1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by falathar, Oct 6, 2015.

1. falathar

falathar Senior member

+1

2. GoodTwillHuntin

GoodTwillHuntin Senior member

I love the price breakdown on each item in the description.

3. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Senior member

I emailed Mauro about my Avacetto shirt and haven't heard back. Anyone have theirs? Also, anyone have an update on the "not so normal" shirts and beanies?

4. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

Has anyone gotten shipping notification for their Fiocco Roll Neck Tee from summer yet? Just wondering if I should be worried...

5. single origin

single origin Senior member

Haven't gotten a notification yet, but I wouldn't worry about it. Mauro is pretty fast at shipping products once he gets them from the factory.

6. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

Wow I somehow missed the email about the Enzo chinos. Was lucky to snag a pair of khaki's in my size. I've been waiting for them for a while. The Enzo fit and material is perfect! I actually don't have a pair of khaki chino's right now. Def will get a ton of wear out of these. Tempted to grab the indigo Enzo's as well even tho I have too many navy pants....

7. psychodealer

psychodealer Senior member

Interested in how they are. Honestly interested in how much better they can be than the material Jomers and the likes use. It's just a cotton twill right?

8. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

I don't have any experience with Jomers. I know reddit loves them.

I love the Enzo material. It's a relatively thick cotton twill but it's insanely soft. I have 2 other pairs and they both get worn weekly and are holding up great. Plus the cut is perfect. It's slim/skinny but not overly so. I haven't found a better fitting pant. The measurements are spot on from my experience.

1 person likes this.
  9. psychodealer

psychodealer Senior member

Jomers' made in NYC Pants only cost $45 most of the time and they use interesting fabrics, like cotton rooftop, reverse sateen that Engineered Garment used, and I just got the cotton flannel and the duck canvas.

Interesting. I doubt I'll be super into the pants, if that's it. The Jomers fit fine, could be slimmer. But if they fit well for you then by all means go after them!

10. aerimorla

aerimorla Well-Known Member

They're seriously pretty soft. Like my green herringbone enzos are almost... limp? very drapey compared to some of my other pants which are stiffer.

11. trig

trig Senior member

My only desire for Enzos would be a higher rise

2 people like this.
  12. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

Did anyone else have trouble using the membership code for the chinos?

1 person likes this.
  13. joelmax

joelmax Well-Known Member

I have several pairs of WVG pants and even more Jomers. The green chinos are incredibly soft, softer than any Jomers pants. Jomers are great for the money. There is no better deal, but I don't think they have the best construction or fit.

14. NotClever

NotClever Senior member

The fabric on my Enzos is pretty great. Very thick and very soft compared to anything else I own.

That said, while I like the fit, it is relatively slim. Not skinny, but on the slim side of slim. They draw attention/comments at work events, for example. I fucking love them, though. I wish Mauro would produce pants more regularly. The value for quality is so good.

That said, has anyone else gotten the Bordeaux predators? I picked some up on the last sale so I can't really complain, but the leg opening seems a good inch or so larger than my 60s denim and my olive predator chinos.

1 person likes this.
  15. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Senior member

Yeah, the only article of clothing I can't get from Mauro are pants. They're nowhere near big enough in the legs and butt. I'm surprised that he doesn't produce something bigger. I would imagine many of his clients are at least my age or older and aren't into skinny jeans.

1 person likes this.
  16. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

The green herringbone Enzo's were a different material. Still nice, but not the same as the grey, indigo, khaki, red, etc.

1 person likes this.
  17. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    I would make more pants if people bought more pants.

The paul pant is for dude with big ass legs @ taint it sweet. Shoot me an email an I will send you a pair.

I am working on two new pant models. Basically , one os an elastic waistband sport pant. The other in like the enzo with a higher rise.

I have no idea the age demographic I sell to but I think most are younger kids. I wish I could tap into the working late twenties , thirties, forties crowd. It would be great for everyone.

The green herringbone was not the same fabric as my go to bottom weight chino. Both are made from the same mill in Italy. The bottom weight chino I use in my opinion is almost impossible to beat for comfort, weight, and price.
    Before I started using it I tracked it down and studied it for two years. That fabric is similar to the bamboo sorona in the simple fact none of my customers want me to stop using it. It's just feels to good.

2 people like this.
  18. GoodTwillHuntin

GoodTwillHuntin Senior member

Hey Mauro, did the mill ever get back to you on what was wrong with the Avocetta?

19. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Yah, Email me. It's a mess and we are correcting it.

20. shortlefty

shortlefty Senior member

Hey Mauro are you going to be making any more ties?