1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 mile 744 LTD Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by carlos566, Aug 15, 2012.

1. carlos566

carlos566 Member

I think that brown color goes with a lot more of my clothes. I am glad its not green, I for sure have my pair reserved for the 20th, will post pics when I pick them up. My local store, got 70 pairs, so I am sure there shouldn't be a shortage.

2. carlos566

carlos566 Member

[​IMG]
    Sweet, they feel a little more comfortable than the 721's.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  3. carlos566

carlos566 Member

[​IMG]
    i think these boots will look better as they break in, not so shiny as they are now!

4. coleslawyum

coleslawyum New Member

The toe box is not reinforced, so I would imagine it would flatten over time.

5. coleslawyum

coleslawyum New Member

Forgot to add a pic…
    [​IMG]

6. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

So despite not being initially impressed, I think I will give these a try. Are you guys going true to size or down a half step? I will be wearing these as casual boots (not work boots) so I will not be wearing thick works socks.

Also, how are they on width? I am normally an E-width. Do these have much lateral room? Can anyone compare to the Barrie last?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  7. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

coleslaw damn that looks tits!

8. carlos566

carlos566 Member

I WEAR A 11 IN NIKE AND ADDIDAS. AND A 10.5 IN THE LTD'S AND A 10 IN THE NORMAL 1000 MILE COLLECTION. HOPE THAT HELPS!

1 person likes this.
  9. trig

trig Senior member

stop shouting

10. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

I just saw these in-person and instantly fell in love and bought a pair for myself. I actually found them as factory seconds, so aside from the 9.5s that I got for myself, I bought 2 extra pairs to pass along to other fashion nerds who don't want to miss out on these (given only 1000 were made). Since I don't have enough posts on this forum to start a thread in the buy/sell area, I figured I'd mention that here. I have a pair in 9 and a pair in 10.5 that I'm willing to part with...so send me a PM if you have any interest in these. (If me mentioning that in this thread is a no-no, my apologies, and I'll happily edit my post accordingly. Just let me know)

As far as fit goes, I tend to be stuck between 9 & 9.5 for most shoes, and I think that applies to these shoes too. The 9 might be a wee bit small (but could potentially stretch to fit correctly) and the 9.5 might be a wee bit large. I ended up choosing the 9.5 for the winter months when I wear thicker socks, but they fit fine today in my dress socks.

Edit: 10.5s have now sold. That said, if you're interested in other sizes (or another pair of 10.5), let me know and I can check for stock on more pairs of seconds.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  11. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Senior member

Two questions regarding these:
    1. Are they also made by Allen Edmonds like the 721s?
    2. Is the shape of the 744s the same as that of the original 1000 Miles? Especially the toe box.

12. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

1) Yes indeed. I don't think I would've spent this kind of money on a cordovan boot if it weren't being made by a more elegant shoemaker than Wolverine. I trust AE implicitly.

2) I would say they're a bit lower profile/sleeker than the standard 1000 milers, but I've only tried the others on in a store. Here are a few photos taken from above for you to see the toe box. For reference, these are the 10 1/2s.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

indigoeagle: I replied to your questions (with pictures of the toe box), but since I'm a new member, it's being approved by the mods. That post should show up soon.

Edit: looks like they put that post above this one. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  14. indigoeagle

Thanks for your reply and the pics.
    Yes, it does look sleeker.
    Does Wolverine make the original one themselves? Or is it also done by AE?

15. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

I guess I'm confused. What do you mean "the original one?"

To my knowledge, the only boots that AE has made for Wolverine are their cordovan boots.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  16. indigoeagle

By original I meant the CXL plain toe one that is available in brown, black and tan. I had assumed it was called 'original'.
    I just checked the site. They're just called "the 1000 mile boot" while the other models have further descriptions added such as "Cap Toe", "Wingtip", etc..
    That's also what I meant with the comparison of this 744ltd one with the plain toe CXL one.
    I had read somewhere that one salesperson said those were manufactured by Whites.

17. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

Ahh...that makes perfect sense. My apologies for the confusion/ignorance as to what you meant.

18. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

Since I've gotten so many PMs about the factory seconds for these shoes, I was able to get my hands on a pair of 9.5s and a pair of 10s (along with the pair of 9s that I bought earlier). I'm certainly not trying to turn this into a buy/sell thread, but given the cost savings, I figured I'd post that here.

19. itbegins

itbegins Senior member

FYI Allen Edmonds is selling seconds for $399, they fall under their typical seconds return policy (exchange or return if unworn). Shoot them an email or call and they'll tell you what sizes they have in stock.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  20. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

Edit: Didn't want this to turn into a price discussion. Apparently I paid too much.

Deleted post.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012