• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WolfvsGoat.com - Black Friday Sale

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Superfluous Man
Bugger I also wear an XS in JCrew. I have a BD shirt in XS and its just a tiny bit too short in the sleeves but it fits well elsewhere. I'm going with a small this time.

They are quite nice for sure.

This is how my experience is with Mediums. I'm fine with a smidge of shortness in the sleeve if it gets me the absolute best fits on the body. The blousy body from J. Crew no more! Well fitting all around. You'll enjoy this shirt. Plus you're getting it at a great price.

bugger

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, picked up a xs bd shirt in charcoal. Cant wait for it to arrive

jpo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
I have one 40 set aside. If homeboy doesn't take it it's yours.

I have tons of mediums I thought.

Cool. I'll take it, just let me know.

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
How often do they re-stock their button-ups? I want that spearmint green one and a charcoal grey one but they're all out of smalls-mediums. Seems lke a great alternative to BoO.
Someone please fill me in. Thanks

baba booey

Reaction score
Is it necessary to size up 1 or 2 on the chinos? I checked the measurements on another site and it appears you lose the slim fit by sizing up?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ no it's not. It's just that there is no vanity sizing on them.

I will put the measurements of the sweats up. It's going to be rough because of the cut.
I can tell you I am a medium in both. I have a 39-40 chest.

BMRC- My shirts as good as if not BETTER than band. Not only in fabrication but in fit and construction.

Best,
Mauro

Robstrongo

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been asked but if I wear a medium in J. Crew should I go with a large in the BD shirts?

burlawa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
^^^ no it's not. It's just that there is no vanity sizing on them.

I will put the measurements of the sweats up. It's going to be rough because of the cut.
I can tell you I am a medium in both. I have a 39-40 chest.

BMRC- My shirts as good as if not BETTER than band. Not only in fabrication but in fit and construction.

Best,
Mauro

Hmm, big statement considering the amount of love BoO gets around here. At the price couldn't resist the spinach AD hopefully it works out well.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Band initially got a lot of love because of they revolutionized the slim cut oxford shirt. However, their quality of fabric and buttons has decreased considerably since then, and at this point you're paying simply for the name. I have BoO shirts and WvG shirts, and I can attest to the fact that WvG > BoO

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mauro,
Will you ever lengthen the Black V-Neck t shirt in the future in the Large-XLarge sizes? I'm tall so a 24.5inch length is a deal breaker.

stickshift

Reaction score
Are the dandy work pants made of sanforized fabric? How much shrinkage can I expect?

sjnv

Reaction score
Is the Before Dinner and After Dinner blueberry color supposed to be the same? (but different due to lighting)

Any fit pics of the After Dinner anyone??

I'm a slim guy and feel like the After Dinner will be billowy
frown.gif

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't except to much shrinkage from the dandy pants. I am a 32 in them and wash them all the time. They look cool as ****. The changes like denim. It's really amazing. The fabric is Sanforized. I wear them all the time and shrinkage has been minimal for me.

I WILL BE MAKING THE TEE'S LONGER. Some of the guys were talking about the tee's. TThey hold up great and are soft as **** and no one likes hard ****.

I have thermals of the sickest fabric and cotton cashmere tee's coming out in a few weeks.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The after dinner short is still slim. I think everyone is scared. I will have MUCH better picks up on the web. I will leave the sale going through next week because I wasn't happy with the pictures. It doesn't do the clothes ANY justice.

I will have fit pics of the ADS shirts as well. If you are an average dude and don;t want a super fitted shirt but are sick of the loose crap the ADS is the perfect shirt.
I think after everything is shipped and people try stuff on I will make believers out of you guys.

Regarding the Quality of my shirts I will pit them against ANY shirt of that price range and more.
It's a sin to see what some other brands charge for their ****.

Best,
mauro

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads