• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

GoodTwillHuntin

Reaction score
That might be my favorite blog post yet. Also has a lower amount of typos than usual haha. It should be a requirement to read before entering the sale section. I'm looking forward to the pictures/video for the jacket sleeves since I still can't tell if my denim circles shirt has jacket sleeves or not.

mookiej

Reaction score

I am writing a blog post today about sizing to help the majority of people understand sizing. I know understand why my Italian shirts don't sell as well as my made in the USA shirts. It's not the price and it's certainly not the construction NO brand or factory in the U.S. can even come close to making a shirt as nice as my made in Italy. It's pretty much impossible.
It's all about understanding sizing.

If you are a man who appreciates his appearance do yourself a favor and get measured by a professional. Those numbers will help you navigate between ANY brand to ensure you the proper fit.

FYI, the slater and Brody zip are sized correctly. the bodies are a little bigger like they were designed. Only the Ombre shirts sweatshirts came out small.

Shipping will be delayed for some. I go under the knife Thursday morning.

As someone who is between a BD Small and Medium, I much prefer the Italian sizing because I can get a better fitting shirt "off-the-rack"

It might be helpful for people if there was a translation between the American sizes and the Italian sizes. e.g. a BD Small is a BD XYZ in Italian sizing. I personally just went with the size chart and got the right size right off the bat.

Best wishes for the surgery and a speedy recovery.

psychodealer

Reaction score
I am writing a blog post today about sizing to help the majority of people understand sizing. I know understand why my Italian shirts don't sell as well as my made in the USA shirts. It's not the price and it's certainly not the construction NO brand or factory in the U.S. can even come close to making a shirt as nice as my made in Italy. It's pretty much impossible.
It's all about understanding sizing.

If you are a man who appreciates his appearance do yourself a favor and get measured by a professional. Those numbers will help you navigate between ANY brand to ensure you the proper fit.

FYI, the slater and Brody zip are sized correctly. the bodies are a little bigger like they were designed. Only the Ombre shirts sweatshirts came out small.

Shipping will be delayed for some. I go under the knife Thursday morning.
would really love to see the video about the jacket sleeves and how they differe from the Outlier Pivot Sleeves that I'm in love with.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@goodtwillhuntin dude, the chest are neck sizes are in inches for all me shirts.
I am a 42 inch chest with a 16.5 neck.

Like, I said in the post you need to give yourself breathing room. My neck is really 16 inches but since I don't want to choke myself to death I wear a perfect 16.5. This is normal. That's why I told people to find their finished measurements. A flat lay is the best way to measure.

Don't make it more confusing than it needs to be.

@pyschodealer the outlier pivot shirt is not even remotely close to the "jacket sleeve" it's like comparing apples to oranges. The "jacket sleeve" is a traditional sewing method. It's used for jacket, shirts, and outwear.

What outlier has done is basically made a raglan sleeve for a woven shirt. If you look at the side seam and how it moves up the body you will understand. I am sure it's coo but I am not sure it wears like a regular casual or dress shirt. I would imagine there is gathering in their shirt. Not saying it's good or bad. If you love it go with it.
I would also think the fabric they choose helps the shirt as well.

Outlier and WvG use some of the same fabrics.

psychodealer

Reaction score
@goodtwillhuntin dude, the chest are neck sizes are in inches for all me shirts.
I am a 42 inch chest with a 16.5 neck.

Like, I said in the post you need to give yourself breathing room. My neck is really 16 inches but since I don't want to choke myself to death I wear a perfect 16.5. This is normal. That's why I told people to find their finished measurements. A flat lay is the best way to measure.

Don't make it more confusing than it needs to be.

@pyschodealer the outlier pivot shirt is not even remotely close to the "jacket sleeve" it's like comparing apples to oranges. The "jacket sleeve" is a traditional sewing method. It's used for jacket, shirts, and outwear.

What outlier has done is basically made a raglan sleeve for a woven shirt. If you look at the side seam and how it moves up the body you will understand. I am sure it's coo but I am not sure it wears like a regular casual or dress shirt. I would imagine there is gathering in their shirt. Not saying it's good or bad. If you love it go with it.
I would also think the fabric they choose helps the shirt as well.

Outlier and WvG use some of the same fabrics.
Cool! I definitely think the Outlier shirts look strange from the back. I just ordered my first shirt from you guys and I am eager to see how it fits me, as well as how the arms move. The main reason why I brought up the Outlier shirtis are is that they were the easiest to move in BD shirts I've ever had. Thanks so much for the response!

pleatedjeans

Reaction score
Just grabbed my first WvG shirt, Rose Blue Floral Flannel - can't wait to see that print in person and wear it once the weather turns cold.

kwanon

Reaction score
Got my Big Bubbas yesterday in navy. Wearing them today with my WvG jeans. ******* awesome--highly recommend.
Another WvG item I was on the fence about and ended up quite happy with. I've gotta have more faith.
They're hard as hell to get on though given the height of the heel and how far up the tongue is stitched. I needed a shoehorn.

orfane

Reaction score
Got my Big Bubbas yesterday in navy. Wearing them today with my WvG jeans. ******* awesome--highly recommend.
Another WvG item I was on the fence about and ended up quite happy with. I've gotta have more faith.
They're hard as hell to get on though given the height of the heel and how far up the tongue is stitched. I needed a shoehorn.
I got mine a week or two ago and haven't really found a chance to wear them. Really looking forward to the Fall to make them my daily wears. Any idea if Mauro is going to restock the jeans at any point? None left in my size and I destroyed my pair during the denim challenege

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody how you size the Hunter / Gun patch sweater when compare to BD shirts? Measurements (especially in the shoulders) suggest they are slim fitting, wondering if it will stretch out over time.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody how you size the Hunter / Gun patch sweater when compare to BD shirts? Measurements (especially in the shoulders) suggest they are slim fitting, wondering if it will stretch out over time.
Every sweater i've got from Mauro has been decently slim and really stretchy. If you sized smaller than you like i seriously doubt you'll be uncomfortable.

kwanon

Reaction score
I got mine a week or two ago and haven't really found a chance to wear them. Really looking forward to the Fall to make them my daily wears. Any idea if Mauro is going to restock the jeans at any point? None left in my size and I destroyed my pair during the denim challenege
I really doubt it. I think the minimums were high and he got left sitting on a ton of stock.
I actually just ordered another pair in my size to put on the shelf for a few years for when my current ones wear out.

orfane

Reaction score
I really doubt it. I think the minimums were high and he got left sitting on a ton of stock.
I actually just ordered another pair in my size to put on the shelf for a few years for when my current ones wear out.
Sad, by far my best fitting pair of jeans. Maybe I can pull off a longer inseam if I roll it a lot...

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sad, by far my best fitting pair of jeans. Maybe I can pull off a longer inseam if I roll it a lot...
There are plenty of denim places you can mail stuff in to get hemmed if you dont want to roll it a ton.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads