• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 mile 744 LTD Boots

indigoeagle

Reaction score
Two questions regarding these:
1. Are they also made by Allen Edmonds like the 721s?
2. Is the shape of the 744s the same as that of the original 1000 Miles? Especially the toe box.

cathpah

Reaction score
1) Yes indeed. I don't think I would've spent this kind of money on a cordovan boot if it weren't being made by a more elegant shoemaker than Wolverine. I trust AE implicitly.

2) I would say they're a bit lower profile/sleeker than the standard 1000 milers, but I've only tried the others on in a store. Here are a few photos taken from above for you to see the toe box. For reference, these are the 10 1/2s.

cathpah

Reaction score
indigoeagle: I replied to your questions (with pictures of the toe box), but since I'm a new member, it's being approved by the mods. That post should show up soon.

Edit: looks like they put that post above this one. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:

indigoeagle

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply and the pics.
Yes, it does look sleeker.
Does Wolverine make the original one themselves? Or is it also done by AE?

cathpah

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply and the pics.
Yes, it does look sleeker.
Does Wolverine make the original one themselves? Or is it also done by AE?
I guess I'm confused. What do you mean "the original one?"

To my knowledge, the only boots that AE has made for Wolverine are their cordovan boots.

Last edited:

indigoeagle

Reaction score
By original I meant the CXL plain toe one that is available in brown, black and tan. I had assumed it was called 'original'.
I just checked the site. They're just called "the 1000 mile boot" while the other models have further descriptions added such as "Cap Toe", "Wingtip", etc..
That's also what I meant with the comparison of this 744ltd one with the plain toe CXL one.
I had read somewhere that one salesperson said those were manufactured by Whites.

cathpah

Reaction score
By original I meant the CXL plain toe one that is available in brown, black and tan. I had assumed it was called 'original'.
I just checked the site. They're just called "the 1000 mile boot" while the other models have further descriptions added such as "Cap Toe", "Wingtip", etc..
That's also what I meant with the comparison of this 744ltd one with the plain toe CXL one.
I had read somewhere that one salesperson said those were manufactured by Whites.
Ahh...that makes perfect sense. My apologies for the confusion/ignorance as to what you meant.

cathpah

Reaction score
Since I've gotten so many PMs about the factory seconds for these shoes, I was able to get my hands on a pair of 9.5s and a pair of 10s (along with the pair of 9s that I bought earlier). I'm certainly not trying to turn this into a buy/sell thread, but given the cost savings, I figured I'd post that here.

itbegins

Reaction score

Since I've gotten so many PMs about the factory seconds for these shoes, I was able to get my hands on a pair of 9.5s and a pair of 10s (along with the pair of 9s that I bought earlier).  I'm certainly not trying to turn this into a buy/sell thread, but given the cost savings, I figured I'd post that here.

FYI Allen Edmonds is selling seconds for $399, they fall under their typical seconds return policy (exchange or return if unworn). Shoot them an email or call and they'll tell you what sizes they have in stock.

Last edited:

cathpah

Reaction score
Edit: Didn't want this to turn into a price discussion. Apparently I paid too much.

Deleted post.

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair of lightly used size 11 Addisons in tan that I might put up on B&S soon if anyone is interested.

twocoloreyes

Reaction score
Is it just me or does there seam to be a large number of seconds from this 744 run? I don't remember the 721 having this many seconds. Btw I might have some 744 size 9 seconds to git rid of if they don't stack up to my 721s. Let me know if you are interested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads