• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, tobias. I had forgotten to place an order, but that settles it for me. I'll be getting a few in my usual S.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
This came up in another thread so I figured I'd ask here - any plans for more u-necks and tanks this spring / summer?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This came up in another thread so I figured I'd ask here - any plans for more u-necks and tanks this spring / summer?
Yes. I am starting now so I am hoping for more u-neck and tanks in March.

YabosMcGee

Reaction score
My Westwood Cotton Rollnecks arrived today. According to the measurements, they run a little smaller than the Bamboo variant, but I find the fit to be indistinguishable—my usual size fits me best. Going a size up was way too big.

The fabric and dye are pretty sick. Already placed a second order for some more now that I've got the sizing confirmed.

For reference, I'm 5'11, 155lbs with a 38" chest and wear a medium.

Well, I'm definitely glad I sized up. I recently got a Nero and Caligula shirt in medium. After reading the description, and checking the measurements, I went with a large for the Westwood and Brando I ordered. They fit just about perfectly. They're a bit longer than I usually wear shirts, but I'm hoping they'll shrink after the first wash. I also hope they soften up a bit after the first wash. They feel like they've been starched. For reference, I have about a 40" - 41" chest.

HeavenResign

Reaction score
re: tobias

Yeah, I don't wanna muddy the waters too much on sizing info since my westwood's haven't come in yet --

but i'm just over 5'8" and 145 lbs and wear an S in Caligula's, and not that BMI is everything, but that means I have a slightly higher bmi than you, and my weight's not in my legs that's for sure. So I can believe if you wear size M's in Caligula's, the size L's would be noticeably too big on you

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mauro my man. How did that top set of sweaters come out? Are we in for a group buy or SOL this year?
The top set is lost in the mail. I am running out of patience with DHL, UPS, FED-EX and USPS.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
re: tobias

Yeah, I don't wanna muddy the waters too much on sizing info since my westwood's haven't come in yet --

but i'm just over 5'8" and 145 lbs and wear an S in Caligula's, and not that BMI is everything, but that means I have a slightly higher bmi than you, and my weight's not in my legs that's for sure. So I can believe if you wear size M's in Caligula's, the size L's would be noticeably too big on you

I've tried on a Caligula in small and found it to be a little short and very slim throughout the body—almost skin tight, like a base layer. Technically it fits, but it's not the look I'm going for. The medium, however, is still slim in the arms and chest like I like it, but drapes better.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Yes. I am starting now so I am hoping for more u-neck and tanks in March.

Awesome. After basically living in the tanks while the weather was warm, I came to the conclusion that if you end up tweaking the cut at all, the neckline could drop a hair (1" or less) and the straps could be a shade thinner.

orfane

Reaction score
Speaking of mail problems, the mail man finally remember where my apartment is (no joke, it was "undeliverable" for two days because they couldn't find it. Been living here 4 years smh) so I got my new gear in! Hoping for pics soon but Medium Germanicus and Large Westwood fit like a dream (5'9", 175 for reference). Got a beanie that is also super dope if I can ever steal it back from my girlfriend.

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
Any chance of opening up a semi MTM sort of deal for tees? I'm a weirdo who likes mine looking like dresses, apparently. I missed out on scoop neck round one and am still punching myself over it.

YabosMcGee

Reaction score
Evidently Mauro will no longer be posting on SF and instead building out the wvg subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/wolfvsgoat/

Bleh. I mean, I use reddit, but I don't find it a very good replacement for an actual forum. It's a news aggregator. I mean, it's alright for things like /r/frugalmalefashion, because you'd want to view that sub by filtering for new. But, it's terrible for anything that require continuity, especially discussions.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bleh. I mean, I use reddit, but I don't find it a very good replacement for an actual forum. It's a news aggregator. I mean, it's alright for things like /r/frugalmalefashion, because you'd want to view that sub by filtering for new. But, it's terrible for anything that require continuity, especially discussions.

reddit sucks for this kind of things. threads always dying and stuff. pointless

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads