping/ruffle trims on yours seems to be much cleaner with a much slimmer edging than many of the 744LTD I've seen posted online - including mine. For me at least, it is a bit unsightly as they flare up unevenly with wear.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  16. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

No numbering means not first quality. The boots rphoto has were most likely firsts that were either rejected by W, the dealer or a customer and ended being marked and then sold as seconds.

17. nemo

nemo Senior member

No doubt you are right, as I was a bit baffled myself. The retailer (Leffot) that I purchased my 744LTD from is also a Wolverine stockist, has a good reputation over all and well regarded here on SF, when asked specifically about the lack of numbering brushed aside the issue and said they and Wolverine stand behind the product as a first. No where to go from there with such an adamant stance, so either I'm being hoodwinked and Leffot is not what they claim to be, or there are exception to the rule, not really sure at this point.

18. meowmix1891

meowmix1891 Senior member

I have a pair on the way. $299 yeah! I hope there's nothing egregiously wrong with them. Now, should I sell my 1 ~2 month old 1000 miles in favor of the 744's? Seems redundant to have 2 pairs of brown work boots.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  19. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Bitch don't brag about the price and not tell us where you got them. Don't be that guy

20. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

Negative, not redundant to have both. The 744s are much less of a "work" boot. And where did you get them

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.