• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

jmaudi0

Reaction score
reddit sucks for this kind of things. threads always dying and stuff. pointless

i think the WvG subreddit will stay pretty small. it won't get junked up with loads on nonsense like the larger "fashion" reddits. I see no reason why it won't work. Mauro has a small but dedicated base...we will follow him. No biggie imo.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
The user (and therefore customer) base on reddit is way, way bigger than on SF. I like SF and all, but maybe this will finally get me to figure out how tf reddit works.

This can still be an unofficial appreciation and discussion thread, obvs.

orfane

Reaction score
I'm all for having an active reddit sub, but no reason for that to make this thread die. Mauro has had an on/off relationship with SF for a while anyway. He may be back again, but either way we can keep to convo going here and there.

PS if people actually need help getting set up on reddit I'm happy to help. Its really not hard but I was helping Mauro for a bit so happy to help people transition.

2pac

Reaction score
I could see it becoming similar to the Outlier subreddit

2pac

Reaction score
In what way are you referring to?

Threads for each release, threads of questions about things like sizing or materials, threads about product requests or asking if something is in the pipeline, etc.

orfane

Reaction score
Threads for each release, threads of questions about things like sizing or materials, threads about product requests or asking if something is in the pipeline, etc.

Yeah that is what I like about reddit over a regular forum like SF. Sure threads die but you can have many easily searchable threads devoted to different topics. It makes much more sense to me

YabosMcGee

Reaction score
Yeah that is what I like about reddit over a regular forum like SF. Sure threads die but you can have many easily searchable threads devoted to different topics. It makes much more sense to me

Forums are much more searchable, and also have better advanced search options. When you search reddit, half the time it doesn't find info inside a post itself. People keep trying to shoehorn reddit into some kind of forum, but it's just not designed that way.

crouchy

Reaction score
Forums are much more searchable, and also have better advanced search options. When you search reddit, half the time it doesn't find info inside a post itself. People keep trying to shoehorn reddit into some kind of forum, but it's just not designed that way.
True, but Reddit spurs more conversation. Mauro created a thread less than 20 hours ago that already has 39 comments. I just don't see the same interaction here. (And this is coming from a person who was hesitant about the switch too, mainly because I was worried I wouldn't receive notifications when Mauro posted something new. Turns out you can do that on Reddit after all.)

Reddit isn't the ideal platform, but it might be the better platform? I suppose it depends on what everyone's looking to get out of this. Personally, I like hearing Mauro talk about his process, what's coming out soon, etc. Also, I really dislike missing out when new items get posted for sale (which is why I follow this forum like a hawk, and Reddit now too.)

If Reddit fosters more communication, I'm all for it. But I do hear you. Reddit searches are awful.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem with Reddit is the people, not the platform.

I don't really care though. I just want Mauro to pick a medium of communication and stick with it. I feel like I check 5 different sources per week looking out for new ****.

orfane

Reaction score
Announcement from Mauro on reddit:

Monday, I am dropping new tees. Felice will have a few colors. Hopefully, the "Caligula" bamboo sorona will be ready as well.
Like always this is how it will work. I will send out a newsletter to Rewards members only. A day later I will send out a general newsletter. The sale will only last a couple days long. ALL non-sale items will be 50% off. I have a strong feeling the bamboo sorona will be swooped up by rewards members but don't hold me to that. The bamboo sorona will be the 135gr and I will have 6 kickass colors. The Felice has 5 colors, 3 pigment dye and two reactive. The neck's for the tees are V-neck, crew neck, and roll neck. If you have questions ask away.

mookiej

Reaction score
From Reddit:

The Felice tees are live. Felice is WvG's classic crew made in Italy. 100% long staple cotton which is pigment dyed here in the U.S. of A.It's a proven body style and people really like it. The pigment dye is all Gots certified. We use natural organic dyes only.

The moss green is the ****. I am really stoked on how the color came out. I will probably make this color a restock color. I like it that much. Ecru speakes for itself. Denim Blue and Pepper are just solid colors and have been made a few times. I am in the process of finishing a newsletter. I will have to wait for my wife to get home to edit it or the spelling and grammar nazis will kill me. In the meantime if you are a rewards member everything is live. I suggest trying one of the tees with some "Jim" shorts. Tomorrow or the next day I will create a flash sale code for the non-rewards members. If you have questions feel free to ask.​

pe3brain

Reaction score
Hey I'm am old rewards member and I haven't bought anything since 2016. I finally have a 100 bucks that I can use for a wvg shirt. How has the fit changed? I used to be a medium after dinner but now I have no idea

HeavenResign

Reaction score
I'm sorry man I don't have any of the older style shirts, I don't know exactly how to compare. But based off my knowledge a 43 after dinner is about the correlated fit from the older styles, but I'm sure if you email Mauro or post on the subreddit he'll get back to you

ALSO for anyone reading, a few months ago I wanted to size up in the germanicus, and I stupidly returned my iron ore and navy short sleeves. I've changed my mind! So if anyone has iron ore/navy germanicus short sleeves in size S they wanna sell, hmu!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads