• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolford hosiery

cristobal

Reaction score
I've been looking around for a store that sells over-the-calf sheer silk socks for a while now. My girlfriend recently told me about Wolford, where she buys her pantyhose and thigh-highs. She says they have a line of men's socks. Anyone here know about Wolford and their men's hosiery?

pstoller

Reaction score
I don't know anything specifically about the men's hosiery line, other than that it does, indeed, exist. I do know that Wolford makes some of the finest hosiery for women in the world. I can't think why its men's line should be of any lesser quality. For an index of the current product line, click here: Wolford Men's Collection

thc

Reaction score
They're very good quality. They sell them at Jeffrey here in New York. For another good brand of socks, check out Pantherella. Hickey Freeman also makes over the calf socks..

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Second thc on the Pantherellas. Brioni, Armani and Zegna make socks as well. And I've had good luck with Bresciani and John W. Nordstrom. New and Lingwood have some interesting models also. Prices look good, but I've never bought any. (www.newandlingwood.com).

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There are plenty of Italian manufacturers producing this type of sock (that's where Armani, Brioni or Zegna get their socks from); it is after all an essential for the suave, sartorial Latin of a certain age.

Look in old-fashioned men's outfitters: with Sulka gone, try Paul Stuart. Anybody catering for a sharp dressing Mediterranean clientele should be able to help you. (As opposed to a very English look.)

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you are looking for formal black silk socks, check out www.bensilver.com in their formal collection. GREAT catalogue of classic style.

Joe G

Reaction score
I've been looking around for a store that sells over-the-calf sheer silk socks for a while now. My girlfriend recently told me about Wolford, where she buys her pantyhose and thigh-highs. She says they have a line of men's socks. Anyone here know about Wolford and their men's hosiery?
Wolford is a Viennese institution, and their men's line is just as good as their women's. However, they may require more attention than the average person is apt to have the time and inclination to give. I will not, for instance, have my socks laundered.

Peace,

JG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads