• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That double print looks amazing. But I personally I can't tell if I'm going to like something until I see the finished product. I don't buy that much clothing (although my gf may disagree) and little things can turn me off, like pocket placement or size. So how do you guys pick a shirt based solely on the fabric? Is it always going to be a similar cut/design to previous shirts?
Yeah, its always the same pattern. That's part of what goes into the $110 price for something like this, the guarantee that it will be the same as every other shirt you've purchased so far. Given the same size the pocket placement and design should be the same across all WvG shirts. Or I should say all italian shirts should be the same as each other and all american shirts should be the same as each other. I buy from Epaulet, another brand in the same price range as WvG and you get used to buying based off a swatch. I was really unsure when I first started buying nicer things how something would look once its made into a full shirt. I still have some regrets but it's pretty rare.

Last edited:

psychodealer

Reaction score

Yeah, its always the same pattern. That's part of what goes into the $110 price for something like this, the guarantee that it will be the same as every other shirt you've purchased so far. Given the same size the pocket placement and design should be the same across all WvG shirts. Or I should say all italian shirts should be the same as each other and all american shirts should be the same as each other. I buy from Epaulet, another brand in the same price range as WvG and you get used to buying based off a swatch. I was really unsure when I first started buying nicer things how something would look once its made into a full shirt. I still have some regrets but it's pretty rare. 
I really wish they would dig up a sample at least and show us what it looks like fully finished. But just based on the fabrics from may, I would've at least gotten the bait fish pattern, maybe the floral, and the Double print for sure.

The double print if it was breathable would he amazing.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really wish they would dig up a sample at least and show us what it looks like fully finished. But just based on the fabrics from may, I would've at least gotten the bait fish pattern, maybe the floral, and the Double print for sure.

The double print if it was breathable would he amazing.
I understand, it can be annoying but I guess I'm just used to picking from swatches. I've never regretted a pattern or print that i've picked up from WvG. The wait times have become my biggest frustration but I digress. It comes with the territory as its tough for retailers to make up a single unit, since they usually need a certain number of orders to get a reasonable price on it. No point in making a sample if no ends up buying them. As well since he has pics of previous shirts up everyone knows roughly what it will look like.

kwanon

Reaction score
All of the coolest fabrics I've seen from Epaulet I've bought based on swatches. Moving in that direction with WvG. I agree it's just part of the game but there's definitely a leap of faith if you're not familiar with the brand and the product.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All of the coolest fabrics I've seen from Epaulet I've bought based on swatches. Moving in that direction with WvG. I agree it's just part of the game but there's definitely a leap of faith if you're not familiar with the brand and the product.

Leap of faith is a great way to describe it. Im just used to it at this point. Honestly it's not often I buy something now that isn't from just a swatch.

single origin

Reaction score
Picked up slater sweatshirt from current sale and it's simply on another level, it's light to mid weight which makes it great for fall. There's still a medium up for grabs on the website if any one's interested

always a fan of mauro's care tags!

psychodealer

Reaction score

Picked up slater sweatshirt from current sale and it's simply on another level, it's light to mid weight which makes it great for fall. There's still a medium up for grabs on the website if any one's interested . [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] always a fan of mauro's care tags!
Looks like a pretty good sweatshirt! I looked at it online. Why is there like only 1cm of difference between the sizes? The chest is like 23" in the medium, and that seems a bit too large IMO. How is the fit? What's so good about it that makes it on a "different level" btw? Is the Terry quality really good that it beats out others or something?
Leap of faith is a great way to describe it. Im just used to it at this point. Honestly it's not often I buy something now that isn't from just a swatch.
That might be me in the future. The apparent quality and unique and beautiful prints Wolf vs Goat offers is something I have to try. Seems like iboemt be buying anything from Gustin, Luxire and the likes for a while now. Swatch ftw. Would love to see the double print shirt though. Looks like an indigo to me which is fantastic.

single origin

Reaction score
Looks like a pretty good sweatshirt!

I looked at it online. Why is there like only 1cm of difference between the sizes? The chest is like 23" in the medium, and that seems a bit too large IMO. How is the fit?

What's so good about it that makes it on a "different level" btw? Is the Terry quality really good that it beats out others or something?
That might be me in the future. The apparent quality and unique and beautiful prints Wolf vs Goat offers is something I have to try. Seems like iboemt be buying anything from Gustin, Luxire and the likes for a while now. Swatch ftw.

Would love to see the double print shirt though. Looks like an indigo to me which is fantastic.
I sized down based on the size charts and it fits pretty good, maybe just a tad long. Even though it's supposed to be a fuller fitting sweatshirt, it's not billow-y at all. As for the quality, this has the most uniform stitching than any other sweats I own. I also like that the bottom rib does not cling/gather like other sweatshirts, I especially like the little stitch detail around the cuffs. Like most wvg products the terry quality is really nice. It might not be the softest of the box, but I'm certain it'll get softer with couple washes.

taint it sweet

Reaction score

There was one on sale last night, not sure if glitch or someone might've bought it

I actually ended up finding it and buying the last one. It was weird though. I could not find it on the sale page or the sweatshirt page. I had to actually search for the name of the sweatshirt specifically in order for it to pop up. Thanks for the heads up though, i'm looking forward to getting it for the fall.

moneybagels

Reaction score
I sized down based on the size charts and it fits pretty good, maybe just a tad long. Even though it's supposed to be a fuller fitting sweatshirt, it's not billow-y at all. As for the quality, this has the most uniform stitching than any other sweats I own. I also like that the bottom rib does not cling/gather like other sweatshirts, I especially like the little stitch detail around the cuffs. Like most wvg products the terry quality is really nice. It might not be the softest of the box, but I'm certain it'll get softer with couple washes.

I didn't look at the size charts unfortunately, and got a medium (which is the same size I wear in Reigning Champ, Wings+Horns, and Norse Projects sweats) and it is definitely too big. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it and try to make it work or pass it on.

taint it sweet

Reaction score

I didn't look at the size charts unfortunately, and got a medium (which is the same size I wear in Reigning Champ, Wings+Horns, and Norse Projects sweats) and it is definitely too big. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it and try to make it work or pass it on.
keep us posted. When I get mine, if I like the fit, I may be interested in picking up another medium.

ALEX3

Reaction score
Some steals on Grailed/Grailed basics: 30 floral shorts, 33 chinos and indigo shorts, Small wavy button down and windbreaker and popover, Medium polo, XL henleys from multiple runs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads